Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why real estate prices are increasing now?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Why real estate prices are increasing now?

Last updated: January 10 2010
59 | Posts
6004 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why real estate prices are increasing now?

Stock market is not yet stable, neither the job market is at the high of expectations. Then why real estate prices started increasing ...specially in Pune?

Re : Why real estate prices are increasing now?

Originally posted by kulkarnipb View Post
    Stock market is not yet stable, neither the job market is at the high of expectations. Then why real estate prices started increasing ...specially in Pune?
    > Gov should remove all tax benefits on buying houses as soon as possible.
    > Gov should curb all black money flowing into RE space.

Comment

Not enough people have learnt lesson yet!

Originally posted by kulkarnipb View Post
      Kulkarni,

When enough people have learnt lessons the hard way, then sense will prevail and things will get back to normal.

As of today, the habit of easy come, easy go regarding money has not yet been wrung out of enough people for things to get back to normal. Time will take care of it when enough people keep falling for this builder's trick of "buy before prices run away".

cheers

Comment

every builder thinks that his project ( scrap ) should be sold at the rate of GOLD , I just called few days back to builder of Chandrama in baner, he is quoting 3750/- , ... while talking to him I realized that even he felt this is not the current rate for the area where his project is..!!!
        when asking, he said , the project is close to Highway..!! I left with laugh, and cut the ( thought - I am wasting my money) .

True story is , there is no demand in Loans, banks have gone crazy with there credit amount... hence we can see reduced rates. even though builders are raising the prices , there is no deal happning. Seems it will take more than 1 year as still economy is not in verge of improving state. Nobody knows the actual picture....!!!
        Last edited January 1 2010, 04:48 PM.
        Thanks
        Preet99

Comment

Agree with you preet. In some of my earlier post, I had posted a thread which mentioned that even so called affordable houses are not getting sold. Fact remains, people now are very much aware of real scenario & have understood that RE doesn't always go up!!

Awareness amongst buyers is the sole reason why banks + builders together are unable to fool the buyers as they did using fear element of price hike every other day during boom times.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by deepak.patil View Post
            > Gov should remove all tax benefits on buying houses as soon as possible.
            > Gov should curb all black money flowing into RE space.
            Bang on deepak, these are the central factors that are actual drivers to all BS, curbing entire black money is not feasible but if they systems more transparent this nonsense would not be perpetrated in the name of BUSINESS.

Comment

agreed there is lot of supply around the market and may be lot of investors flat.

but as always theres always a other side too.

Recently a 2 bhk flat (re sale) in Aditya breeze park is sold at 37 lacs. whatever could be anyone's opinion but its also true that deal with this value has also happened.

Prices has increased from what it were 6-9 months back, and its reality as of now. it could again fall in coming 6-9 months but that needs to be seen.
              Last edited January 2 2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Bull run ENDED 2007 itself.

Originally posted by hporwal View Post
                Prices has increased from what it were 6-9 months back, and its reality as of now. it could again fall in coming 6-9 months but that needs to be seen.
                Can any one please tell me if prices have gone up from their peak in 2008?
                Just Keeping a short view of 6-9 months, and Ignoring prices are softer than 2008 peak will only hurt you.
                In very simple language bull run started in 2004 ENDED in 2007.
                Last 6-9 moths price hike is a very basic marketing stance, PBAP (or for that matter any builder will do, Even you and I, if were builders trying to sell will do that, wont you?)

Comment

One of the reason might be
                  http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/5317267.cms

Comment

Sad

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X