Hi All,

I am visiting India on a short trip and want to book a flat in Roseland Residency before I leave for the US in a week or so. I am looking for a 950 sq ft flat in the new buildings of the complex. The sales person is quoting an all inclusive price of Rs. 35.78 lacs (Rs. 3250 per sq ft) with the regular 15% down payment and Rs. 35 lacs (Rs. 3180 per sq ft) with a down payment of around Rs. 10 lacs.

I will be traveling to Pune again on Wednesday to negotiate with the person. Gurus - please advise what are the prevailing rates and how much I can bring him down? Also I think this price excludes the parking rate (Rs 1 lac for open parking). Do builders negotiate on these items too? What are some of the other items that I am not aware of yet? I dont want any surprises later :)

Finally, the builder wants me to complete my loan paper work within 15 days. Which is the best bank for this job?

I know this is a loaded post. Any help is highly appreciated :)

- abhisam
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Abhisam, we plan to sell our flat in Pune, Pimple Saudagar. Area is 1130sqft and is in one of the best societies in PS.

You can contact directly at : 9320 88 9797

Originally Posted by abhisam
    Hi All,

I am visiting India on a short trip and want to book a flat in Roseland Residency before I leave for the US in a week or so. I am looking for a 950 sq ft flat in the new buildings of the complex. The sales person is quoting an all inclusive price of Rs. 35.78 lacs (Rs. 3250 per sq ft) with the regular 15% down payment and Rs. 35 lacs (Rs. 3180 per sq ft) with a down payment of around Rs. 10 lacs.

I will be traveling to Pune again on Wednesday to negotiate with the person. Gurus - please advise what are the prevailing rates and how much I can bring him down? Also I think this price excludes the parking rate (Rs 1 lac for open parking). Do builders negotiate on these items too? What are some of the other items that I am not aware of yet? I dont want any surprises later :)

Finally, the builder wants me to complete my loan paper work within 15 days. Which is the best bank for this job?

I know this is a loaded post. Any help is highly appreciated :)

- abhisam
    CommentQuote
  • Society name and rate pls. How old is the flat
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Narasinha008
    If you are going with any other bank and the processing takes more than 1 month, all builders charge considerable interest which is more risky. GK builder is ok to whatever time it takes if we are going with HDFC.

QUOTE]

Why builders charge interest if processing takes more than 1 Month???And why one pay that...If this is the attitude of builder then why they dont pay the interest when they delay the projects in months????

Why ppls deal with such builders, who ask interest if processing takes more than a month, as no PSU bank can complete processing in a month time...and why ppls pay that...If Bakra itself is ready for Kurbani then why curse to kasai (Butcher)....Jago grahak jago...If you are going with any other bank and the processing takes more than 1 month, all builders charge considerable interest which is more risky. GK builder is ok to whatever time it takes if we are going with HDFC.

QUOTE]

Why builders charge interest if processing takes more than 1 Month???And why one pay that...If this is the attitude of builder then why they dont pay the interest when they delay the projects in months????

Why ppls deal with such builders, who ask interest if processing takes more than a month, as no PSU bank can complete processing in a month time...and why ppls pay that...If Bakra itself is ready for Kurbani then why curse to kasai (Butcher)....Jago grahak jago...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    ...Jao grahak jao...

Did you mean this? Even if you didnt, this is a perfect reply.
    God bless the thread owner who is investing at this stage. This is the same as investing in the BSE Index (S e n s e x) in Jan 2008.

I guess the forum ghost does not like the full word S e n s e x
    CommentQuote
  • People in these societies quote any rate what they feel like.

Better take your own call after visiting couple of properties and compare the age, surroundings, maintenance / housekeeping, meet society chairman for any issues with water, maintenance, pending issues.

Compare rates with new properties / upcoming projects ( after negotiation) and add to that the extra cost of rent considering the possession timelines for under construction property.

Dont go with broker quoted prices as owners reduce prices based on how urgently they are looking to sell the property.
    CommentQuote