How would you validate, without bringing some expert in?

Are there any good Vastu compliant projects in Pune-East?
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Razer look for the following link:-

]http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/pune/t-inputs-from-the-vaastu-perspective-5366.html/?highlight=vastu
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Real.

I have some silly questions, would you care to shed some light?

Where do you hold the compass? I took the compass in my newly purchased home, and obviously based on where you hold the compass, the rooms are relative to it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by razer

Where do you hold the compass? I took the compass in my newly purchased home, and obviously based on where you hold the compass, the rooms are relative to it.

Man, the compass will show you the direction as it is irrespective of where you keep it in the house. It (compass) is related to earth & not your house.

Do you want some egs?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Man, the compass will show you the direction as it is irrespective of where you keep it in the house. It (compass) is related to earth & not your house.

Do you want some egs?

:D :D :D

With a compass set to the earth, it is practically impossible to find a fully vastu compliant apartment.

I was trying to cheat my way out of compliance, by making the rooms relative to each other via compass.

No wonder I don't understand Vastu. :D:D:D
    CommentQuote
  • If we are talking about magnetic compass, its part of school curriculum (think before or in 8th std).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by razer
    Thanks Real.

Are you trying to ask whether Vastu Compliance should be considered with respect to your individual flat or the entire project,building?...

From what i have noticed is that South Indians look for Vastu Compliance considering their individual flat where as others consider the enitre building/project.

There are however some thumb rules which were suggested to me. The best one was that your flat should be to your RHS when you enter the flat. Wish the entire Vastu/Feng Shui was so simple....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah
    If we are talking about magnetic compass, its part of school curriculum (think before or in 8th std).

Okay, does someone have the ideal floorplan of an apartment that has directions mapped on it?
    CommentQuote
  • My personal understanding of Vastu is that it is based on old concepts when people were dependent on Sunlight and natural air for living, cow dung for cooking. Most of the fundamentals are derived from that old concept. Even today when we have plenty of alternates for natural resources we got to look long term and conserve them for our next generations.

In general I looked at the following before buying my house:

1. Layout of your unit Direction East- west (front east, back side west.This is much better then a North South based layout): This allows plenty of Sun and air circulation. Even North side entrance is ok. However east-West ensures good light and air
    2. Kitchen main otta (which hosts cooking oven) east facing again plenty of light in kitchen because of that.East-South direction for kitchen is good.
    3. Bed rooms in the South and West side corners. Ensure that your bed is positioned in a way so that your head is not facing North due to magnetic energy flow concepts. Make sure that you have 2 windows in each room for cross ventilation
    4. Pooja ghar shd be in North-east direction
    5. Stairs if any is recommended as Clockwise movement……..but practically even anticlockwise works fine as in duplex/row houses/bungalows you have only one floor. For big bdgs it shd be lockwise
    Some other practical points
    1. Ensure that you have privacy to bedrooms and they are not viewable from living rooms
    2. Try to have one basin outside bathroom and near Livving/Dinning rooms(so that your guest do not have to go to bath room for washing hands etc)
    3. Your unit should not be facing T junction of a road(lot of noise and sometimes blind turns)

Te took Vastu recommends many points but looking these sounds practical to me. Again it is very difficult to find all if you are buying from a builder. But as long as air/light direction is fine you shd be ok.

Cheers,
    Birendra
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    My personal understanding of Vastu is that it is based on old concepts when people were dependent on Sunlight and natural air for living, cow dung for cooking. Most of the fundamentals are derived from that old concept. Even today when we have plenty of alternates for natural resources we got to look long term and conserve them for our next generations.

In general I looked at the following before buying my house:

1. Layout of your unit Direction East- west (front east, back side west.This is much better then a North South based layout): This allows plenty of Sun and air circulation. Even North side entrance is ok. However east-West ensures good light and air
    2. Kitchen main otta (which hosts cooking oven) east facing again plenty of light in kitchen because of that.East-South direction for kitchen is good.
    3. Bed rooms in the South and West side corners. Ensure that your bed is positioned in a way so that your head is not facing North due to magnetic energy flow concepts. Make sure that you have 2 windows in each room for cross ventilation
    4. Pooja ghar shd be in North-east direction
    5. Stairs if any is recommended as Clockwise movement……..but practically even anticlockwise works fine as in duplex/row houses/bungalows you have only one floor. For big bdgs it shd be lockwise
    Some other practical points
    1. Ensure that you have privacy to bedrooms and they are not viewable from living rooms
    2. Try to have one basin outside bathroom and near Livving/Dinning rooms(so that your guest do not have to go to bath room for washing hands etc)
    3. Your unit should not be facing T junction of a road(lot of noise and sometimes blind turns)

Te took Vastu recommends many points but looking these sounds practical to me. Again it is very difficult to find all if you are buying from a builder. But as long as air/light direction is fine you shd be ok.

Cheers,
    Birendra

Thanks Birendra, your practical suggestions are good.
    CommentQuote
  • After reading up a little more about this subject, I have semi-concluded that this Vastu thing is very subjective. And there are things that you can actually do to counter a bad layout as well.

I even called one chappie, and boy the conversation was so funny, after 5 minutes I figured this guy so loves the fact that I don't know jack. You know the vibe you get, when you know you're going to get rogered?

So you don't have this, do that. And if you don't have that, then do this. Make the sun go around your home! And the moon around your office, all the other planets will follow.

Sounded very much like all the other hogwash I hear from preachers, mullas, and pundits. :D

No offence to any hogs.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot your suggestions and reason behind it.
    CommentQuote