Last updated: December 11 2009
9 | Posts
894 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Fancy Amenities .. Good or Bad

Hi Guys,
    I have seen couple of projects in Pune & PCMC area. I have one very basic question
    "Should I go with the project with all sort of fancy amenities like landscape garden, swimming pool, temple, 2 lifts per bldg, tennis court etc etc Or should I look for a plain simple project with basec needs?

Good - good for self relaxation, family, childern in future, overall lifystyle

Bad
    - but in future if society continue maintaining all these things, monthly charges will boom up?? Is it so? Also builder per sqft rates increases as available space & amenities increases??

Please tell me your opinion..
    Does these amenties really get maintained after 3-4 yrs? generlly how much is monthly maintainace charge?

Re : All Fancy Amenities .. Good or Bad

Originally posted by AH_Buyer View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have seen couple of projects in Pune & PCMC area. I have one very basic question
    "Should I go with the project with all sort of fancy amenities like landscape garden, swimming pool, temple, 2 lifts per bldg, tennis court etc etc Or should I look for a plain simple project with basec needs?

Good - good for self relaxation, family, childern in future, overall lifystyle

Bad
    - but in future if society continue maintaining all these things, monthly charges will boom up?? Is it so? Also builder per sqft rates increases as available space & amenities increases??

Please tell me your opinion..
    Does these amenties really get maintained after 3-4 yrs? generlly how much is monthly maintainace charge?
    1)I think swimming pool and tennis court are the only fancy things that I can see as raise the cost.
    2)But for 11 store building 2 lift is neccessity as 1 lift can be frustating many times. Infact I have doubt that if anyone should purchase top floors of high rise buildings in Pune. Due to the Powercuts and issue many times proper backups are not available.
    Now they r cming up with some model that will provide 24 hours power supply.
    But still I am doubtful

3)And other like garden,temple are not going to increase cost but good for relaxation that I can think.

Comment

I'm in the BAD camp. Try as you might, you will either end up not using the facilities or they will become decrepit in 3-4 years. Best to join a club nearby instead of having all those facilities inside your own compound.

Comment

2 lifts/building is fancy amenity? Infact there should be 3, 2 lifts+1 service & stretcher lift which is wheelchair friendly.

I agree with you that maintenance shoots up post society formation but then the ambience which you get due to this is really wonderful. When you come home, your tabiyat should be khush. This is the premium you pay for the same.

Swiming pool:- I like it but don't use due to hygiene issues as it is open for all. But it really enhances the beauty & so in a way it is good. The water is used for watering the lawns & garden & so there is no wastage of water either.

Garden,temple etc.:- Is a must else it feels staying in concrete society with no open spaces nor do you get the feel of complex but rather many stand alone buildings stuck together. The cost of maintence is very less.

All in all, as the builders now focus on affordable housing, this amenities will be again for premium projects only as it was before boom period. And yes, the amenities' maintenance is based on the people residing there. Some amenities vanish in 3 years while there are many which are kept in excellent condition. If you look at The Woods at Wakad, though it is 3 year+ old society, the upkeep is very good.

So, if you want amenities, you need to pay more after possession too. Think about the same before you buy but if you can afford it, you should go for it. Why do you think people prefer magarpatta despite poor construction quality in older projects? It's the amenities.

Just one more point:- Garbage chute & piped gas. It is really, really useful day in & day out. Better to have this on priority list.
        Last edited by realacres; December 11 2009, 01:47 PM. Reason: added point
        If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Solar water heating is another good amenity it will definitle save some cost.....
          By the way, anybody has any idea is it is ok to use gas pipeline with gas Guiser?

Comment

Pools are nothing but a fancy gimmick and I have rarely seen society pools well maintained.

Landscaped gardens should be ok and their maintenace is not very expensive.

Tennis courts are again expensive to repair and maintain.

Society gyms usually have broken equipment and these fyms usually die a slow death.

Elevators atleast 2 if more than 20-25 flats are present.

Gas geysers are relatively safe and quite inexpensive compared to electric geysers.

Good garbage collection and disposal, water supply, security, Electric back up for elevators and common areas are the most important thinsg IMHO.
            Last edited by mannusingh; December 11 2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I think it is a personal choice. I prefer some garden space (well maintained ofcourse) and if possible a temple (as it will make life easier as on some special days, one doesn't have to go out, a bit lazy of me, but wh not ). Swimming pool sure looks attractive. But I would rather avoid it because of hygiene issuew and the risk with the kids. I have heard of a some kids drowning in society swimming pool. Power back up and two lifts for builidngs higher than 7 storeys should actually be a necessity rather than a luxury. And one of the lifts should surely be stretcher lift. Imagin a situation when a family stays on the 11/12th floor and there is a medical emergency. You can't afford to climb down the stairs and a stretcher lift will be quite handy. Ofcourse, power backup to take care of certain situations when there is load shedding...

Tennis court, basketball courts, amphitheatre - Could be useful... But never fall for amenities like, chess room, cards room, carrom room etc . These are simply useless marketing gimmicks and filler items.

Maintenace surely will be a recurring expenditure and would typically be in the range of 1.5-2 Rs psf. So, after the initial honeymoon period (usually a couple of years), the recurring cost will vary generally from Rs 2000/- to Rs 3500/- (depending upon the flat sizes).

The sad part is builders charge a bomb in the name of these amenities and hence makes the whole proposition valueless.

Comment

Guys, Thanks for all your valuable inputs. I certainly agree with those but if the scheme is good having lot of open space, distant bet 2 bldgs then it generally comes with all these amenities. When I checked out scheme with only necessary amenities then there no much of open space and buildings are very close by, no place for leisure walks as u faced highway after building gate In short I am not able to decide on what to do?

Comment

AH_Buyer

If you are getting an apartment with not much amenities and reasonable price which fits into your budget, then no harm in going for it... But please make sure that the cost of the aptmt is significantly lesser then the one with amenities. You will miss out on some of these benefits (especially if you have a housewife and kids), but the corresponding savings will allow you to spend money on quality entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by kothrud_pune View Post
                    Solar water heating is another good amenity it will definitle save some cost.....
                    By the way, anybody has any idea is it is ok to use gas pipeline with gas Guiser?
                    Hey, never thought on this line before. However, all the projects providing piped gas usually also come with solar water heater. The only thing one needs to check is that the solar water is for individual lines like flats 101,201,....1101 will have separate line & so will 102,202,1102 etc. This way even if someone uses it in large scale, the entire building doesn't get affected & it also becomes easy to find who this chap is.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X