I have sold me flat in PS for around 42L..
I want to actually invest the money in bigger apartment ..
but reading a lot of posts here i am not sure if its right time to invest..
Or should i wait for the RE crach ( which i dont think so that will happen any time soon) and buy at a later point of time...
are the builder negotiating ??
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Questions for you
    1. How big was your apt (sq ft)
    2. Any amenities ?
    3. Did the buyer negotiate with you and was much did you agree to lessen the price
    4. Do you want to buy as investment again for self use ?

Originally Posted by allnall
    Or should i wait for the RE crach ( which i dont think so that will happen any time soon) and buy at a later point of time...
    CommentQuote
  • 850 sqft .. yes he did nego..
    i am planning for investment purpose.
    CommentQuote
  • Probably waiting till the next election will be better idea.
    Price rise is there no doubt.But I keep harboring a doubt whether it will sustain and may just remain stagnant.
    CommentQuote
  • Hold onto cash. All commodities and stocks are correcting as the FED ends QE. Why should real estate be any different.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by allnall

I would say, you really exited the market at critical junction, good for you. The best thing to do now would be to put this money in PSU bank in capital gains tax account. Lock it for 3 yrs, earn good interest on it & then decide what to do with the capital. If buying immediately would have been the thing, then it is already bad to sell off at first place !! So, hold on to the cash & explore. You can also see avenues of investing in places outside Pune & also in properties like shop, office space etc. rather than just flat. Ofcourse, to do this, better research on ground needs to be done.

Btw, RE bulls will say :-

> Buy as the time to buy is always now,
    > Prices will only appreciate so buy now,
    > Pune will overtake even New York, Dubai & HK.....see the brochures of builders !!!
    :D
    CommentQuote
  • What are your views realacres about the RE market looking forward?
    In my view the prices would correct because of elections coming up next year, a lot of colored money is sucked out of the market during elections.
    CommentQuote