What key points to be looked for vastu.

- must haves
- must no - no

although i agree that vastu is more a personal choice and beilief.
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by hporwal

- must haves
    - must no - no

]http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/pune/t-need-inputs-vastu-shashtra-in-case-of-flat-system-6194.html/?highlight=vastu
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hporwal

- must haves
    - must no - no

if u give priority to light, ventilation and natural effects in living then you should opt for vastu shastra. if ur priorities r garden facing, mountain facing, road facing etc etc then u may have to compromise on vastu.

sam...
    CommentQuote
  • sam2008 -
    "if u give priority to light, ventilation and natural effects in living then you should opt for vastu shastra. if ur priorities r garden facing, mountain facing, road facing etc etc then u may have to compromise on vastu."

Sorry, that is incorrect. In many aspects, Vaastu is common-sense. In other aspects, it is superstition. Aligning a house and its constituent rooms in certain directions definitely makes sense if you want to maximize the amount of sunlight in particular rooms. Again, certain rules focused on maximizing ventilation makes sense.

However, following a rule like the house entrance should face a certain direction is only based on superstition, not logic or common sense. I've seen people do stupid things like forcing people to enter through a narrow side-entrance, especially in bungalows, just to be vaastu compliant. This is worse in the south, where people will not touch a house that is not vaastu-compliant to the n-th degree (n being the degree of superstition of said individual).

By the way, on the flip side, just because someone cares for a mountain view or a park view does not mean that they do NOT care for other things like light or ventilation. You will also not probably buy a house if it is 100% vaastu compliant even if the house and locality is otherwise a dump. To put it another way, if you only trust age-old Ayurvedic medicines to cure your stomach ache, so be it. However, that does not mean that modern medicine is any less capable of handling the ailment.
    CommentQuote
  • Please note that I do not intend to hurt anyone's feelings or sound insulting in the least in my previous post. Even if unintentionally so, I apologize in advance. This can be a touchy subject at best.

I only replied strongly because I thought that the previous post was excessively harsh on people who don't believe in vaastu. I wanted to give a reply in the same tone to illustrate that it can sound harsh the other way round as well. As I said, I very much believe in many aspects of VS, but also don't believe those that don't make sense to me. However, I do respect others who do. After all, this is a personal thing, and should not be a matter of judgment.
    CommentQuote
  • Vastushastra is Science, not superstitious

Originally Posted by asliarun
    Sorry, that is incorrect. In many aspects, Vaastu is common-sense. In other aspects, it is superstition. This is worse in the south, where people will not touch a house that is not vaastu-compliant to the n-th degree (n being the degree of superstition of said individual).

I strongly disagree with you. I am banging my head for last 2 years to learn this & I have personally experienced change & can show you atleast 15 others who have said the same to me.

No direction in Vastu-shastra is bad, including South, nor is it superstitious.

As the name suggests, Vastushastra is Vastu (place of dwelling) + Shastra (science). Aligning your head in south-north direction while sleeping is not superstituous but the earth's magnetic field is from North-South pole (hope this is not superstitious) & our blood consists hameoglobin which is impacted by magnetic field. Sleeping with our head at South & leg towards North (& yes make sure your head is not under any beam) gives good blood circulation due to this. Try this & let me know the change.
    To put it another way, if you only trust age-old Ayurvedic medicines to cure your stomach ache, so be it. However, that does not mean that modern medicine is any less capable of handling the ailment.

You mean to say that Ayurveda is hopeless? My friend had migrane prob for over 4 years & consluted the best docs in city. He did not get cured but rather developed side-effects due to the so called modern medicines. Ayurveda doc solved it in 6 months flat without any side-effects.
    CommentQuote
  • Realacres, I have an open mind and will definitely try out some of the suggestions you have given (mean it sincerely). I am also not saying that Ayurveda is bad.

As mentioned in my earlier post, we have a modern system of medicine and diagnosis which is based on documented science. Ayurveda is also based on scientific principles.. but is not very well documented and nor are there enough regulatory bodies to enforce the safety and adequate testing of Ayurvedic drugs. That's all. This doesn't make Ayurveda (or VS) "bad" in any way. In fact, it is a pity that Ayurveda and other sciences are not studied more systematically. However, the FACTS as they stand today, Ayurveda is not as systematic as reliable as modern medicine.

This is also why you see many people end up relying on Ayurveda as a secondary or fall-back option - not because it is hopeless but simply because it is relatively more iffy than modern medicine.

Anyway, back to the point. I will reiterate that I do NOT find VS superstitious. I think that a LOT of it makes common sense and more importantly, gives ignorant people like us a good set of thumb rules to buy or build a house. However, PEOPLE make VS superstitious by blindly following it to the n-th degree and that too with half-baked knowledge. I have seen people do stupid stuff like measure rooms toe-to-toe. It is a bit like religion. We can follow it blindly or can follow it intelligently.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asliarun
    Ayurveda is also based on scientific principles.. but is not very well documented and nor are there enough regulatory bodies to enforce the safety and adequate testing of Ayurvedic drugs. That's all. We can follow it blindly or can follow it intelligently.

Point well taken.
    CommentQuote
  • Ayurveda is not very well documented???
    ...what r u saying boss...4 year of degree course and also many PG course is offered for Ayurveda..still u r saying that...

In that way I can say documentation is still going on for many Alopethic medicines also....as still research is going on against many deasies
    CommentQuote
  • Hi there, Gentle People!

Hello,my name is andy! i come from Los Angeles!After reading your this forum, I thought your forum is great! I am very like your forum and I am very interested in the field of this forum thread. I hope also wrote some thread in this forum, if you have time, welcome to make friends Whit me, I am very appreciated that you can share your idea with me. Acturally, I am still a student, and I am bury myself in health study. This forum is very useful for me .I just bookmarked it! i love life and people and drugs and music! surely we'll have something in common.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    I strongly disagree with you. I am banging my head for last 2 years to learn this & I have personally experienced change & can show you atleast 15 others who have said the same to me.

No direction in Vastu-shastra is bad, including South, nor is it superstitious.

As the name suggests, Vastushastra is Vastu (place of dwelling) + Shastra (science). Aligning your head in south-north direction while sleeping is not superstituous but the earth's magnetic field is from North-South pole (hope this is not superstitious) & our blood consists hameoglobin which is impacted by magnetic field. Sleeping with our head at South & leg towards North (& yes make sure your head is not under any beam) gives good blood circulation due to this. Try this & let me know the change.

You mean to say that Ayurveda is hopeless? My friend had migrane prob for over 4 years & consluted the best docs in city. He did not get cured but rather developed side-effects due to the so called modern medicines. Ayurveda doc solved it in 6 months flat without any side-effects.

I wanted to believe, but I couldn't. I still want to, but I haven't yet found a good enough reason to.

1. There are simply too many out there wanting to profit from your desire to be Vastu oriented.

2. To be compliant is too subjective, and there are several hackneyed ways to become compliant. I find that very disturbing. Ask a question too many, and you'll be considered as one of those who doubts. What's wrong in having a few doubts?! :D

3. Whether it is a science or not is debatable, and there is much already being written about it that you'll find quite laughable. I did my research first, spoke to those who are pro and to those who are ambivalent. Just do a little bit of googling and you'll find a lot on this subject, written by both believers and non-believers.

4. An apartment block simply cannot be 100% vastu compliant. The basics that real mentions are common sense, and are generally applied by most who buy apartments. Who in their right mind wouldn't want light and ventilation?

I'm as confused as I first was when I encountered it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by razer

1. There are simply too many out there wanting to profit from your desire to be Vastu oriented.

That's the sole reason I learnt myself & still learning. I feel these type of sciences should not be charged, for the betterment of mankind.

2. To be compliant is too subjective, and there are several hackneyed ways to become compliant. I find that very disturbing. Ask a question too many, and you'll be considered as one of those who doubts. What's wrong in having a few doubts?! :D

70%+ vastu positive flat is indeed good. You simply can't have 100% vastu +ve flat, for that you need to build on your own after buying a land. But 70%+ is better than 10%, isn't it.

3. Whether it is a science or not is debatable, and there is much already being written about it that you'll find quite laughable. I did my research first, spoke to those who are pro and to those who are ambivalent. Just do a little bit of googling and you'll find a lot on this subject, written by both believers and non-believers.

Man, it is vastushastra, shastra = science. All's in the name man.

I'm as confused as I first was when I encountered it.

Put your doubts here, maybe we can help in getting rid of those:).
    CommentQuote