Hi All,

This is my first post in IREF. I have just started searching for a decent 2 BHK apartment for my own living. But it seems that for a middle class person, it is becoming really hard to get one of the basic necessities of human being i.e. a HOME in a city like Pune.

I started few weeks back about enquiring about the property prices in west Pune and came to know that nothing is fitting in my budget (approx 55 lakhs) except Wakad area. I would like to purchase a ready-to-move-in property and also can wait for some time (<1 year) if the property is really good.

So friends, request you to kindly guide me which are the good properties where i can find my home as i see lot of experienced and knowledgable members in this forum. I need some guidance from all of you.

Thanks in advance!
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yes my friend, prices allover pune are on higher side, if you are looking in wakad there are 2 good projects starwoods and 9avenues, starwoods is opposite indira college which is great connectivity to mumbai and hinjewadi. and another is 9avenues which is on dattamandir road.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi PuneGuide,

Thanks for your input. I have visited Starwoods but didnt like the floor plan. The other one you suggested i.e. 9 Avenues is single building without any amenities.

I am looking for a society where I can have some amenities like garden, children's play area, club house. I think some amenities are required for a good living which a single building doesn't provide.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi mmjaiswal,

You may want to check out Kalpataru Splendour (behind datta mandir). AFAIK, booking is on for buildings to be handed over next year.

Originally Posted by mmjaiswal
    Hi PuneGuide,

Thanks for your input. I have visited Starwoods but didnt like the floor plan. The other one you suggested i.e. 9 Avenues is single building without any amenities.

I am looking for a society where I can have some amenities like garden, children's play area, club house. I think some amenities are required for a good living which a single building doesn't provide.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, you can also check Olive Orchard and iVana.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Greyhawk & Sig1234,

Thanks for your inputs. iVana is quoting 70+ lakhs for a 2 BHK including everything which is out of my budget. The same with Kalptaru Splendour which is also quoted as 70+ lakhs though the builder is very reputed one.

I have checked Olive Orchard but they have very small living area (11'X16.5') and no dining space (sad)...Also, the kitchen is very small too..though it was falling in my budget, the layout was not to be compromised.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest me some property which is worth living even after paying 55-60 lakhs? It is really worrisome the way brokers and builders are quoting the property prices and for that matter even the flat owners (or investors) have become too greedy. This is really sad..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mmjaiswal
    Hi Guys,

Can you please suggest me some property which is worth living even after paying 55-60 lakhs? It is really worrisome the way brokers and builders are quoting the property prices and for that matter even the flat owners (or investors) have become too greedy. This is really sad..

Welcome to Pune property and real estate market...
    Worst part is that even after paying exhorbitant rates, you will not get quality.
    I suggest you stretch your budget a bit and get something that will give you peace of mind. I am looking for 3bhk myself.

Check out Greens at Thergaon (you may not like the locality around).
    Apostrophe at Dutt mandir road (resale, it is priced out of reach though).
    nandan project at Dutt mandir (resale, no idea about prices)
    Prolife near Sayaji hotel (if you like locality and highway. I am considering it if i dont get good options in resale in Baner Balewadi.)
    Vedanta (Warning: under construction, no idea about quality. I am not considering it because of floor plan. Maybe it meets your needs. ).
    Pride Park street (Warning: resale only, after checking state of building, amenities, minutely observing everything. His quality is highly inconsistent, and there is high mismatch between his actual product and his marketing blitzkrieg).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Puneguide
    Yes my friend, prices allover pune are on higher side, if you are looking in wakad there are 2 good projects starwoods and 9avenues, starwoods is opposite indira college which is great connectivity to mumbai and hinjewadi. and another is 9avenues which is on dattamandir road.

What are the rates in starwoods and 9avenues?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

In Star woods the whole package goes around 60 Lakhs which is negotiable as per the sales person. Since i didn't like the floor plan of the falts, I didn't go ahead with this option.

I am not aware of 9Avenue as this is a stand alone building.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Sat234,

Thanks for your inputs. I liked Pristine Prolife flats but that goes around 70 lakhs (total package) which is like stretching a lot and out of my budget. Moreover, do you think that it is value for your hard earned money?
    CommentQuote
    Hi Sat234,

Thanks for your inputs. I liked Pristine Prolife flats but that goes around 70 lakhs (total package) which is like stretching a lot and out of my budget. Moreover, do you think that it is value for your hard earned money?

I think he will go below 70 if you negotiate.
    Pristine prolife has its pros and cons..
    Value for hard earned money? I am yet to see a project in Pune that is !!

Check for resale options - you may find a good deal.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Sat234,

Can you please share the pros & cons of Pristine Prolife. Also, please share with me if you have any idea on how much they can negotiate from 70 lakhs? It would be really helpful for me.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Sat234,

Can you please share the pros & cons of Pristine Prolife. Also, please share with me if you have any idea on how much they can negotiate from 70 lakhs? It would be really helpful for me.

Pros -
    Floor plan is decent (atleast for 3bhk, you check if you like 2bhk)
    Construction quality looks good
    Connectivity (service road, new road under construction on the back side, another road under construction that goes from service road to Wakad Thergaon (Dutta Mandir) road) .

Cons

Close to highway (noise)
    Somewhat congested (many buildings close together)
    Water problems (others may confirm if this is true, but sales guy himself told me that PCMC supply will start soon).
    Although connectivity is good, you have to drive longer to take the hinjewadi fly over, or you have to go to bhumkar chowk.

Hope this helps.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Sat234,

Hi jaiswal
    You can PM me your mail ID..I have bought a house there.. I can tell you the pros and cons
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vlokras1
    Hi jaiswal
    You can PM me your mail ID..I have bought a house there.. I can tell you the pros and cons

Hello vlokras1,

Share with me too. You may let me know directly via PM, I access IREF almost daily.
    CommentQuote