I'm thinking of selling my Baner flat and buying in Kalyani Nagar ? Can someone suggest good under construction/resale projects with good amenities ? What do you think the rate differential between the two areas. Also future appreciation trends ?

thanks
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • check out F residences, fits in almost same budget and rates.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshyahoo
    I'm thinking of selling my Baner flat and buying in Kalyani Nagar ? Can someone suggest good under construction/resale projects with good amenities ? What do you think the rate differential between the two areas. Also future appreciation trends ?

thanks

Which project in Baner are you selling & where you plan to buy in K'ngr ?
    Future appreciation ? Can't say. Baner is stuck as almost of all of PROPOSED stuff is PROPOSED, while K'ngr has no juice left from investment perspective.

From end user perspective, K'ngr is better than Baner (unless it is Baner-Aundh belt) & yes, by K'ngr, I mean only K'ngr & not its annexes like Vadgaon Sheri or Shastrinagar.
    CommentQuote
  • I remember talking with you over the phone some time in 2012 for Baner and you were in US. Are you back to India ? we could catch up at pradip.ku.pathy at ggmma il.cam
    CommentQuote
  • KN will always command a premium compared to other areas. It is well established as one of the premium areas in Pune. It is slum free, great connectivity to all important places and pretty much well planned. New projects coming up are selling for 5cr +
    I think it's a good idea to move from Baner to KN.
    As far as appreciation is concerned elite people will always pay a premium even though it sounds unreasonable. I remember South Bombay selling and 50k per sq ft and everybody including me thought this was the peak but today the same delays at 1lac per sq ft.
    The point is premium areas attracts premium buyers for whom money is no object.
    Just My 2cents!!
    CommentQuote
  • One more advantage of K'ngr over Baner is the residents here are from multiple walks of life, while in case of Baner, most are from IT.
    Also, Baner is good only if you are towards Aundh. The Baner near Pancard area is poor & the one on other side of highway (Rohan Leher) is super-junk area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    One more advantage of K'ngr over Baner is the residents here are from multiple walks of life, while in case of Baner, most are from IT.
    Also, Baner is good only if you are towards Aundh. The Baner near Pancard area is poor & the one on other side of highway (Rohan Leher) is super-junk area.

I think even Baner road , right from Baner phata, is weird. It looks as if someone simply placed concrete slabs over a curving dirt road.

From baner phata to orchid vits hotel, the whole road curves side by side and slopes up and down, like a snake. Hell even the road concrete slabs have curved edges at some places ! You cannot drive a bike or car straight on this road for even 100 m without steering too much.

And then, there are some places where the slab stops in the middle of the road, you drive over dirt, and then the concrete road continues !! Pathetic really, for a place that commands over 6500 psft rate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    I think even Baner road , right from Baner phata, is weird. It looks as if someone simply placed concrete slabs over a curving dirt road.

From baner phata to orchid vits hotel, the whole road curves side by side and slopes up and down, like a snake. Hell even the road concrete slabs have curved edges at some places ! You cannot drive a bike or car straight on this road for even 100 m without steering too much.

And then, there are some places where the slab stops in the middle of the road, you drive over dirt, and then the concrete road continues !! Pathetic really, for a place that commands over 6500 psft rate.

That's true man but the area I was talking about was near Aundh, or rather near Green Park hotel. But then, builders sell it not as Baner but Aundh.

It seems in hurry to complete the road before CYG games in 2008, contractor did anything just to comply with the norms of contract, without bothering about the road elevation etc.
    And what more can be expected from a contractor who is close to Clock-Palm combine ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    That's true man but the area I was talking about was near Aundh, or rather near Green Park hotel. But then, builders sell it not as Baner but Aundh.

It seems in hurry to complete the road before CYG games in 2008, contractor did anything just to comply with the norms of contract, without bothering about the road elevation etc.
    And what more can be expected from a contractor who is close to Clock-Palm combine ?

Panjaa... not palm :D

Yes you are right. Baner isn't really that great after greenpark. Still it seems better than the competition. Particularly because of lack of scorpio chaps slums and relatively more empty land available for development.

I have also seen posts on property portals advertising greenpark area as aundh. They even go upto mahabaleshwar hotel as aundh. In fact the end of aashiyana park aundh is almost in baner. in fact you can see bhairavi hotel across the baner road from aashiyana park
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Panjaa... not palm :D

haha, yes, correct. Khooni panja. :D

Yes you are right. Baner isn't really that great after greenpark. Still it seems better than the competition. Particularly because of lack of scorpio chaps slums and relatively more empty land available for development.

Yes, but infra takes toll. Add to it there are 'Shaukin addas' in bungalows located in & around Veerbhadra nagar. You will see lot of movement here as elections come closer :D.

I have also seen posts on property portals advertising greenpark area as aundh. They even go upto mahabaleshwar hotel as aundh. In fact the end of aashiyana park aundh is almost in baner. in fact you can see bhairavi hotel across the baner road from aashiyana park

Gold Coast at Ivory estate was sold as Aundh.
    Man, when Pimpale Gurav & Rahatni is sold as Aundh Annexe, Baner automatically becomes Aundh !!
    CommentQuote