Collapse

GK Roseland Residency - Pimple Saudagar, Pune

Last updated: January 23 2016
21 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : GK Roseland Residency - Pimple Saudagar, Pune

GK builders is surviving due to IT crowd who feels Pimple Saudagar is heaven to pay 3200 per sq ft. I come from the same industry but have to admit that more the disposable income at hand of some of us (read as IT crowd), we dispose our brain and pay exhobitant prices to make builder rich and we slave.

Please look at rates in other cities and you will be surprised to see rates of 2400-2500 for areas like PS.

I wanted to buy a 2nd property for myself but given the unjustified pricing by builders and after reading enough on investment in real estate (Outlook Money, Blogs, this forum), completely dropped the plan.

For first timers, go and buy the property now but stick to what you can afford. Remember that it is not an invesmtment because you need to have 1 home to stay.
    Regards,
    ROK

Comment

Originally posted by choombak View Post
      I broke my agreement with GK builders because he tried to "force" me to go with a bank that give loans fast, while I wanted to borrow from SBI. GK is notorious for these tactics, and if possible stay away from him -- check with his other completed projects and what residents have to say before you book.

Remember that a flat will be with you for lifetime, so no need to hurry so much. As others say, you can have POA done. Hurry now, and repent later, or take time now, and get all your checks done properly before you do anything silly. :-)

3250 is not worth the price for any GK deals, since:
      (1) he takes 3-4 years to form a society and keep on utilizing this money that should be transferred to the society
      (2) some societies have gone to court against him for delays in society formation, etc., etc.
      (3) his "all inclusive" stuff includes lot of shady amounts that are not clarified upfront.

The moment someone tries to force you to a particular bank, be cautious, be very cautious. Good luck.

-Amarendra

I agree with you that, Builder should not force to go with any bank.
      As far as i know, GK force to go with HDFC since they have approved project from HDFC. Personally, i would prefer HDFC only since HDFC do serious checking of the land, property and all the NOCs. If you are going with any other bank and the processing takes more than 1 month, all builders charge considerable interest which is more risky. GK builder is ok to whatever time it takes if we are going with HDFC.

Can you tell which society has gone to court against GK for not forming "Society". Rather I know many builders who did not form society even after 10 years. As far as know GK forms apartment deed immediately.

There are many threads in this forum about GK builder and why he charge more.

Ofcourse, all builders are ......... still, I observed, GK is good compared to other builders in PS area in many ways. Sometimes, its better to cautiously pay little bit more than taking risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Narasinha008 View Post
        Can you tell which society has gone to court against GK for not forming "Society". Rather I know many builders who did not form society even after 10 years. As far as know GK forms apartment deed immediately.
        Dwaraka Raj park next to hotel saudgar had gone to court for society formation.
        Roseland clubhouses won case against GK as they were planning to use internal road for Rose Rhythum.
        Suncrest may have this issue as i heard GK planning to use part of it for phase 2&3 and society formation of phase 1 delayed.

Comment

Builders have some bank employees on their payroll. Hence, it is better to buy project from a builder whose project is sanctioned from multiple banks including PSUs. Always cross-verify the papers from the bank which is not in the builders' list.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

yes this is phase II... there are some 4 buildings that they are constructing right now. Actually 3 out of these 4 buildings are already standing. Completion of phase II will mark the end of Roseland Residency project.

Originally posted by sanjay View Post
            I think all the flats at Roseland Residency have been sold 2 years back. Is this the II phase ?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your advice! Really appreciate it!

I ended up booking a flat in Roseland Residency on my trip to India. My father has my registered POA. So that's not a problem. ICICI gave me a good deal and has a good working relationship with GK. So I decided to go with them.

Two major reasons for going with GK even with a slightly higher price -

1. My brother lives in Roseland Residency. So he can take care of my prorperty. Another good friend of mine owns a flat in RR. Both said they had no problems with the builder and were infact impressed by the builder's professionalism.
              2. After all we discuss here in the forums, the ground reality is prices are going up every couple of weeks in PS. Even though prices may seem artifically inflated, there are buyers (like me :-) ) who are buying the properties. So as long as there is excess demand, prices will go up. And looking at the ambitious phase 3 plans of companies like Infy and Wipro, this trend will continue (people need a place to live :-)). This is strictly an investment property for me. So the day the price reaches my required return, I will sell it off. And looking at the trends in the last 6-7 years, I think its worth the gamble.

Thanks again everyone! :-)

- abhisam

Originally posted by realacres View Post
              Builders have some bank employees on their payroll. Hence, it is better to buy project from a builder whose project is sanctioned from multiple banks including PSUs. Always cross-verify the papers from the bank which is not in the builders' list.

Comment

Hi Abhisam, we plan to sell our flat in Pune, Pimple Saudagar. Area is 1130sqft and is in one of the best societies in PS.

You can contact directly at : 9320 88 9797

Originally posted by abhisam View Post
                Hi All,

I am visiting India on a short trip and want to book a flat in Roseland Residency before I leave for the US in a week or so. I am looking for a 950 sq ft flat in the new buildings of the complex. The sales person is quoting an all inclusive price of Rs. 35.78 lacs (Rs. 3250 per sq ft) with the regular 15% down payment and Rs. 35 lacs (Rs. 3180 per sq ft) with a down payment of around Rs. 10 lacs.

I will be traveling to Pune again on Wednesday to negotiate with the person. Gurus - please advise what are the prevailing rates and how much I can bring him down? Also I think this price excludes the parking rate (Rs 1 lac for open parking). Do builders negotiate on these items too? What are some of the other items that I am not aware of yet? I dont want any surprises later

Finally, the builder wants me to complete my loan paper work within 15 days. Which is the best bank for this job?

I know this is a loaded post. Any help is highly appreciated

- abhisam

Comment

Society name and rate pls. How old is the flat

Comment

[QUOTE=Narasinha008;49922]If you are going with any other bank and the processing takes more than 1 month, all builders charge considerable interest which is more risky. GK builder is ok to whatever time it takes if we are going with HDFC.

QUOTE]

Why builders charge interest if processing takes more than 1 Month???And why one pay that...If this is the attitude of builder then why they dont pay the interest when they delay the projects in months????

Why ppls deal with such builders, who ask interest if processing takes more than a month, as no PSU bank can complete processing in a month time...and why ppls pay that...If Bakra itself is ready for Kurbani then why curse to kasai (Butcher)....Jago grahak jago...
                    Last edited by ash7979; January 20 2010, 11:29 PM.
                    Cheers,
                    -Ashish

Comment

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
                      ...Jao grahak jao...
                      Did you mean this? Even if you didnt, this is a perfect reply.
                      God bless the thread owner who is investing at this stage. This is the same as investing in the BSE Index (S e n s e x) in Jan 2008.

I guess the forum ghost does not like the full word S e n s e x
                      Last edited by abeerbagul; January 20 2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X