Hello All,

I am looking to book a flat at either Magnolia or Cyrstal Garden project of Paranjape schemes at Baner-Pashan link road.

Any views on the projects?

Thanks and Regards
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by compuwalah

Point I am trying to make is if you strike before area gets developed (and has good chance of dev) , you may get attractive buy price and also choice location. Once area is developed it will command the premium. So either you pay in form of premium or in form of putting up with inconvenience for some time period.

I agree to this point about an early strike but at least you should have some confirmation on which things will improve and by when... and this is most important if you are thinking for end use. In this regard, it is not advisable to trust on builder's words.

What if the proposed road never happens (E.g. Sun Planet) or some permissions get delayed (water, OC, etc) and then your entire investment is sitting without any returns and even your financial calculation may go for a toss... E.g. what if you cannot move to your building because of a 'promised' bridge is not yet complete. Now either you spend 2 hours of commute or keep renting + EMI burden.

Unfortunately the people who promise things are builders and politicians who have no vested interests in keeping the promises. Their interests are only making the money which is already completed when a buyer is on the hook.

Hence it is important to book in ready possession and with developed infrastructure because "what you see is what you get".
    CommentQuote
  • I just re read my own post, I think I should have mentioned that the property I saw in Crystal Garden was for taking on rent, not purchase. Sorry for that !

I actually went looking at a few more (rental) flats today , agent in tow. I spoke to a few residents at crystal garden, Kr Shantiniketan, Magnolia and can confirm that the water situation is much better now than before in this area.

@Compuwalah: Thanks for your reply. I agree with your analysis. Indeed I am looking to buy a flat too, I hadn't considered this BPLR area - reason: it's too expensive for me now, exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Which is why I was looking at Bhugaon , Bavdhan etc ... but I digress. Yesterday this Prop Agent told me that there are a few more ("naveen ani sangli" :) ) projects coming up in this Baner P Link road area around my budget ( ~60L/2BHK ). Got me thinking now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by UncleScrooge
    If you won't mind can you share the asking price in both societies.

Sorry mate, I don't know the answer to your questions, sadly.

I should have mentioned this visit was for a rental property. I can say though the Crystal Garden flat was pretty big for a 2 BHK + Paranjpe name = no hope in hell it would be in my budget. I think ...

Paranjpe Magnolia 2BHKs were a bit smaller. The passageways seemed crammed , didn't really like the flat's internal layout, so didn't bother.
    CommentQuote
  • Resale 3 BHK flat - Need buyer advice

Hi,

Thanks for all the posts on this forum. I am in talks with the owner ti buy a 3 BHK flat in Crystal Garden and need advice on following fronts -

1. Fully furnished flat with 1500 sqft is asked at 1.10 Cr. Is it reasonable?
    2. Any water problems still in this society?
    3. Approach road is still bad after 3-4 years of completion of the society. Does anyone know when the proposed new Pashan-Baner link road will start the construction?
    4. There is a big empty plot in front of Crystal Gardens. Agent is telling it is a bungalow society of teachers. Is that true? What are the chances that tall towers will stand in front of Crystal Gardens removing all sunlight/air/view? The flat I am looking is at lower floor.

Please note that I am looking for staying purpose and not new to Pune.

Appreciate your reply.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

Thanks for all the posts on this forum. I am in talks with the owner ti buy a 3 BHK flat in Crystal Garden and need advice on following fronts -

1. Fully furnished flat with 1500 sqft is asked at 1.10 Cr. Is it reasonable?

No. Better buy on main Baner road or Aundh. And why do you want tiny living room of some 14x10 ? Crystal garden has the most pathetic floor plan in that area. Magnolia, Camellia & Biarritz have better floor plans.

2. Any water problems still in this society?

This area in general is still dependent on water tankers. Situation gets bad in summers.

3. Approach road is still bad after 3-4 years of completion of the society. Does anyone know when the proposed new Pashan-Baner link road will start the construction?

Land acquisition & litigation issues. May or may not get completed even after 5 years. Just see roads around pancard club too, all are DP roads for past 5 years !!

4. There is a big empty plot in front of Crystal Gardens. Agent is telling it is a bungalow society of teachers. Is that true? What are the chances that tall towers will stand in front of Crystal Gardens removing all sunlight/air/view? The flat I am looking is at lower floor.

Do you think teachers will come together & build bungalows ? Bungalows, row houses, amenity space of PMC, garden, agri land etc. are all lame reasons given to buyers by builders, agents to make them buy some of the most poorly located flats in the complex.
    Builders even shamelessly claim that row house will come in nearby land when that land is not even owned by him. Don't believe what agent/builder says. Buy thinking that 11-16 floor building may come up, if it doesn't consider it to be bonus. Either way, you win. :)
    CommentQuote