hi all,

been reading many threads from here... got a bit of head spin... saw few projects but then the possession is very late... going for resale... but not getting good options and the price is almost similar to new projects..

prashant / kartik pai / investinwest / realacres and all other senior members nees ye help and suggestions..
in pune since last 6 years and saw ps and wakad rate at 3000, but as a fresher never tght that i will be settling in pune .. :( so didnt invest or buy anything at that time ...
but now the same rates have doubled and the area where i didnt even go for rent (stayed in aundh instead of PS/wakad) now looking t buy ... but thats the case

i am looking for 2.5 bhk or 2 bhk ... and budget is around 55-56...
saw olympia wakad liked the plan and all but possession is dec 2015 ... :(
any negatives about that project ???

also please help me with the current rates and good projects/RESALE around wakad/ps ..
Read more
89 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ps/Wakad - Quoted price at 3000. That means its 2010-2011 . Must be around 3-4 years experienced professional, possibly unmarried. From My experience in both service based and product based company, its unlikely a fresher can think of affording 55+ lakhs in first 4 years of career on their own. Has any other sector picked up in this area / IT has suddenly got boost in last year. if so its a good sign.
    CommentQuote
  • yea true ... so even IT is not that boomed up... but the factor is now the cost is too high..
    is there any chance for future appreciations ??? wakad is asking 5000 ~ rates every where while ps is around 5400 ~ so which will be the better option to go with ??

also any reviews on Olympia ???? Any one booked in there ??? how is the builder and other stuff ??

any other suggestion on any projects /.. please help out guys...
    CommentQuote
  • Rates are manipulated and just been kept high to lure investors. Most of the occupants in wakad are tenants and people who purchased earlier in ps.
    If you are looking for staying and can afford without stretching much go for it as you will save on rent and some tax which can compensate for 10-15 percent fall and hedge your risk.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kingkrunal
    hi all,

been reading many threads from here... got a bit of head spin... saw few projects but then the possession is very late... going for resale... but not getting good options and the price is almost similar to new projects..
    i am looking for 2.5 bhk or 2 bhk ... and budget is around 55-56...
    saw olympia wakad liked the plan and all but possession is dec 2015 ... :(
    any negatives about that project ???

also please help me with the current rates and good projects/RESALE around wakad/ps ..

A friend of mine is looking in the same budget & had been on a property trail walk just yesterday . Here are a few observations ,

1.) 2.5 bhk in that budget is too ambitious given the current rates & the choice of areas.
    2.) For a flat to fit in the budget mentioned above , please ensure that you have following things in place ,

Downpayment of 12 - 13 lacs which includes everything other than loan .
      Look in areas where psf rate is not more than 4500 psf . Anything more than that your budget will overshoot to 60+.
      Get your loan eligiblity checked in case you are going for 80% loan amount.

3.) Rates that I observed during my recent visit yesterday ,

Pimple saudagar - 5500 +
        Wakad - 4800 - 5000+ depending upon where in wakad.
        Rahtani - 4600 - 5000+ depending upon where & which project .

4.) I have a contact of a good broker who does a decent job of showing flats for resales according to budget. The guy is a genuine person & had shown me at least 10 - 15 flats with a lot of patience . If you want I can pass on the contact. He mainly deals in pimpri , rahtani & pimple saudagar area.

5.) I have booked a 2 BHK of 1040 sq ft at vardhaman hieghts phase 2 , rahtani . The current rate there is around 4600 psf & total package comes close to 56 lacs.. Check it out if it suits your requirement.

6.) I had visited olympia yesterday however I found the floor plan to be a little awkard man . The hall is little short , more like a rectangular fashion. Although its a personal choice do check out the sample flat again , there is no enough space for dining & even the tea poy was literally touching to the sofa & there was hardly any space to move . Check it out .

Originally Posted by pradip_pune
        ...its unlikely a fresher can think of affording 55+ lakhs in first 4 years of career on their own. Has any other sector picked up in this area / IT has suddenly got boost in last year. if so its a good sign.

Agree cent percent. Even I had started off with a budget of 35 lacs when I was 3 years exp in IT. By the time I finalized home , I had to leverage finances from dad & a little bit from my uncle too to manage my downpayment part . But once I started to stick to my financial outflow in a controlled manner , I am able to pull of EMI's + my insurance premiums + even a little bit of entertainment . Now I need to figure out how to repay the part where I had over leveraged my down-payment capabilities. I am pretty sure with proper planning & support its possible for a 3-4 year exp individual to eventually go for flat . Also with a little strict discipline in terms of expenditure I am sure even an individual can do his DP part.

Agree cent percent. Even I had started off with a budget of 35 lacs when I was 3 years exp in IT. By the time I finalized home , I had to leverage finances from dad & a little bit from my uncle too to manage my downpayment part . But once I started to stick to my financial outflow in a controlled manner , I am able to pull of EMI's + my insurance premiums + even a little bit of entertainment . Now I need to figure out how to repay the part where I had over leveraged my down-payment capabilities. I am pretty sure with proper planning & support its possible for a 3-4 year exp individual to eventually go for flat . Also with a little strict discipline in terms of expenditure I am sure even an individual can do his DP part.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kartikpai
    A friend of mine is looking in the same budget & had been on a property trail walk just yesterday . Here are a few observations ,

1.) 2.5 bhk in that budget is too ambitious given the current rates & the choice of areas.
    2.) For a flat to fit in the budget mentioned above , please ensure that you have following things in place ,

Downpayment of 12 - 13 lacs which includes everything other than loan .
      Look in areas where psf rate is not more than 4500 psf . Anything more than that your budget will overshoot to 60+.
      Get your loan eligiblity checked in case you are going for 80% loan amount.

3.) Rates that I observed during my recent visit yesterday ,

Pimple saudagar - 5500 +
        Wakad - 4800 - 5000+ depending upon where in wakad.
        Rahtani - 4600 - 5000+ depending upon where & which project .

4.) I have a contact of a good broker who does a decent job of showing flats for resales according to budget. The guy is a genuine person & had shown me at least 10 - 15 flats with a lot of patience . If you want I can pass on the contact. He mainly deals in pimpri , rahtani & pimple saudagar area.

5.) I have booked a 2 BHK of 1040 sq ft at vardhaman hieghts phase 2 , rahtani . The current rate there is around 4600 psf & total package comes close to 56 lacs.. Check it out if it suits your requirement.

6.) I had visited olympia yesterday however I found the floor plan to be a little awkard man . The hall is little short , more like a rectangular fashion. Although its a personal choice do check out the sample flat again , there is no enough space for dining & even the tea poy was literally touching to the sofa & there was hardly any space to move . Check it out .

thanks mate for the reply...
        i saw few projects today ...
        tiara - super costly 5500 ... not worth it
        madhupushpa 2 - 5100 is the quote and again going above 60 for 2 bhk
        avenir -- 5300 above 60 for 2 bhk ..
        palm avenue -- 4800 good layout but master bedroom is very small..
        pristine prolife -- 5300 going above 60
        pls tell me which projects in wakad coming around 4800 - 5000 did not see any of those ..
        also true man 2.5 bhk is ambiguous in 55-56 ...

btw vardhman heights when is the possession ?
        and how much amount of loan is done in resale ? is 80% possible ?

reg olympia -- yea the hall is rectangle.. but i liked 2.5 bhk a bit ... btw what rate they quote to you ? me 5200 they said

pls tell me which projects in wakad coming around 4800 - 5000 did not see any of those ..

reg olympia -- yea the hall is rectangle.. but i liked 2.5 bhk a bit ... btw what rate they quote to you ? me 5200 they said

CommentQuote
  • Hi kartikpai

Congrats on the flat booking at vardhaman. Which is ur wing?

Could you pls tell how is the construction quality, builder reputation, water availability ?
    CommentQuote

For resale I think 80% loan amount should be possible. But does bank evaluation come in picture when it comes to resale , do check that once. Also most of the resales will have a black component since the buyers would be dodging tax on capital gains , so again this is a major hurdle unless you are wishing to convert your tax paid moolah into black .

For vardhaman the possession is in Nov 2014 .

Originally Posted by sultan
    Hi kartikpai

Congrats on the flat booking at vardhaman. Which is ur wing?

Could you pls tell how is the construction quality, builder reputation, water availability ?

Sultan - I guess we have a seperate thread on that I ll post my replies there itself I hope it should be fine. Why hi jack another thread ;)
    CommentQuote
    For resale I think 80% loan amount should be possible. But does bank evaluation come in picture when it comes to resale , do check that once. Also most of the resales will have a black component since the buyers would be dodging tax on capital gains , so again this is a major hurdle unless you are wishing to convert your tax paid moolah into black .

For vardhaman the possession is in Nov 2014 .

Sultan - I guess we have a seperate thread on that I ll post my replies there itself I hope it should be fine. Why hi jack another thread ;)

yea it seems so... today will be visiting vardhman hieghts ... ... the current rate they are quoting is 4600 right ? the possession time is good

also planning to visit a resale in PS... its costing is 55 for a 2.5 bhk .. but society is bit old it seems.. so wifey is not interested :( she is thinking in for olympia 2.5 bhk but it is going out of budget.. qoute is 68 .. i dont think it will come down to 60 .??

is it possible for that rate ??
    CommentQuote
    yea it seems so... today will be visiting vardhman hieghts ... ... the current rate they are quoting is 4600 right ? the possession time is good

also planning to visit a resale in PS... its costing is 55 for a 2.5 bhk .. but society is bit old it seems.. so wifey is not interested :( she is thinking in for olympia 2.5 bhk but it is going out of budget.. qoute is 68 .. i dont think it will come down to 60 .??

is it possible for that rate ??

68 to 60 looks difficult man. Still give it a try ,if you folks like the layout tell the sales guy straight with a cheque book on table on whats the max figure you can afford & see if he budges to the sale . If he doesn't budge then you can forget it & move on alas if he does then you can think over if you want to go ahead with the budget & book it.

And yes before you visit vardhaman hieghts let me re assure you that if you are looking for a locality like wakad or pimple saudagar then probably you would end up disappointed. I had booked in that particular project mainly cause it met most of my requirements so go with an open mind ;)

Best wishes !
    Pai
    CommentQuote
    68 to 60 looks difficult man. Still give it a try ,if you folks like the layout tell the sales guy straight with a cheque book on table on whats the max figure you can afford & see if he budges to the sale . If he doesn't budge then you can forget it & move on alas if he does then you can think over if you want to go ahead with the budget & book it.

And yes before you visit vardhaman hieghts let me re assure you that if you are looking for a locality like wakad or pimple saudagar then probably you would end up disappointed. I had booked in that particular project mainly cause it met most of my requirements so go with an open mind ;)

Best wishes !
    Pai

yes thats nxt in plan... above 60 is impossible for me ... also lets say 60 is the rate than how much of cash is needed with 80 % loan? as you said that for 56 .. 10 -12 is required
    and what all clearances or approval do i need to ask in any builders case ?? lifesaver had mentioned at many places regarding EC clearacne where atlanta is stopped and some stuff..
    CommentQuote

yes thats nxt in plan... above 60 is impossible for me ... also lets say 60 is the rate than how much of cash is needed with 80 % loan? as you said that for 56 .. 10 -12 is required
    and what all clearances or approval do i need to ask in any builders case ?? lifesaver had mentioned at many places regarding EC clearacne where atlanta is stopped and some stuff..

Cash required depends on the type of loan & the agreement value mainly. In usual cases here is how the calculation looks like ,

Flat cost : ( psf cost * area ) + (mseb) + parking + infra charges + legal + service tax + VAT + Legal charges + stamp duty + registration.

Now it largely depends on developer as to what costs he mentions in the agreement & what he doesn't.

Usually the cash component is equal to : 20% of agreement value + stamp duty + registration + legal charges + VAT + service tax

In this service tax can be paid in slabs as per payment. Some builders mention infra charges in the agreement which covers parking + development charges. If they do not then again this will add up to your cash component . Also some banks may provide service tax included in loan also - check with your banker. In usual cases the cash component is approximately between 12 - 13 lacs for a flat worth 55 - 60 lacs .

About clearences , I am not very much sure about the EC part . But as far I read it on a thread it applies for places with area above 20,000 sq ft. May be some other experienced members can point on that. However for the clearances part its good to get it verified by a lawyer or you can see how many nationalized banks have approved the project.

Cheers !
    Pai
    CommentQuote
  • To add to what Kartik said, many ignore the final cost which includes stamp duty + registration +legal + service tax +infra...so Per sqft cost is approx 85% of total cost to be borne by the user...
    Also stamp duty + registration +legal charges are not covered under loan..
    Please correct me if I am wrong
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vlokras1
    To add to what Kartik said, many ignore the final cost which includes stamp duty + registration +legal + service tax +infra...so Per sqft cost is approx 85% of total cost to be borne by the user...
    Also stamp duty + registration +legal charges are not covered under loan..
    Please correct me if I am wrong

i think they are considered under loan... as kartik said that he is paying service tax according to slab and stuff...

even i have that doubt ... can some one confirm.?
    CommentQuote
  • ALL the white charges are covered in loan. Depends on bank though, but SBI covers them for sure. Very few banks give loan only on basic cost only.

So basic cost + stamp duty + VAT + ST + LBT + whatever legal charges mentioned in agreement etc are covered under loan. You need to pay 20% of ALL this and bank will finance 80%, provided you are eligible.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    ALL the white charges are covered in loan. Depends on bank though, but SBI covers them for sure. Very few banks give loan only on basic cost only.

So basic cost + stamp duty + VAT + ST + LBT + whatever legal charges mentioned in agreement etc are covered under loan. You need to pay 20% of ALL this and bank will finance 80%, provided you are eligible.

thanks man... .. even i am thinking of going to sbi ... any contact details for sbi ...
    also any idea for any reviews on olympia oxford group ... ??
    CommentQuote