Nandan Inspera in Wakad , Pune

Last updated: February 20 2016
59 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Nandan Inspera in Wakad , Pune

Carpet Area calculation not matching

I visited the Nandan Inspera sit and liked the scheme.
    When I check the plans they were quoting a saleable area of 1097 sq ft.
    Carpet area quoted was 793 sq ft.
    When I tried to calculate the carpet area using the floor plan, I could sum it up to 760 sq ft.
    When I checked with the sales ppl to guide me about how they arrive at 793 sq ft, they said they will provide the information.
    Once I told them that I will be able to proceed only once they explain me their calculation, they started saying that they would need drawings from the architect etc.
    It is more than 1 week and I am still waiting.
    I am not sure why they are not able to explain the calculation of 793 sq ft as carpet area (atleast to a nearby number).
    Is the complimentary area being offered really free of cost?
    This is just to understand if I am missing any piece.

Comment

Originally posted by h1pnq View Post
      I am not sure why they are not able to explain the calculation of 793 sq ft as carpet area (atleast to a nearby number).
      Builders' business-model is based on the thinking that, they're SMARTER than buyers.
      Now by asking question (being SMARTER than builders), you're telling them to change way of business
      How could they revert back you?
      Last edited by hitmady; May 2 2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Yes, you are right.

You can make a smarter person, believe that you are smarter than him.

You cannot make a idiotic person (read: some builders) believe that you are smarter than him/them. But you can certainly make them believe that you are more idiotic than them.

Originally posted by hitmady View Post
        Builders' business-model is based on the thinking that, they're SMARTER than buyers.
        Now by asking question (being SMARTER than builders), you're telling them to change way of business
        How could they revert back you?

Comment

i liked Nandan Inspera though price is bit higher , i liked the construction quality and booked the flat

Comment

Originally posted by sachinchakote View Post
            i liked Nandan Inspera though price is bit higher , i liked the construction quality and booked the flat
            How did you gauge the construction quality when the construction is still in progress? Did you conclude about the quality from the sample flat?

Comment

Originally posted by sachinchakote View Post
              I smell a fish.

Comment

Originally posted by h1pnq View Post
                I visited the Nandan Inspera sit and liked the scheme.
                When I check the plans they were quoting a saleable area of 1097 sq ft.
                Carpet area quoted was 793 sq ft.
                When I tried to calculate the carpet area using the floor plan, I could sum it up to 760 sq ft.
                When I checked with the sales ppl to guide me about how they arrive at 793 sq ft, they said they will provide the information.
                Once I told them that I will be able to proceed only once they explain me their calculation, they started saying that they would need drawings from the architect etc.
                Is the complimentary area being offered really free of cost?
                I had same problem when I got my first property years back. If you are looking at a plan and try to add up all areas it will be surely short by typically 25-35 feet.
                This is because you did not calculate for door-jambs, and passages, elevational projections, ( like the wardrobe nooks) etc. You must ask them for an architects breakup of the area.
                Generally a builder will not cheat you on carpet area but will get you on further calculation(loading) like carpet to built up, parking, MSEB, Society charges, etc etc.

Comment

Carpet area is really not a simple thing to calculate by the selling plan. You will need the autocad soft copy and someone professional operating it. For an architect, finding carpet area from autocad file is a matter of minutes, and its most often surprising to end user!

Comment

Hello Sachin,

Can you please tell what rate you booked at Inspera ? I am also intrested and looking for the price details , presently they are asking for 3500 till 5th floor , 3700 p.s.f for 6-8 th floor . Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
                    Ritesh

Comment

Why is carpet area difficult to calculate? Buy a tape from local hardware store and measure.

What you calculate is what you gonna get to use daily. Forget about fancy formulas. Are you gonna use the extra 1 inch under plastering? are you gonna use the 3 inch area under the door? No.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X