I herad that flat regtration and stampduty cost will increase from 01/01/2014...
Is it true? Please share if anyone has any details
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi

No such communication or news regarding this .

As per current scenario , Stamp duty and registration = 7% in PCMC and PMC areas while overall 6% in gram panchayat areas like Hinjewadi
    CommentQuote
  • I too heard that stamp duty may increase to 7% from Jan 13. Have heard this news in Nov, but no concrete info yet. It's only inside hush hush.

News from Oct13:

Stamp Duty in Pune, Mumbai, up by 1% - Moneylife

I am hearing that this 1% increase will be applicable from 1st Jan, but I can't confirm the news yet, so pls take this with caution.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for sharing info
    I am planning to buy a flat so in that case I may have to take quick desicion to save 1%
    CommentQuote
  • i also heard from one real-state broker tht the stamp duty is increses from 1st jan. it is true ??
    CommentQuote
  • I was in registration office last week, and there was a general rumor and murmur of 1% increase in stamp duty from 1st of Jan. Registration will remain same.

Can they apply the increase from 1st Jan, or do they have to wait till 1st April, as in case of 1% surcharge for LBT? If the stamp duty does increase, it will be a double whammy, as increased ready reckoner rate (by 15-25%) coupled with 1% increase in stamp duty will be a heavy increase.

I guess Government has profited the maximum by this RE bull run.
    CommentQuote
  • The registration offices are buzzing with activity for past few days. A lot of people have waken up from their slumber to rush to register their agreements, in fear of rising ready reckoner and possibility of increase in stamp duty. Usually daily 100-150 registrations are done in the offices, yesterday there were around 600! Some registration offices have started at 7am today, and will remain open till 9pm.

Huge slow down indeed!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    The registration offices are buzzing with activity for past few days. A lot of people have waken up from their slumber to rush to register their agreements, in fear of rising ready reckoner and possibility of increase in stamp duty. Usually daily 100-150 registrations are done in the offices, yesterday there were around 600! Some registration offices have started at 7am today, and will remain open till 9pm.

Huge slow down indeed!

That is just the last moment rush before stamp duty increase.

Ready reckoner rate change does not matter to end users at all, it matters only to investors with black.

Personally, I would rather not rush into things just to save 1 lakh only.
    CommentQuote
  • Not just for flat registrations. Following registrations are rushing:

1. Resale transactions happening at or below govt value
    2. Land purchases with heavy black component and white value barely matching govt value
    3. Gift deeds/Assignment deeds with 0 consideration
    4. Those lucky few people who are buying new property at govt value.

Besides, the fear of 1% increase in stamp duty (increasing it from 6% to 7%) is making people rush the registrations in this year. I doubt whether it will be increased though, as no such announcement is done yet.

I was informed that a number of large flats such as 3-4 BHK (under construction projects) unsold for past few months got booked and registered in December, for the above reasons.

I am not creating rumors or anything, only informing whatever I have come to know. So bears, please don't fight with me in this thread :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Not just for flat registrations. Following registrations are rushing:

1. Resale transactions happening at or below govt value
    2. Land purchases with heavy black component and white value barely matching govt value
    3. Gift deeds/Assignment deeds with 0 consideration
    4. Those lucky few people who are buying new property at govt value.

Besides, the fear of 1% increase in stamp duty (increasing it from 6% to 7%) is making people rush the registrations in this year. I doubt whether it will be increased though, as no such announcement is done yet.

I was informed that a number of large flats such as 3-4 BHK (under construction projects) unsold for past few months got booked and registered in December, for the above reasons.

I am not creating rumors or anything, only informing whatever I have come to know. So bears, please don't fight with me in this thread :)

>> I doubt whether it will be increased though, as no such announcement is done yet.

Something fishy is there then. This might have been orchestrated by builders just to rush buyers into buying. Must be "advertorial" or news item in TOI on the lines of "stamp duty increase may be considered".
    CommentQuote
  • My builder told me to relax and not to rush for registration. He was not worried about price increase. May be I am doing all transaction in white so he is not worried.
    CommentQuote
  • I did agreement on 29th December but not registered it and will do that by friday. there is confirm news of increase in ready reckoner by 5-10% ( less that rumored 15 - 20 %). right now all the rates are more than ready reckoner so it will not affect taxes but it may affect resale flat transactions.
    CommentQuote
  • resale as well as new will be impacted...as many were giving or asking for black money portion in total transaction.
    Anyways seems RR is not increased by much in pune...5 percent it seems.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vbhat19
    resale as well as new will be impacted...as many were giving or asking for black money portion in total transaction.
    Anyways seems RR is not increased by much in pune...5 percent it seems.

Yes its least in PMC and PCMC..In mumbai its upto 20% in some areas
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ,
    Could anyone please advice the stamp duty,registration , VAT and service tax amount for the agreement cost Rs. 2871700 for new 2 bhk flat located in talegaon dhabade area( Pune)
    It would be great if you share the formula to calculate this as well
    CommentQuote
  • within PMC and PCMC limits the stamp duty is 6% of agreement value. VAT is 1% and service tax is 3.09%. Registration is flat 30000 upto 1cr agreement value (limit may have been changed but in your case it'll be 30k or less).
    So, 2871700 x 0.109 = 313015.3 i.e 313016 Rs.
    CommentQuote