I am planning to buy a 2 BHK flat for around 45L budget in east of Pune. My preference is a decent society in areas around EON and Nagar road. After searching for 3 to 4 months, I finalized two projects -

1. Belvalkar Solacia
-
Advantages -
1. Comparatively reputed builder, already has given possessions for few buildings.
2. Cheaper and hence bigger flats. Rate quoted is 3350-3450 psf. Around 1100 sqft flat costs 44L which is now an impossible rate in almost all parts of Pune except possibly Undri.
3. Potentially good returns as I think its easier to go from 3400 to 4400 psf than from 4400 to 5400 psf.

Disadvantages -
1. Potential problem with environmental clearance. Talked to builder and he said most societies don't get it until all amenities are complete which is not possible until buildings are complete. So, they will be getting it soon and I don't need to worry. Not satisfied yet. Is it a show stopper?
2. The busy highway without streetlights after Kharadi Jakat Naka.
3. Water problem which is OK with me as I will have it in Keshavnagar too.

Shree Aarambh-
Advantages -
1. Location is much better than Wagholi. No need to explain this point I guess, everyone should agree :).
2. Flat is nearly as spacious and airy as Belvalkar Solacia. Loading is 25%

Disadvantages -
1. First construction of the builder. These people looked honest though and construction quality looked good to my unexperienced eyes. Still can't make decision to spend around 48L on just belief. I will be spending next decade repaying the loan and I want at least a good quality flat for sure.
2. Single building, no amenities.
3. Costlier than Solacia. The have only 1014 sqft flats which costs to 48.89L (4100 psf) as per cost sheet. Not sure how much they will negotiate. So, little outside of my budget.

I am more inclined towards Solacia just because it feels safer option of the two. As I said before I am not looking to risk anything for this decision.

So, can any of you guys throw some light/ note some unnoticed aspects of this analysis?
Is what Belvalkar saying for EC true for most of the projects? How can a builder give possession to some phase/buildings even when he doesn't have EC for project yet?
Has anyone here booked a flat in Shree Aarambh?

I will be really grateful for any help. I want to finalize one of these two as early as possible.

Thanks.
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :