Tips for renting out your flat.

Last updated: April 8 2013
142 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Tips for renting out your flat.

Abeer. This all was just too much for "frugality"

I am renting out my new flat for first time this week (my first renting experience). Based on your suggestion, I told broker a flat "no" for allowing tenants in before registration is completed with sug-reg. Could not convince my parents (even trying for months) to start living in that apartment as I am out station. They are not ready to leave their familiar place to stay in a new place. So no choice but to let it out for its upkeep. Luckily got a good family as tenant.

Welcome frug . Long time no post.

Comment

Glad to see that the suggestion about registering the agreement was useful to you.
      You can relax the rule a little bit. Ask the tenant to sign the duly stamp papered agreement and let them move in. The signed but unregistered agreement has 4 months validity. So anytime within the next 4 months both parties can go to registrar's office to get in registered.

This is because tenant might want to move in immediately, but getting the agreement registered takes time.
      Just make sure the agreement has stamp paper of enough denomination, 500 rs per 12 months.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. This is what my lawyer told me. Get it cross checked from your lawyer.

Comment

***** generally has standard agreement format....ye to aisa hua ki khasi hai aur consult spet doctor in big hospital(ha yaar...swine flew bhi ho sakata hai...)..don't think registration cost should exceed 3000...friends please take care...ye ***** log vaha pe bhi dalali vsul karenge.

(One strange thing about this Post:Abeer has completed his century.But Real has not posted a single reply)
        Last edited by kothrud_pune; January 15 2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Heard that forum ghost has disabled realacres postings at present . Though he was not affected by ghost on site behind hotel mahabaleshwar, he couldn't escape cyber ghosts .
          Forum ghost. Pls do not do this to me. I pledge to be law abidingcyber citizen

Comment

Originally posted by compuwalah View Post
            Heard that forum ghost has disabled realacres postings at present . Though he was not affected by ghost on site behind hotel mahabaleshwar, he couldn't escape cyber ghosts .
            Forum ghost. Pls do not do this to me. I pledge to be law abidingcyber citizen
            Dude, be careful. Yahan pe forum pages ke bhi kaan hote hain.

Comment

Since we are discussing rent here, what is general observation regarding rent rise/fall in last 2 yrs?

In my case rent is just the same and was not raised since oct 2008, my relative place, same rent since sept 2007.

appreciate your response.

Comment

I am on same rent since Aug 2008 and most probably the rent will be same for Aug 2010 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ttt43 View Post
                  I am on same rent since Aug 2008 and most probably the rent will be same for Aug 2010 onwards.
                  Due to high supply of flats for renting out, the rents will be stable for next 3-4 years unless these IT companies again hire people in trucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by amit3011 View Post
                    Due to high supply of flats for renting out, the rents will be stable for next 3-4 years unless these IT companies again hire people in trucks!!
                    Exactly rent is good indicator of demand/supply of housing.

please read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_es..._rent_measures

Some extract from the above

"Rents, just like corporate and personal incomes, are generally tied very closely to supply and demand fundamentals; one rarely sees an unsustainable "rent bubble" (or "income bubble" for that matter). Therefore a rapid increase of home prices combined with a flat renting market can signal the onset of a bubble"

Comment

Ekjactly!!

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X