Mega property exhibition 2010

Last updated: January 22 2010
55 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Mega property exhibition 2010

Hi monds,

thanks for putting fact in detail level!!! very good information with facts.
    You are right..I am also watching rates in Baner-Balewadi and they are around 3300+ and 3 bhk cost more 60-65 lacs..i don't think any investor will jump in to buy this kind of rate..rate will go down only and there will no up in near future.
    hey, I am also looking plot in Baner area to build my own bunglow..might be we can share our data and help each other. I am looking near around Green park hotel.
    stay in touch and good luck for your plot hunting.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi monds,
      very good analysis and good point with facts and data!!!
      And you correct..current rate in Baner more than 3500 and it's not going anywhere expect south..3BHK in Baner in good project costing around 65+ Lacs and I don't feel it's going anywhere from this expect going down or stagnat for good timeframe..one of my relative went to see vascon willows and they told him 1.42 crore for 4BHK apt..my relative told him on his face that even you gave me this flat in 65 lacs, i will not buy it because it is not worth for that money..sales guy told him it all booked..it surprised to me how come people pay this kind of money for baner-balewadi area where there is no proper road (on infra at all), no good amenities, no space between two project..you can shake hand with your neighbor living in comfort zone from your balcony..
      hey monds, i am also looking plot in baner area to build my own buglow..we can share data and help each other if you interested
      I am looking near to green park hotel area right now..let's how it goes.
      Good luck to your plot hunting!
      Thanks

Comment

Bulding Twin bungalow

Monds, I am also looking for some partner to build twin bungalow.. right now I am in pune and doing search for the plots in Baner area from last 3 months…. If you are really interested we can think of this …

Originally posted by monds View Post
        That was a good one realacres...!!!

About the price, missed bus, my own views etc.
        In 2004, rates in Baner - Balewadi were 1400/1500 per sq. ft.
        Today, I believe they are 3000 +/- somewhere, and no sign of further increase sooner as there is surplus inventory with every builder and less buyers at the current price. Any bank inestment made in 2004 would have doubled by 2010, as FD interest rates were quite attractive in 2004.
        I really don't think that I missed anything in 2004, rather I gained many things in the last 6 years. In 2004, I was investing in my own house for some renovations and expansion, so buying a flat was not my choice that time. Later I moved abroad and settled over a long term and kept my earnings intact. Made lot of stock investments and few Bank FD's, rather than giving my hard earned money to notorious builder-politician lobby (my own principle). I think this made lot of sense to me today, I have cash to buy a piece of land for which Bank's don't provide loans.
        I am planning to return mid this year by June-July 10 and then probably look out for a 3-4K sq. ft. plot and keep an open option for a good partner and go for a twin bunglow in Baner-Balewadi, wakad area. Building our own house is way cheaper. I was in pune whole last month. One of my society member is building a twin bunglow in 2K sq. ft plot in front of my present bunglow. His total budget is 22L for a total built-up of 2K sq. ft. up to finishing stage, including wall compound for the plot... I in fact build my current bunglow by my own in 1996-97, it was unbeliveably cheap that time.

On a very serious note, it is very open that this is all builder politician nexus and more than half of our money go to the politician, he further divert this money to finance all his gunda party workers who in turn harress innocent citizens by all their ill-deeds. How come a third grade man becomes a crorepati over a night and keeps cars like scorpio, endeavor, pajero...who finance him??? and he bacomes a PMC corporator by using this money power...now with all powers and control in hand, these guys dominate the society to any extend, snatch plots of small plot holders...
        Just visit west Baner area, the service road touching Sadanand is deliberately kept incomplete, there are plots of many small investors like us, the local guns illegally setup a slum on the service road track and now harrassing plot holders to sell plots at very cheap rates as there is a slum around there
        When they snatch the plots from the ownsers like us, the next day that slum will go off to somewhere else...and the same drama there as well
        Just to believe this, start driving from Sadanand resorts towards katraj and keep an aye on your left, below the highway (in a 10 second's drive from sadanand), you will see lot of zoopadi's and the service road broken at one end and not developed till sadanand, delibarately. If that road completes, then that location becomes a prime locality because of the road commectivity.
        In short, this is how things operate, we spend and buy and they rule on us and harress comman people.
        Unfortunately, the new PMC commissioner is a NCP chela, so any complains against NCP corporator are not entertained as a rule
        So, guys be careful while buying in Baner-Balewadi area...it's a terror zone and all notorious guns are active...

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
          Nice post Harish, good to see that your better half is a dentist atleast you will have 32 teeths. I agree completely that RE has to be purchased once you are comfortable with your finances. Anyways, for such a nice post, here is one for you:-

I had to go to the dentist to-day.
          He was a Scottish-Canadian dentist.

He looked in my mouth and said,
          "You've got a verry big cavity there, a verry big cavity."

That gave me a bit of a start, so I said,
          "Well, you didn't have to repeat it."

And he replied, "I didn't, that was an echo."

Man, even the builders' office is not earthquake resistant to such magnitude.
          Ha ha....I really appreciate this. Good one REAL...

Comment

Hi monds,
            And you correct..current rate in Baner more than 3500 and it's not going anywhere expect south..3BHK in Baner in good project costing around 65+ Lacs and I don't feel it's going anywhere from this expect going down or stagnat for good timeframe..one of my relative went to see vascon willows and they told him 1.42 crore for 4BHK apt..my relative told him on his face that even you gave me this flat in 65 lacs, i will not buy it because it is not worth for that money..sales guy told him it all booked..it surprised to me how come people pay this kind of money for baner-balewadi area where there is no proper road (on infra at all), no good amenities, no space between two project..you can shake hand with your neighbor living in comfort zone from your balcony..
            hey monds, i am also looking plot in baner area to build my own buglow..we can share data and help each other if you interested
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by monds View Post
              That was a good one realacres...!!!

About the price, missed bus, my own views etc.
              In 2004, rates in Baner - Balewadi were 1400/1500 per sq. ft.
              Today, I believe they are 3000 +/- somewhere, and no sign of further increase sooner as there is surplus inventory with every builder and less buyers at the current price. Any bank inestment made in 2004 would have doubled by 2010, as FD interest rates were quite attractive in 2004.
              I really don't think that I missed anything in 2004, rather I gained many things in the last 6 years. In 2004, I was investing in my own house for some renovations and expansion, so buying a flat was not my choice that time. Later I moved abroad and settled over a long term and kept my earnings intact. Made lot of stock investments and few Bank FD's, rather than giving my hard earned money to notorious builder-politician lobby (my own principle). I think this made lot of sense to me today, I have cash to buy a piece of land for which Bank's don't provide loans.
              I am planning to return mid this year by June-July 10 and then probably look out for a 3-4K sq. ft. plot and keep an open option for a good partner and go for a twin bunglow in Baner-Balewadi, wakad area. Building our own house is way cheaper. I was in pune whole last month. One of my society member is building a twin bunglow in 2K sq. ft plot in front of my present bunglow. His total budget is 22L for a total built-up of 2K sq. ft. up to finishing stage, including wall compound for the plot... I in fact build my current bunglow by my own in 1996-97, it was unbeliveably cheap that time.

On a very serious note, it is very open that this is all builder politician nexus and more than half of our money go to the politician, he further divert this money to finance all his gunda party workers who in turn harress innocent citizens by all their ill-deeds. How come a third grade man becomes a crorepati over a night and keeps cars like scorpio, endeavor, pajero...who finance him??? and he bacomes a PMC corporator by using this money power...now with all powers and control in hand, these guys dominate the society to any extend, snatch plots of small plot holders...
              Just visit west Baner area, the service road touching Sadanand is deliberately kept incomplete, there are plots of many small investors like us, the local guns illegally setup a slum on the service road track and now harrassing plot holders to sell plots at very cheap rates as there is a slum around there
              When they snatch the plots from the ownsers like us, the next day that slum will go off to somewhere else...and the same drama there as well
              Just to believe this, start driving from Sadanand resorts towards katraj and keep an aye on your left, below the highway (in a 10 second's drive from sadanand), you will see lot of zoopadi's and the service road broken at one end and not developed till sadanand, delibarately. If that road completes, then that location becomes a prime locality because of the road commectivity.
              In short, this is how things operate, we spend and buy and they rule on us and harress comman people.
              Unfortunately, the new PMC commissioner is a NCP chela, so any complains against NCP corporator are not entertained as a rule
              So, guys be careful while buying in Baner-Balewadi area...it's a terror zone and all notorious guns are active...
              Hi monds,
              Thanks

Comment

I had to go to the dentist to-day.
                He was a Scottish-Canadian dentist.

He looked in my mouth and said,
                "You've got a verry big cavity there, a verry big cavity."

That gave me a bit of a start, so I said,
                "Well, you didn't have to repeat it."

And he replied, "I didn't, that was an echo."
                Good one

Man, even the builders' office is not earthquake resistant to such magnitude.
                thats very true, but the builder does not sit in his office these days; only his sales walas sit there.

Coming back to the point, I think we cannot do "a complete prevention" of any natural disaster. But being in the 21st century with quality construction and structural design available we can defenitely minimize the damages to a huge extent. Can Pune withstand a shake measuring 5.5 in the Ritcher scale ? May be yes for some buildings, but I doubt if a majority of buildings can sustain. Earlier some builders indicated "earthquake resistant structures" in their brochures, such specs or compliance are not available anywhere in India. In a business model where there is no quality measure, no agreement clauses, and no standard body monitoring the constructions, its too risky if one invests his lifetime savings in RE. Thats all I wanted to say.

Comment

Here is news about new exhibition coming up "Property Mahayatra" by Sakal Group:
                  ]http://72.78.249.125/esakal/20100120/5468516408731006606.htm[/URL]

Comment

Twin / Quad Banglow Partners

Thanks guys for showing interest in this idea... it will take a while to shape this in reality. I am planning to return by this June and then can dedicate my time for land hunt... finding a architect / contractor / supervisor / material supplier is way easy... most important is finding a good piece of land at good location... let's first do that from now

To be very clear, I am not looking for building an apartment (tower), but a banglow, may be a twin or possibly a quad, max, if more people join in...

Ground floor - parking and each owner's kitchen farm / rose garden
                    Level up - kitchen/dining/living and if possible one guest room
                    Top level - 2 or 3 bedrooms

At this stage, this is all 'hava mahel' but let's try hard...

Please IM me whoe ever is interested...

Comment

Originally posted by indiarocks View Post
                      Hi monds,
                      Thanks
                      Vascon Willows is useless in terms of price they are asking. Also have news that 50% of flats have been taken by bank as collateral just in case the builder defaults. Send your friends here, & see the fun in terms of availabilty. Even many options are there in ph1, let alone ph2.
                      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X