Scam called “Sample Flat”

Last updated: March 11 2014
16 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Scam called “Sample Flat”

vaibhav123,

I have been staying in same flat for past 4 years now & this time landlord asked me to opt for 3 year lease but I said no, lets have 11 months only. I even got basin, shower replaced. When I went & got double curtain rod as I wanted one dark one & 1 light one, the landlord paid me 100% of the amount despite my unwillingness. His logic was when I leave, the curtain rod shall remain there, so he should pay for it & not me. The RO filter was also installed by him. Agree with RP_Pune that this is the fear instilled by builder lobby how renting is bad. Infact, one of my friend who was on rent & left for Bangalore permanently, it was the landlord & his family who felt very sad. Not only he was loosing a good tenant but they also had become more like family. Once in a 2-3 months, the landlord used to call him for dinner at his home.

As far as this sample flat is concerned, it is more like deciding to marry someone whom you saw on social networking site & not in real life. What you may see as Cameron Diaz may turn out to be some B grade one in Tollywood. Builders call them as PROPOSED Cameron.
    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Real Acres,
      You have not got my point.My point is there exists a possibility of having to vacate.Can you plan,I will stay for three years definitely in a rented flat? Land lord may change his mind.He may get a better offer or some family friend may come to city for job,study etc.
      Getting a good tenant is difficult.I have seen some rented flats and so badly maintained by the tenant.But you do get good tenants who keep flat like own house.
      But I am talking from long term point of view.

Comment

I agree with Vaibav123. Good observations.

Comment

Off topic - Renting aptt.

Guys,

(Sorry - Just my view, though on off-topic content)

I feel striking that mutual-understanding-balance is important.
          If tenant assures good upkeep & maintains the flat & the Landlord (preferrably one who has bought the flat for long term & who is settled elsewhere) assures that he needs a good tenant for 3~5 years or so -- Both have a jackpot, tension-free life for that term (at the least!)
          Other than that -

Landlord wants:
          1. Rent on time
          2. No complaints/problems/legal issues - so basically a peaceful tenant

Tenant wants:
          1. Some minor/major repair work (if any) to be done without fuss by the landlord -- hardly a concern for relatively new flats.
          Consumable stuff is anyway to be replaced by tenant. (as I understand)
          2. Exit notice to be suitably discussed in advance!

Few Landlord-Tenants become friends!
          Few just meet while doing the LL agreement. Rest all interactions are Debt/Credit!

Either way, both get what they want = Best case scenario

Bhushan.
          Last edited March 10 2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Bhushan,
            What you say is absolutely right.
            but in the real world things do not hapen as planned and relations between tenant and owner get strained.
            Rent gets delayed.Items in flat get broken and disagreements take place.
            If I have peaceful and well behaved tenant I dont mind taking Rs1000 less and give lease for even three years at a stretch.
            My parents stayed 25 years as tenants in same house(not flat) and vacated it when finally they had to shift to home town.
            We do have good tenants but many a time we get dificult tenants who create problems.They fail to take care of leakages,seepages and then society gets into act.Especially if you are far away or abroad it becomes dificult to handle.

Comment

Let's take the Rent VS owning issue in some different thread, as it is not relevant to this thread.

Comment

Vaibhav123,
                To save headache, I give 11 PDC to landlord. Simple.

TheTruth,
                This issue came up because it was one of the reason why some think renting is not good despite making much better financial sense.

Eg. A 2BR in Nanded City is for rent for 6800/month. So why buy ??
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X