Hi Friends,

Since most of us (first time buyers) do not understand the vocabulary of builders & agents, it is easy for us to miss important details/facts about the property and makes us easy prey for builders & agents who can cheat us by using confusing RE terminology.

I have put togather a checklist of things to review while buying a new apartment. I found these IREF members discussing about these parameters in various posts. I've compiled this list to help me review for my first dream home - after all we don't want to leave anything for chance, right?:D

Anyways, I understand this list may sound naive and certainly is not comprehensive. Therefore, URGING IREF experts to help make this a more effective tool for us buyers. Thanks in anticipation.:)

PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT
Attachments:
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Corrected the previous thread, seems like we cannot paste tabular contents (from Excel) in the text area. I've attached the file instead.

RealAcres and senior folks, please review the checklist and provide your expert inputs.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Some more points

I am listing some more points here which you may, may not find significant based in your choice, lifestyle.
    Let's keep this thread for checklist purpose only.

1. No of Floor and Floor of Flat.
    2. Terrace - How many, Rate, Attached to hall/bedroom
    3. Dry Terrace
    4. Facilities - Play Area/garden/Jogging Track/Gym
    Club House(Terms of Use)
    Society Formation
    Security
    5. Registration - Total , Carpet , Parking Area mentioned in Agreement
    5. Double Electric Wiring, TV points in Hall, Mater bedroom, Purifier in Kitchen
    6. Common Wash basin.
    7. Common wall between two flats. 1/2/3 side open flat
    8. No of lift or Ratio of no of flats/lift.

It's always better to maintain your own checklist for personal tracking but feel free to add to above points based on your observation and need.

Cheers,
    Kirun
    CommentQuote
  • Also consider if you can have cross ventilation.
    One more thing that I recently noticed is gas pipeline connections if thats a concern.
    CommentQuote
  • Distress sale at Blueridge - Infocians get it for INR 2800 instead of INR 3500 earlie

Distress sale at Blueridge - Infocians get it for INR 2800 instead of INR 3500 earlier – See how much margin builder has even after selling at above price! Buy only if you intend to stay there – it is not for investors with loosing value day by day!

Originally Posted by kirunOnly
    I am listing some more points here which you may, may not find significant based in your choice, lifestyle.
    Let's keep this thread for checklist purpose only.

1. No of Floor and Floor of Flat.
    2. Terrace - How many, Rate, Attached to hall/bedroom
    3. Dry Terrace
    4. Facilities - Play Area/garden/Jogging Track/Gym
    Club House(Terms of Use)
    Society Formation
    Security
    5. Registration - Total , Carpet , Parking Area mentioned in Agreement
    5. Double Electric Wiring, TV points in Hall, Mater bedroom, Purifier in Kitchen
    6. Common Wash basin.
    7. Common wall between two flats. 1/2/3 side open flat
    8. No of lift or Ratio of no of flats/lift.

It's always better to maintain your own checklist for personal tracking but feel free to add to above points based on your observation and need.

Cheers,
    Kirun
    CommentQuote
  • Buying at distant location vs buying at location close to city; which one should first time buyer go for it?

In my opinion, first time purchase (even if it cost a lil more) should be at closer to city location with proper infrastructure.

For investment (second house), it is ok to buy at distant location.

Please correct or add something

Jitu Sir, your opinion will be appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prash_9
    Distress sale at Blueridge - Infocians get it for INR 2800 instead of INR 3500 earlier – See how much margin builder has even after selling at above price! Buy only if you intend to stay there – it is not for investors with loosing value day by day!

Purchasing an apartment sold in distress is not good omen
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I need advise that how anyone can make sure that the apartment (under construction) which one is buying is not double sold by the broker or builder to anyone else. How one can double check on the deal ?

Thanks !
    CommentQuote
  • Another imp item could be - Whether or not any house wall is shared with apt lift?

Not sure but I am assiming that it may produce unnecessary noise. Great if experts can guide on this parameter.
    CommentQuote
  • The problem is -- there is NO way to check the commitment of the builders of today for these criterias including the plans of the PMC/PCMC. Either BUY a resale with a co-op society already formed or just sit tight UNTIL the regulatory environment comes into picture.
    CommentQuote