Last updated: February 18 2010
8 | Posts
2723 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiries to be made while buying a flat

Hi All,
    I am searching for a Flat in Pune for past month and visited a lot of sites in my quest. Most of them look good and presentable to buy but there is always this feeling of whether i am making a right decision or not. As for most of us this is one time investment and a lot of it is at stake. There are few questions that i ask everytime like

1) What is the biult up to carpet ratio?
    2) Connectivity
    3) Proximity with Grocery stores, Mall etc.
    4) Electricity and Water Supply
    5) Builders Reputation

I am sure there will be many more questions that needs to be asked. I request experience people to add up to the list so on my next visit i will have some more questions with me.

Regards,
    Tushar.

Re : Inquiries to be made while buying a flat

The first and foremost question to ask is:

Is this the right time to buy Flat in Pune? Looking at the current prices, its time to rent and not buy.

Comment

Man, the major enquiries are made not the builder but someone outside. Ask some rival builder about the project. Hey, it is not simple on face but sometimes need to provoke the saleschap to get precise info about other builders' project, sometimes it is done cunningly without his/her knowledge by twisting the questions. Ask the same questions in different formats. Just note not to pump excessively.
      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

check DP

In addition to your listed questions you need to think of following as well :

1) Is the connectivity with site is based on Some DP plan which may not come in reality ?
        2) School buses routes of you preferrd school in that area?
        3) What is the property rate .. is that inflated rate ? most probably you will see rpsf is hyped one !!
        4) What are parking , maintenance charges ?
        5) Is it one time maintenance charges in lakhs ? Be careful for one time maintenance charges ?
        6) What kind of parking is offered , covered / semi covered / open etc

hope there should be many more questions apart from some basic questions suggested by RAJESHP,realacres .
        Last edited February 17 2010, 12:23 PM. Reason: check

Comment

most important. Doublecheck the carpet area mentioned in the agreement and the actual carpet area of the flat. Carry a measuring tape with you always.

Comment

It is wrong to calculate built-up to carpet ratio. correct practice is to calculate the carpet to built-up ratio. This is very commonly used technique by builders to fool the buyers. e.g. if carpet area is 100 Sq Ft and Built-up is 125 sq Ft. Then this ratio should me mentioned as 25%. but when you take it other way around it comes out to be 20%. :-)

Comment

before you go for a site visit, check for that project on this site. That will give some more questions. And go thru some popular threads on this site.

And do question your need to buy a flat on a periodic basis, go thru some what-if scenarios in your mind. Might stress you out, but would be worth your money.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                I will surely keep this in mind. Other questions I think to ask is about papers of the property they are developing.
                I have been suggested Vanshaj - Rane Group by one of my friends, what are your thought about the builder?

Regards,
                Tushar.

Comment

If possible get the feedback from someone who has dealt with the builder under consideration... that is most authentic and correct information anybody could get..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X