Housing in West Pune - 2009 to 2013 - Renting vs outright purchase

Last updated: March 1 2014
25 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Housing in West Pune - 2009 to 2013 - Renting vs outright purchase

Originally posted by ninjatalli View Post
    I am getting a STRONG feeling that the total cost of the house completely puts the logic of the first post for a toss, and hence the reason you are not stating the final cost of the house
    The first post really doesn't have any logic in there, it simply being a recount of the few years I have spent in Pune so not quite sure what you mean by that...

In any case, quoting the price paid for the house I finally got would be pointless in this case (as this wasn't available back then)..
    so there is no baseline to compare against (Since this one is quite different from the ones i saw over the years)
    One valid baseline would be the % y-o-y rise in the cost of the house(s) I was considering in the society I was living in which I have quoted in anyway if someone wanted to do a baselined comparison

Comment

In all this real estate "valuations" and "analysis" we forget the actual reason - whether the house purchase makes us happy!
      This is a very important factor: Happiness. Something that the number crunchers and bears will never understand. It's important how you feel when you are standing in that apartment/bungalow/empty plot. The psqft rates and rent:price analysis etc should all follow later. First you should see what your heart feels, then only your brain should kick in.

I have noticed that even a dull property that emanates pleasant feelings can be made good visually by a few lakhs, but a shining new property with bad vibe cannot recover. Call me superstitious!

Comment

superczar. Appreciate your post of sharing a personal experience of buyer who is looking at market for last 4 years. Not many people come here to share this kind of experience (for obvious reasons that after sharing so many details you sooner or later will be branded as some agent or builder).

Guys. why on earth s'czar should share the price he paid ? The purpose of the post was to simply share an actual experience of a buyer who is tracking the market for sizable time. nobody stops anyone from posting their experiences in same way (even it may not have ended up in RE buy). Even sellers can post their experiences.

Comment

for obvious reasons that after sharing so many details you sooner or later will be branded as some agent or builder
          LOL - Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by superczar View Post
            LOL - Why is that?
            Wait and watch, you damn agent!

Soon the bears will jump on you spreading lies about buying 1cr property when no body in their vicinity is buying even 10L one. Ergo, you must be an agent or a builder trying to mislead poor readers by painting rosy pictures, and bears must unite to educate people about the impeding fall! They have been doing it for past 4 years, and some have become quite good at it.

Comment

Nice post superczar . Appreciate the time you took out to put your experience here. The best decision which you took here would be buying a RTM house. And yes, finding a right girl for marriage is far greater headache than buying a RH.

Btw, I always wonder why do people develop 'Savings Habit' only after they take some loan ?
              Anyways, congrats once again & please do share your experiences in 'Stock Advice' thread as you are in stocks/MFs.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                Nice post superczar . Appreciate the time you took out to put your experience here. The best decision which you took here would be buying a RTM house. And yes, finding a right girl for marriage is far greater headache than buying a RH.

Btw, I always wonder why do people develop 'Savings Habit' only after they take some loan ?
                Anyways, congrats once again & please do share your experiences in 'Stock Advice' thread as you are in stocks/MFs.
                Can u post the stock advice thread link here

Comment

Congratulation superczar on new RH!

In all this real estate "valuations" and "analysis" we forget the actual reason - whether the house purchase makes us happy!
                  +1

This is a very important factor: Happiness. Something that the number crunchers and bears will never understand
                  +1

If we go by the financial logic of rent vs buy, purchasing real estate will not be viable. It was neither in 2009 nor today. For most of us real estate is more than investment. It's a place we would call “khud ka ghar”. Its like a milestone achieved and with countless memories this place is going to become priceless in future.
                  Last edited February 27 2014, 11:20 AM. Reason: failed to add my response

Comment

Originally posted by sbh452in View Post
                    Can u post the stock advice thread link here
                    Man, its the sticky thread, wonder how you missed it.
                    Here is the link :-

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...ice-12392.html
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

I am getting a STRONG feeling that the total cost of the house completely puts the logic of the first post for a toss, and hence the reason you are not stating the final cost of the house

Anyway you are pleased with the house (decision) and that's all it matters. In all this real estate "valuations" and "analysis" we forget the actual reason - whether the house purchase makes us happy!
                      You are bang on.

I was wondering how a salaried person who wiped out all the saving in Q3 2013 managed to get a house worth more than 1 Cr. ( I am damn sure about this figure ) in a year

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X