I am planning to buy a flat in Pune for residential purpose. Please let me know which area/locality is good on the basis of criteria like safety, proximity of school/hospital/doctor/shopping centre/place of work, affordability etc.
Read more
Reply
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by shanku011
    I am planning to buy a flat in Pune for residential purpose. Please let me know which area/locality is good on the basis of criteria like safety, proximity of school/hospital/doctor/shopping centre/place of work, affordability etc.


    None in my personal opinion, considering all above requirements + affordability.

    If I am working at Magarpatta then Sanjeevani Hospital lane, Hadapsar may be good if I can get at #2000 psf in decent/basic new project. Can pay 20L max for a 2 BHK of 900 sqf.
    CommentQuote
  • Boat Club, Koregaon Park, Kalyani Nagar, Salisbury Park, Lulla Nagar, Kothrud - but then affordability is concern. May be can think of Kondhwa, Katraj, Bibwewadi stretch. They are comparatively closer to city center of Camp - MG Road and mid-way between Magarpatta and Hinjewadi (from IT perspective).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rvmurtaza
    Boat Club, Koregaon Park, Kalyani Nagar, Salisbury Park, Lulla Nagar, Kothrud - but then affordability is concern. May be can think of Kondhwa, Katraj, Bibwewadi stretch. They are comparatively closer to city center of Camp - MG Road and mid-way between Magarpatta and Hinjewadi (from IT perspective).


    May be Katraj only as Kondhwa, Bibwewadi would not come in affordable range.
    In that case why not live on rent (without worrying about EMI), in areas which are nearer to work-place.
    CommentQuote
  • flat

    You should decide the location which is convenient for you and your family. Connectivity should be good to all the places.

    Originally Posted by shanku011
    I am planning to buy a flat in Pune for residential purpose. Please let me know which area/locality is good on the basis of criteria like safety, proximity of school/hospital/doctor/shopping centre/place of work, affordability etc.
    CommentQuote
  • budget bolo?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for responding! What about Pimple Saudagar? I guess lot of new developments are going on there.
    CommentQuote
  • Pimple Saudagar is relatively new area (no one knew few years back about it)

    But there are lot of construction takin place in it and future is unpredictable.

    I don't think there is any school (of general standard) in that area (even in Aundh or Baner) except DPS and some international schools (where there are white teachers and lakhs of fees :D).

    Othewise you've government or gramin panchayat Marathi schools which I believe would not be tempting for people living in 50 lakh apartments :)

    Another problem is public transport - I don't think Auto Rickshaws use meter there; they will be charging anything (might ask 500 Rs to take u to Hinjewadi :D).

    Hospital - Aditya Birla and Aundh Chest hospital...Dentist?Eye Spet? No idea.

    Malls, any good shopping centers, music/video shops, cinema theaters...Still not close by (but future is *unpredictable*).

    Is there a temple/mosque/Gurudwara/Church near by? I don't know! can someone from PS enlighten me if there are these?

    Its *developing area* unlike *developed area* like Boat Club Road or Koregao Park or Kothrud. It is still *secluded* area.

    I think it comes under PCMC; so pros and cons of PCMC (again I heard PCMC is better).



    Finally, it all depends on your BUDGET.(Gone are heavenly days where money did not matter:D) If you've 10 million Rupees; go for boat club road/Koregaon park...If you have around 60-70 lakhs go for Lullanagar, 40-50 Lakhs go to Kondhwa/NIBM road...30-40Lakhs Baner/Balewadi and 20-30 lakhs Pimple Saudagar/Wakad ....If I had such money I would've gone to these areas which I feel are 'good'

    Correct me guys if I am wrong or missed anything.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    Pimple Saudagar is relatively new area (no one knew few years back about it)

    But there are lot of construction takin place in it and future is unpredictable.

    I don't think there is any school (of general standard) in that area (even in Aundh or Baner) except DPS and some international schools (where there are white teachers and lakhs of fees :D).

    Othewise you've government or gramin panchayat Marathi schools which I believe would not be tempting for people living in 50 lakh apartments :)

    Another problem is public transport - I don't think Auto Rickshaws use meter there; they will be charging anything (might ask 500 Rs to take u to Hinjewadi :D).

    Hospital - Aditya Birla and Aundh Chest hospital...Dentist?Eye Spet? No idea.

    Malls, any good shopping centers, music/video shops, cinema theaters...Still not close by (but future is *unpredictable*).

    Is there a temple/mosque/Gurudwara/Church near by? I don't know! can someone from PS enlighten me if there are these?

    Its *developing area* unlike *developed area* like Boat Club Road or Koregao Park or Kothrud. It is still *secluded* area.

    I think it comes under PCMC; so pros and cons of PCMC (again I heard PCMC is better).



    Finally, it all depends on your BUDGET.(Gone are heavenly days where money did not matter:D) If you've 10 million Rupees; go for boat club road/Koregaon park...If you have around 60-70 lakhs go for Lullanagar, 40-50 Lakhs go to Kondhwa/NIBM road...30-40Lakhs Baner/Balewadi and 20-30 lakhs Pimple Saudagar/Wakad ....If I had such money I would've gone to these areas which I feel are 'good'

    Correct me guys if I am wrong or missed anything.

    puse - your analysys on budget and location seems to be reasonable...just one question though is this true that they dont have standard schools even in Aundh/Baner area??
    Also 30-40 Lakhs for Baner/balewadi is also dream budget for the area:)...one may get only 1-2 bedroom flat in that budget
    CommentQuote
  • I will be grateful if anyone tell me Bishop/St Vincents/Loyola/Mt Carmel/St. Marys/Sardar Dastoor type of school in Aundh?

    My colleagues live in Aundh and they have hard time finding near by school (DPS charges a lot - even out of scope of 10 yr IT guy and international schools are no beyond imagination).

    Aundh has developed very fast and so is Baner surrounding...and I don't know any school (reputed in Pune academia) in these areas :D
    CommentQuote
  • hmmm........
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    I will be grateful if anyone tell me Bishop/St Vincents/Loyola/Mt Carmel/St. Marys/Sardar Dastoor type of school in Aundh?

    Buy a flat at Bavdhan or Pashan as that area is not very expensive & put the kid in Loyola. You save money on flat & get good school too;).
    1 arrow, 2 hunted:D (sorry for poor translation)

    Btw, I appreciate you area analysis above:). Good to see that people are indeed thinking on future lines.
    CommentQuote
  • Where?

    I am also in hunt of buying a piece of flat but I am not getting an idea where to go...
    Reason: I am working in Chakan and I am also looking for Good schools near by for my kid. Please suggest which area fits for me. My budget is around 25 lacs :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Buy a flat at Bavdhan or Pashan as that area is not very expensive & put the kid in Loyola. You save money on flat & get good school too;).
    1 arrow, 2 hunted:D (sorry for poor translation)
    .


    Is there Loyala in pashan?

    In my opinion; there should be at least 4 good schools in the perimeter of 5-6 kms; because getting admissions in the schools for your kids is more tougher than repaying home loan ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser


    My colleagues live in Aundh and they have hard time finding near by school (DPS charges a lot - even out of scope of 10 yr IT guy and international schools are no beyond imagination).


    Even 10 yr IT guy can not afford DPS like school...& I was thinking that IT ppls are earning like anything (pun intended) :D:D:D

    I have seen here on ppls criticizing IT ppls has loads of money & they spends like any & here is the true life experience, that even they can not afford even a good school for their children & do u know whose children studying in these ultra expensive schools???? Of course Businessman's & govt babus sons & daughter who has loads of BALCK MONEY.....
    CommentQuote
  • It depends on your convenience. Go for an area which will be nearby to your workplace. And it also depends on your needs and budget, because every area has its ownrange of flats. Moreover, you can go for areas like Hinjewadi, Viman Nagar and NIBM. These areas are gaining a lot of attention lately lately.
    CommentQuote