Sort by :
Filter by :
- ""Are independence and roof rights worth paying 20L extra and sacrificing some space?""
Building own house on a plot of land is a better option than staying in a flat or even row house.It is amtter of how you look at life or your own thought process.CommentQuote0Flag
- if you can afford it, and buying for yourself, always go big.CommentQuote0Flag
- OT But time to change your username:D All the best for the hunt. For 1.15 CR I doubt any good bungalow/row house will be there. You may want to check simplicity bungalows on Solapur road. They fall in PMC. But the commute will kill you till the underpass at the railway crossing comes to reality.CommentQuote0Flag
- I faced the exact same dilemma.
In the end opted for apartment.
Not because of extra 20 lacs...but because the living+ dining space is very small for row house.
Thats a problem I have seen in most row houses in that range.
If you need more space.. then the budget goes over the roof.
In my humble opinion, the extra space in living+dining is more important.Originally Posted by faticharI am looking to purchase a house for my self use in 1 month max.
Budget : Max 1 crore. Preferably up to 85.
I am interested in a plot ina society, but high black component is making it difficult. Also a bit apprehensive about the effort I would have to put in to get a house built.
So Row House is the next option. Saw a few of them. (Mundhwa, Keshav Nagar, Kharadi)
Prices : 85 to 1.15 cr
1. Parking space is very tight. Only one small car can fit, after which not even a 2 wheeler can be parked.
2. Living+dining is not spacious. 1600 sqft flats have bigger ones.
3. Positives of Row Houses, like top terrace and small garden, do exist.
So saw a flat also, in the same society as one of the Row Houses.
1. Parking is very big. Two small cars fit back to back.
2. Living / dining is spacious.
3. Bathrooms are spacious.
4. Kitchen is smaller than the row house.
Asking price : 85 (furnished)
Very confused. Are independence and roof rights worth paying 20L extra and sacrificing some space?CommentQuote1Flag
- Row house .. if at correct size.. is a better option. I see people parking on the road anyway. You can fix things as per your liking. Except things that modify the structure. You can knock off kitchen walls for example if it is not load bearing. Or half walls. Note that walls can only be on beams.
Can you share dimensions so that we can have a better picture.
Btw.. apartments are costlier in usa because of lower maintenance costs. You cannot hire someone to mow the lawn for you unless you are rich.CommentQuote0Flag
- Thank you guys!
Where exactly is Simplicity Bungalows?
Btw, I have finalized the deal. A furnished 3 bhk Row House (resale) in Ozone Villas, Wagholi. Yeah, I know that quite a few eyebrows raise when they read Wagholi :)
But the overall package sealed it for me.
1. Much cheaper compared to the builder rates. An unfurnished house is quoted at 30% more price by the builder.
2. Very good society. Excellent amenities (Gym, park, swimming pool, tennis courts), all at 100 feet from the house.
3. Good security.
4. Best location inside Wagholi. Bang on Nagar Road, touching the Wagheshwar temple and lake. Market, car service, travels stop - all ay walking distance.
4. Got all furniture - all beds with mattresses, kitchen done up with purifier, all wardrobes, sofa, dining table, inverter, two flats tvs with Tata Sky, 3 split ACs, solar water heater.
Only need to buy chimney. (and sell my old furniture :-) )
1. Far off location. My office is in Magarpatta.
2. Only one car parking.
3. Room sizes (living, bedroom and bathroom) decent but not lavish.
Will share the price after the deal is complete.CommentQuote0Flag
Now you owe us a treat! :DCommentQuote0Flag
- Congrats! I liked the Ozone villa project. Is this the corner row house facing the amenities? If yes, get it repainted and all from the builder, because he is showing the sample row house from 2011 or so!
Any round figure idea of the ongoing rate? IIRC it was some 45L-50L in June 2011.CommentQuote0Flag
- Congrats !!
Party kab hai :)CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by superczarCongratulations!
Now you owe us a treat! :D
I hope after the purchase I would still be left with money to treat everyone :)CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by TheTruthCongrats! I liked the Ozone villa project. Is this the corner row house facing the amenities? If yes, get it repainted and all from the builder, because he is showing the sample row house from 2011 or so!
Any round figure idea of the ongoing rate? IIRC it was some 45L-50L in June 2011.
No, it is not from the builder. It's a resale deal.
Builder now only has new houses, named Prateeksha Villas. Half of them overlook the lake. But very costly. Starting at 1.3 crores.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by Sat234Congrats !!
Party kab hai :)
Party at Vastu Shanti, in 1-2 months.CommentQuote0Flag
Congrats for buying your house man. :) We all need a treat now.
Coming to your older question (though not much use to you now), my first priority would be buy land & buy on own. I can do this is cheaper than row house & in many cases, cheaper than 3+ BR flats. I get stuck up due to cash component. :(
Anyways, I would look at dimensions of room & type of project rather than row house or flat.
Eg. I would prefer to buy a flat in Ivy lounge than to buy a row house in say Shubhashree woods.
But if both are at par, opt for row house. Not only you stay on ground (personal preference) but good even if you want to keep some pet & no khich-khich to wait for lift & also it is bit more secluded than flat which is good.
See fatichar got RH at price 30%+ lesser than builder rates. Good to see this man. Fatichar should give a treat out of this money saved. ;)CommentQuote0Flag
- Party time for all of us.:)
Congrats on your deal.
It must have put you back by around 75-80 lakhs I think.
Date and Time of Party can be PMed:)
I also want to buy land and build.(best option)
I am loak out for n/a plots which fit my budget.
Right now i dont have the moolah but probably in Oct14 I will start looking around.CommentQuote0Flag
- Good hai... noida mein flat, pune mein row house...what next :)CommentQuote0Flag