Which area is good to buy flat in Pune

Last updated: September 7 2016
23 | Posts
10981 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which area is good to buy flat in Pune

I am planning to buy a flat in Pune for residential purpose. Please let me know which area/locality is good on the basis of criteria like safety, proximity of school/hospital/doctor/shopping centre/place of work, affordability etc.

Re : Which area is good to buy flat in Pune

Originally posted by shanku011 View Post
    I am planning to buy a flat in Pune for residential purpose. Please let me know which area/locality is good on the basis of criteria like safety, proximity of school/hospital/doctor/shopping centre/place of work, affordability etc.
    None in my personal opinion, considering all above requirements + affordability.

If I am working at Magarpatta then Sanjeevani Hospital lane, Hadapsar may be good if I can get at #2000 psf in decent/basic new project. Can pay 20L max for a 2 BHK of 900 sqf.
    Last edited by hitmady; November 5 2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Boat Club, Koregaon Park, Kalyani Nagar, Salisbury Park, Lulla Nagar, Kothrud - but then affordability is concern. May be can think of Kondhwa, Katraj, Bibwewadi stretch. They are comparatively closer to city center of Camp - MG Road and mid-way between Magarpatta and Hinjewadi (from IT perspective).

Comment

Originally posted by rvmurtaza View Post
        Boat Club, Koregaon Park, Kalyani Nagar, Salisbury Park, Lulla Nagar, Kothrud - but then affordability is concern. May be can think of Kondhwa, Katraj, Bibwewadi stretch. They are comparatively closer to city center of Camp - MG Road and mid-way between Magarpatta and Hinjewadi (from IT perspective).
        May be Katraj only as Kondhwa, Bibwewadi would not come in affordable range.
        In that case why not live on rent (without worrying about EMI), in areas which are nearer to work-place.
        Last edited by hitmady; November 5 2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

flat

You should decide the location which is convenient for you and your family. Connectivity should be good to all the places.

Originally posted by shanku011 View Post

Comment

budget bolo?

Comment

Thanks for responding! What about Pimple Saudagar? I guess lot of new developments are going on there.

Comment

Pimple Saudagar is relatively new area (no one knew few years back about it)

But there are lot of construction takin place in it and future is unpredictable.

I don't think there is any school (of general standard) in that area (even in Aundh or Baner) except DPS and some international schools (where there are white teachers and lakhs of fees ).

Othewise you've government or gramin panchayat Marathi schools which I believe would not be tempting for people living in 50 lakh apartments

Another problem is public transport - I don't think Auto Rickshaws use meter there; they will be charging anything (might ask 500 Rs to take u to Hinjewadi ).

Hospital - Aditya Birla and Aundh Chest hospital...Dentist?Eye Spet? No idea.

Malls, any good shopping centers, music/video shops, cinema theaters...Still not close by (but future is *unpredictable*).

Is there a temple/mosque/Gurudwara/Church near by? I don't know! can someone from PS enlighten me if there are these?

Its *developing area* unlike *developed area* like Boat Club Road or Koregao Park or Kothrud. It is still *secluded* area.

I think it comes under PCMC; so pros and cons of PCMC (again I heard PCMC is better).

Finally, it all depends on your BUDGET.(Gone are heavenly days where money did not matter) If you've 10 million Rupees; go for boat club road/Koregaon park...If you have around 60-70 lakhs go for Lullanagar, 40-50 Lakhs go to Kondhwa/NIBM road...30-40Lakhs Baner/Balewadi and 20-30 lakhs Pimple Saudagar/Wakad ....If I had such money I would've gone to these areas which I feel are 'good'

Correct me guys if I am wrong or missed anything.

Comment

Originally posted by puser View Post
                  Pimple Saudagar is relatively new area (no one knew few years back about it)

But there are lot of construction takin place in it and future is unpredictable.

I don't think there is any school (of general standard) in that area (even in Aundh or Baner) except DPS and some international schools (where there are white teachers and lakhs of fees ).

Othewise you've government or gramin panchayat Marathi schools which I believe would not be tempting for people living in 50 lakh apartments

Another problem is public transport - I don't think Auto Rickshaws use meter there; they will be charging anything (might ask 500 Rs to take u to Hinjewadi ).

Hospital - Aditya Birla and Aundh Chest hospital...Dentist?Eye Spet? No idea.

Malls, any good shopping centers, music/video shops, cinema theaters...Still not close by (but future is *unpredictable*).

Is there a temple/mosque/Gurudwara/Church near by? I don't know! can someone from PS enlighten me if there are these?

Its *developing area* unlike *developed area* like Boat Club Road or Koregao Park or Kothrud. It is still *secluded* area.

I think it comes under PCMC; so pros and cons of PCMC (again I heard PCMC is better).

Finally, it all depends on your BUDGET.(Gone are heavenly days where money did not matter) If you've 10 million Rupees; go for boat club road/Koregaon park...If you have around 60-70 lakhs go for Lullanagar, 40-50 Lakhs go to Kondhwa/NIBM road...30-40Lakhs Baner/Balewadi and 20-30 lakhs Pimple Saudagar/Wakad ....If I had such money I would've gone to these areas which I feel are 'good'

Correct me guys if I am wrong or missed anything.
                  puse - your analysys on budget and location seems to be reasonable...just one question though is this true that they dont have standard schools even in Aundh/Baner area??
                  Also 30-40 Lakhs for Baner/balewadi is also dream budget for the area...one may get only 1-2 bedroom flat in that budget

Comment

I will be grateful if anyone tell me Bishop/St Vincents/Loyola/Mt Carmel/St. Marys/Sardar Dastoor type of school in Aundh?

My colleagues live in Aundh and they have hard time finding near by school (DPS charges a lot - even out of scope of 10 yr IT guy and international schools are no beyond imagination).

Aundh has developed very fast and so is Baner surrounding...and I don't know any school (reputed in Pune academia) in these areas

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X