I heard that these are the big issue in Baner and if so, why the rates are too high ?? Can anyone provide some info on the same ?

Regards,
Kishor
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Builders are supplying water through tankers & this way people living there are getting water. But it would be difficult when all the residents will come living.
    CommentQuote
  • Water supply is ok in Baner compare to last 3 years.

If we go very far from Baner road then their is problem , upto Pan card club an balewadi phata it is ok
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Kishor
    I heard that these are the big issue in Baner and if so, why the rates are too high ?? Can anyone provide some info on the same ?

Regards,
    Kishor

I dont think that there is any problem regarding transport in Baner & even Balewadi...Even They are very well connected with PMC buses & even auto rickshaw also dont charge too much like they charge for PS & wakad...
    CommentQuote
  • Water problem and new plant ayt Warje

Sometime back I read in newspaper that Warje Water treatment plant is being expended in capacity to cater to western areas including Baner and for this recently contract has been awarded. Will this solve /alleviate water problem? if so when ?
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, just be aware that tankar water supplied in Baner, in most cases, is from Pashan Lake. This water is no way processed, treated or purified, so be careful before you use this for drinking purpose. There is a racket of tankar mafia's operated by the local guns and nagarsevak.
    If you are purchasing water tanker, make 100% clear that this water is supplied from the PMC water treatment plant and not from places like Pashan lake. Take care.
    CommentQuote
  • then why the rates are so high in Baner....???
    CommentQuote
  • The rates are high in Baner and Balewadi area because simply builders are getting buyers.... few of the buyers are NRI's and few are from Mumbai... and few are IT guys working abroad and have purchased flat for investment and also getting returns from Rent :)
    CommentQuote
  • In most of the new projects, the builder has given a "Water Affidavit" to PMC / PCMC stating that for this project, water supply will be arranged by the builder or society privately, and that they will never ever demand water supply from PMC.

This water affidavit funda was created by PMC because Development Plan states that X litres of water should be available per resident of Pune (120 liters per person per day is the worldwide norm), and PMC cannot approve plans for a project till they can provide for the water.

Since that much water supply for new projects is not simple not available, PMC created this loophole of water affidavit and shrugged off its responsibility. People living in the new society think that tankers are a temporary arrangement, never realising that legally they have to depend on tankers for the rest of their life!

These tankers are mostly owned by the local corporator or politician, making it a guaranteed business.

The scandal of water affidavit was also exposed by the newspaper DNA Pune. The interesting thing is builder makes this affidavit on the behalf of the customers and never tells the customer who books a flat.
    CommentQuote
  • true ... infact its shocking that some areas are on the outskirts of baner ...
    like for eg Peony which quoted 3000 psf. I recently had been to the place and was surprised that it even falls in Baner.

Its bang on the highway ... and if one opens the window... will get to feel as if he is ON one of those :P

there are no proper access roads and the one that is there currently is like a kachcha-road through the hill ... there are no shops, hotel, hospital etc around... and that guy said that all flats in the first buildnig are sold out....
    Infact I even remember reading some thread on Peony ....and people showed gr8 interest in that proj.
    I really wonder how people even go for such projeccts ???
    (Note: I have nothing against peony or its builder ... just took it as an example)
    CommentQuote
  • Actually, flats of PH-1 not sold out. Its builders approach to show virtual demand in the market. this is how ppl are being fooled.

For example - I visited Felicita in Baner 2-3 times & met 2 diff. sale persons. List of available flats were diff. from those 2 sale person. The one which I got later includes more available flats than prev. one.

Take ur decision carefully ....don't be hurry...!!!
    CommentQuote