I am looking to purchase a house for my self use in 1 month max.

Budget : Max 1 crore. Preferably up to 85.

I am interested in a plot ina society, but high black component is making it difficult. Also a bit apprehensive about the effort I would have to put in to get a house built.

So Row House is the next option. Saw a few of them. (Mundhwa, Keshav Nagar, Kharadi)
Prices : 85 to 1.15 cr

Observations :

1. Parking space is very tight. Only one small car can fit, after which not even a 2 wheeler can be parked.

2. Living+dining is not spacious. 1600 sqft flats have bigger ones.

3. Positives of Row Houses, like top terrace and small garden, do exist.


So saw a flat also, in the same society as one of the Row Houses.

1. Parking is very big. Two small cars fit back to back.

2. Living / dining is spacious.

3. Bathrooms are spacious.

4. Kitchen is smaller than the row house.

Asking price : 85 (furnished)


Very confused. Are independence and roof rights worth paying 20L extra and sacrificing some space?
Read more
Reply
39 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Math lesson for bears:

    Builder quoting 30% more than investors <> investors quoting 30% less than builder

    Homework: Show that the above inequality holds true.
    CommentQuote
  • Fatichar bhai.... Did you manage to sell your noida flat...
    CommentQuote
  • Good hai... noida mein flat, pune mein row house...what next
    penthouse in Dubai:)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks a lot!

    Yeah, plot+construction is cheaper. I had almost finalized a 2700 sqft plot in Amar Srushti, which was coming at 81L all incl.

    Problems:

    1. The owner wanted only 40L white.
    2. Builder was charginf 150 psf for NOC (all in cash, no receipt). Daylight robbery.
    3. Road in front of the plot is not complete.
    4. Due to cash component, all own component would have vanished. so construction would have to wait for a year.
    5. Thought that there are better things to utilize my youth time for, than construction of house.

    the last one nailed it.

    Originally Posted by realacres
    fatichar,

    Congrats for buying your house man. :) We all need a treat now.
    Coming to your older question (though not much use to you now), my first priority would be buy land & buy on own. I can do this is cheaper than row house & in many cases, cheaper than 3+ BR flats. I get stuck up due to cash component. :(

    Anyways, I would look at dimensions of room & type of project rather than row house or flat.
    Eg. I would prefer to buy a flat in Ivy lounge than to buy a row house in say Shubhashree woods.

    But if both are at par, opt for row house. Not only you stay on ground (personal preference) but good even if you want to keep some pet & no khich-khich to wait for lift & also it is bit more secluded than flat which is good.

    RE bulls,

    See fatichar got RH at price 30%+ lesser than builder rates. Good to see this man. Fatichar should give a treat out of this money saved. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Party time for all of us.:)
    Fatichar,
    Congrats on your deal.
    It must have put you back by around 75-80 lakhs I think.
    Date and Time of Party can be PMed:)
    Realacres,
    I also want to buy land and build.(best option)
    I am loak out for n/a plots which fit my budget.
    Right now i dont have the moolah but probably in Oct14 I will start looking around.


    Thanks!

    80L - Nah, not so low!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chirag999
    Good hai... noida mein flat, pune mein row house...what next :)


    Nahi bhai,

    Noida ka flat becha + loan amount bhadhaya
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    Math lesson for bears:

    Builder quoting 30% more than investors <> investors quoting 30% less than builder

    Homework: Show that the above inequality holds true.


    This is true for some Row houses.

    In Kharadi, builders are quoting about 20% more than resale for flats.

    My relative recently bought a spacious 3 BHK (with store room and dress area) at Satin Brick for just 80 L, including 2 parkings.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guru1001
    Fatichar bhai.... Did you manage to sell your noida flat...


    Yes. In process.
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats on your purchase..!!

    I was looking for a 3BHK in Kharadi. From what you have mentioned about your friend's purchase, it seems he bought a good flat at a reasonable (as per current market rates) price. Could you possibly share some details where your friend bought (society).

    EDIT: Sorry just saw the project name :))

    Originally Posted by fatichar
    This is true for some Row houses.

    In Kharadi, builders are quoting about 20% more than resale for flats.

    My relative recently bought a spacious 3 BHK (with store room and dress area) at Satin Brick for just 80 L, including 2 parkings.
    CommentQuote
  • Row house anytime

    First of all many congratulations fatichar for your buy. I like the location esp the lake view.

    Coming to original question ,I would prefer a row house over flat anytime. I would prefer a plot in a gated community even more because then I can construct based on my preferences plus get the security of gated community as well.

    But if I look from the point of view of an elderly couple living alone I would suggest a flat for them as more secure, and maintenance is easier as well.

    Secluded is not good for them.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks!

    My preference also go the same way
    That's why my first choice was a plot in Amar Srushti.

    For an elderly couple, I feel flat on ground floor is best. Even a row house would do better than an upper floor flat.

    Originally Posted by kingmanish
    First of all many congratulations fatichar for your buy. I like the location esp the lake view.

    Coming to original question ,I would prefer a row house over flat anytime. I would prefer a plot in a gated community even more because then I can construct based on my preferences plus get the security of gated community as well.

    But if I look from the point of view of an elderly couple living alone I would suggest a flat for them as more secure, and maintenance is easier as well.

    Secluded is not good for them.
    CommentQuote
  • Fatichar,
    where is Amar Srushti?
    What is the rate there?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vaibav123
    Fatichar,
    where is Amar Srushti?
    What is the rate there?


    It's in Manjri, Pune. You can search on maps.

    Rate is 2700 - 3200, depending on size and location.

    One problem is that the builder demands 150 psf as NOC charges, to be paid in cash. This has to be paid 50-50 by the buyer - seller.
    CommentQuote
  • So is the party happening or not? ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Nice. I appreciate your decision. Row house is the best for you, also the location and amenities are also good.
    CommentQuote