Collapse

RE is again bullish

Last updated: April 23 2012
181 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : RE is again bullish

One could see more posts discussing socio economic problems in the forum these days rather than discussing about RE. Has something changed ?? or is that nothing much being left now to discuss about in RE . Be it anything but it's really good to get such views sometimes. Few comments are really thought provoking
    Last edited by praveen_maurya; November 4 2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Black Money

I would differ with WISEMAN, IT person or any person who is earning all white money will be considerate in spending his money and their kids must be at max 15-16. For those who earn some part of black money, they will not think about spending it on luxurious thing like RE, Cloths and Perfume.
      If I find the 1000 Rs note on street, I will hit the bar with frnds and enjoy one evening but if I get a bonus of 2000 Rs, I will keep it for gift for my family.
      If you gys remember, dance bars in mumbai were running on this black money and u will hadrly see IT ppl going to these places, most of them were govt babus.

Comment

Guys, believe it or not, I do want to trust you. Thats its the black money, gov, businessman, kids etc. who are spending. In one of the post I already said that RE is moved on from IT guys and Now I am saying that so is the 'Affordibility'. Businessman have earned money which IT guys spent all these years. Now they are much richer than us. And we don't even have our retirement plan ready. But someone has rightly said in this thread that IT salaries are getting saturated but its the spendings which still are a big issue.

IT guys are still thinking about 30L-40L of housing only because IT guys can stretch themselves and think that they still get around 40 to 60% salary in hand after paying EMI.

Think about this a bit. We earn so much that we are still thinking of buying a home at 40L at Bavadhan ( in the end), only because we still have money at hand to spend on other things. Are you making a justice to our hard earned money at all.

I know two your college kids of rich fathers who spend on branded cloths, but the fact is that their purchase and spendig power is limited. They just don't go on shopping spree or movie mania like people around me in IT go. They have limits. Their parents are controlling their outflows. But we are free birds, don't realise that 40" LCD tv and Pulsar (or Nano?) cost same and still get 40" LCD TV. Ignoring 32" or 26" ones. Can kids buy at this rate and such things ? I know kids don't even buy pocorns at E-squre, they say, I woud use this money to top up my vodafone. Think about it guys. And please, don't compare Kids of richest with IT guys only because I started with jeans, parties, the real list is endless and gets costlier to a point that no kid can reach there. Can a kid buy Ritz? But IT guy can even when he could actually settle for a simpler car like Vagon-R, Santro they all are hatchbacks right? but then People can afford Ritz or i20 instead.

I am not saying its IT people fault. But you need to understand that now, that we made other rich in last 10 years. Now these people are richer than us, and they are enjoying the 10 years that IT guys enjoyed last. But IT guys are still spending like they are the richest guys

You still earn good enough money. You are intelligent to earn this good amount. Now be intelligent to spend it. Cut down certain spendings including RE spendings. you will see the difference.

This suggestion is for people who have max 8-9 years of experience in IT. People who have more than those years of experience are already richest !! And probably have Skoda and not Ritz !
        Last edited by Space; November 5 2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with you "Space". See how much above normal autorickshaw wallah's charge in Hinjewadi and Magarpatta. And the fault lies mostly with IT people who had worsened the situation by paying hefty tips and agreeing to their unacceptible demand. Even grocery items are very dearer in these area.

Comment

Be Prepared for the Worst!!!

Scary, but makes sense...

="http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/1116/opinions-great-depression-economy-on-my-mind.html"]http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/1116/opinions-great-depression-economy-on-my-mind.html[/URL]

Comment

BM Vs ITG

Very well said space. Here is a brief comparison between a businessman & IT guys:-

* A businessman (BM) will always think what he is getting out of it in commercial terms, not an IT guy (ITG),

* BM will have VFM on top of his mind, not ITG,

* BM will think how the money spend elsewhere (like ITG does by overstretching) in form of investment where the money can be multiplied,

* BM has 3 goals in mind:- Short, medium & long term, ITG mostly has short term,

* BM will spend after savings & investments, ITG will save after spending,

* BM knows the value of money more than ITG as he gives money to get more money, while ITG only gets,

* BM is more aware about the micro-economic scenario, ITG is more or less knows macro-economic scenario,

* BM can decide the future about money/investments, not ITG. Eg. A BM can purchase a property where the future development is already known to him & not others; hence creating bigger asset/s for himself,

* The BM knows people from various sectors, good & bad (read Mafia + Politicians) which gives him more advantage over ITG whose professional crowd is limited mostly to their own field,

* Last but not the least, in many cases ITG earned more than even their own expectations. I have seen some boys (not men) boasting about how their salaries are fatter than their fathers' despite their father working for more than 25 years! This made them spend more & more. Such is not the situation with BM family, including their kids,

I won't bring in the subject of B-money here as it is subjective & even some of the well known docs/lawyers too have crores in cash.

However, you need to understand that at the end of the day, the risks involved in running a business are far greater than working in IT. You need to manage multiple tasks + various types of people.

At the end of the day, the BM (here RE developers) created a trap & IT guys fell for that. This shows who is more wiser

Comments welcome.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

realacres,
                Dont agree at all. Business man(a doctor is also a business man. Most of doctors are more worried of extracting money from patient rather than taking care of their health.), has typically tons of black money. One of my friend, easily makes 5L+ / month profit and does not pay single rupee as tax at the end of the year. You can find loads of cash in any pocket of his car. Such people easily spend in hotels/clothes, they have no place to keep that money other than to spend lavishly.
                Not the case with IT guy with 100% white money. How do you justify the real example I have given of "Coffee Day" survived in TCS office only for 4-5 months and shut the shop and disappeared
                Last edited by RAJESHP; November 6 2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

well said realacres,
                  - About naming those boys bolstering about their success and comparing with fathers that’s really amazing. I guess u named those thrash as ‘boy’s’ quite honor. Our earlier generation did not have these kinds of opportunities, anyways there is so much can be writte about that but you have labled them correctly.
                  - I am not defending, but we can’t compare BM and ITG as they both have different goal, BM wants to create wealth and ITG just wants to relax after working hard for 10 years and then he wants to live peaceful life by becoming Project manager. which never happens he just runs, he can not stop coz EMI's are for 20 years
                  - I suppose ITG having vitues of BM will not be doing salaried job he would have started his own consulting firm/body shopping .
                  - Regarding RE developer as BM, that’s not by design it’s accident for them as those guys are just doing ‘Chance pe Dance ’. Coz look at the builder community whoever is starting new project they just know how to get bookings and after that they are clueless on execution (Not just construction but managing buyers expectation) and over all image of builder community in society.
                  Other industries manage that better. Look at RIL they pollute envornement so much but nobody questions them, they will build schools and townships.

May be I am diverting but somehow still I don’t get it to compare BM and ITG

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                    Very well said space. Here is a brief comparison between a businessman & IT guys:-

* A businessman (BM) will always think what he is getting out of it in commercial terms, not an IT guy (ITG),

* BM will have VFM on top of his mind, not ITG,

* BM will think how the money spend elsewhere (like ITG does by overstretching) in form of investment where the money can be multiplied,

* BM has 3 goals in mind:- Short, medium & long term, ITG mostly has short term,

* BM will spend after savings & investments, ITG will save after spending,

* BM knows the value of money more than ITG as he gives money to get more money, while ITG only gets,

* BM is more aware about the micro-economic scenario, ITG is more or less knows macro-economic scenario,

* BM can decide the future about money/investments, not ITG. Eg. A BM can purchase a property where the future development is already known to him & not others; hence creating bigger asset/s for himself,

* The BM knows people from various sectors, good & bad (read Mafia + Politicians) which gives him more advantage over ITG whose professional crowd is limited mostly to their own field,

* Last but not the least, in many cases ITG earned more than even their own expectations. I have seen some boys (not men) boasting about how their salaries are fatter than their fathers' despite their father working for more than 25 years! This made them spend more & more. Such is not the situation with BM family, including their kids,

I won't bring in the subject of B-money here as it is subjective & even some of the well known docs/lawyers too have crores in cash.

However, you need to understand that at the end of the day, the risks involved in running a business are far greater than working in IT. You need to manage multiple tasks + various types of people.

At the end of the day, the BM (here RE developers) created a trap & IT guys fell for that. This shows who is more wiser

Comments welcome.
                    Jeez ... live the life of an IT professional before making such stereotypical statements. Seems as if most of the comments come straight from a book written during ***-com boom. And please do not confuse a progression in purchasing power with "IT driven mindless consumerism". IT guys are not "duh", people are "duh". Does not matter which profession they chose.

Comment

Originally posted by rishitiwari View Post
                      Jeez ... live the life of an IT professional before making such stereotypical statements. Seems as if most of the comments come straight from a book written during ***-com boom. And please do not confuse a progression in purchasing power with "IT driven mindless consumerism". IT guys are not "duh", people are "duh". Does not matter which profession they chose.
                      Bang on. Couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X