HI All,

I am planning to buy a apartment in SUS Area, Pune in Pate Developer Life Montage project.

But there is one problem. The land is under graam Panchyat and still there is no good provision of drinking water.

The builder is promising that very soon the area will come under PMC but nothing is on paper.

I am very confused whether i should invest there or not.

Please share any information if you have about that area.

Thanks in advance.
Read more
Reply
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Builders make all sorts of promises - DO NOT TRUST them blindly . Please do a proper & realistic evaluation of the area yourselves before investing. I had been done the same promises in 2013 about how things will shape up in 2014 & still I do not see anything on paper. Most importantly check if you can be OK even if the promises are not met at all..

    Ask yourselves a few questions like this when buying outside PMC / PCMC ,
    ( Source : http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/541440-post129.html)

    1. Is the land in the jurisdiction of a Grampanchyat?
    2. Who would be tax assessment authority for the house as of today ? What is the sq foot tax assessment rate?
    3. Is this location scheduled to come in PMC or PCMC in the expected notifications in near future?
    4. Who would issue the completion certificate?
    5. When the land/building after possession goes to PMC, do you again need to get a completion certificate from PMC/PCMC?
    6. What is the builder doing for the drainage? (Saandpani vywastha)
    7. What is the supply for water ?
    8. How long would the builder maintain the premises and when shall hand over?
    9. Would the builder form a co-op society or execute apartment deed?
    10. Can you give a draft of the agreement in advance for review?
    11. What is the loading on the carpet area?
    12. What is the carpet area?
    13. How near is the nearest nullah to get rainwater out?
    14. Does the land get waterlogged in rainy season?
    15. Where is the nearest school? ( After a short while Little Pais would need to go to school)

    Cheeers !
    Kartik G Pai
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivam008
    HI All,

    I am planning to buy a apartment in SUS Area, Pune in Pate Developer Life Montage project.

    But there is one problem. The land is under graam Panchyat and still there is no good provision of drinking water.

    The builder is promising that very soon the area will come under PMC but nothing is on paper.

    I am very confused whether i should invest there or not.

    Please share any information if you have about that area.

    Thanks in advance.


    Since you say you want to invest, why not Ravet, Punawale or Tathawade. You will have the assurance that the area is within PCMC limits. Just stay away from Punawale Garbage depot area though.

    If for end use, seriously consider Wakad or PS if your budget is less than 5500 psft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    Since you say you want to invest, why not Ravet, Punawale or Tathawade. You will have the assurance that the area is within PCMC limits. Just stay away from Punawale Garbage depot area though.

    If for end use, seriously consider Wakad or PS if your budget is less than 5500 psft.


    Hi,

    Can you suggest me some good project in those area.

    I am new to that area.

    Thanks in advance.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivam008
    Hi,

    Can you suggest me some good project in those area.

    I am new to that area.

    Thanks in advance.


    Just search these forums, there are many projects that are in Punawale. People were talking about Ethos, siyona by pethkar builders, Shriyans, etc.

    There is "my home mh14 punawale", and pharande puneville. these are a bit further inside and may be close to garbage depot. both these are new launches, and might be risky due to garbage depot (if it ever comes up).

    There is Akshar elementa and palladio in Tathawade. Ravet has celestial city (that would be too far though).

    usual disclaimer.. these are under construction, and will have an element of risk associated with them. please read the offer documents carefully blah blah .. and do your due diligence.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivam008
    HI All,

    I am planning to buy a apartment in SUS Area, Pune in Pate Developer Life Montage project.

    But there is one problem. The land is under graam Panchyat and still there is no good provision of drinking water.

    The builder is promising that very soon the area will come under PMC but nothing is on paper.

    I am very confused whether i should invest there or not.

    Please share any information if you have about that area.

    Thanks in advance.


    Are you investor or end user ? Confused as you said the word INVEST & BUY both in the post.

    If you are an investor, I can't help as I don't think from that perspective of returns.
    If you are end user, don't buy in jungle. The villages merged in PMC several years back still have the PROPOSED/DP stuff pending.

    Tell the builder that you will make only 40% payment & balance 60% once the area falls in PMC & infra is developed. If builder agrees, you take the call, if not, avoid.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Are you investor or end user ? Confused as you said the word INVEST & BUY both in the post.

    If you are an investor, I can't help as I don't think from that perspective of returns.
    If you are end user, don't buy in jungle. The villages merged in PMC several years back still have the PROPOSED/DP stuff pending.

    Tell the builder that you will make only 40% payment & balance 60% once the area falls in PMC & infra is developed. If builder agrees, you take the call, if not, avoid.


    HI,

    I want the property for personal use.

    I think the investment word is creating confusion.

    I am the end user.

    Thanks for the advise.

    I will try that and lets see what comes out.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivam008
    HI All,

    I am planning to buy a apartment in SUS Area, Pune in Pate Developer Life Montage project.

    But there is one problem. The land is under graam Panchyat and still there is no good provision of drinking water.

    The builder is promising that very soon the area will come under PMC but nothing is on paper.

    I am very confused whether i should invest there or not.

    Please share any information if you have about that area.

    Thanks in advance.


    Buy a flat in resale. Probably a society or project which is more than 2 yrs old so you come to know all about the problems and missing approvals and legal stuff.

    Avoid under construction projects and avoid buying outside PMC or PCMC areas unless its a township. Dont trust any builder.

    If you are in IT then buy a 3BHK instead of a 2BHK and then work hard and try to get onsite and repay part of the loan. Its called leveraging your knowledge :)
    CommentQuote
  • What is your Budget ??
    Preferred area based on office school commuting etc...??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by herohiralal
    Buy a flat in resale. Probably a society or project which is more than 2 yrs old so you come to know all about the problems and missing approvals and legal stuff.

    Avoid under construction projects and avoid buying outside PMC or PCMC areas unless its a township. Dont trust any builder.

    If you are in IT then buy a 3BHK instead of a 2BHK and then work hard and try to get onsite and repay part of the loan. Its called leveraging your knowledge :)


    My experience says that getting an onsite has more to do with politics rather than knowledge.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivam008
    HI,

    I want the property for personal use.

    I think the investment word is creating confusion.

    I am the end user.

    Thanks for the advise.

    I will try that and lets see what comes out.


    Like I said earlier.. seriously consider RTM resale flat in PS and Wakad, if Aundh/Baner are out of budget. I would personally prefer Aundh/Baner, if I had the budget (and more importantly, value for money).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    My experience says that getting an onsite has more to do with politics rather than knowledge.


    Hi Sat, I disagree. IMO, attitude towards work and taking challenges are major factors.

    If one solve his client's problem or help him meet his goal and do that consistently, he would be onsite sooner than later. It's the customer who request services onsite not your manager
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sat234
    My experience says that getting an onsite has more to do with politics rather than knowledge.


    True :) Let me rephrase. Use your knowledge about politics and apply it to get onsite. Builder - Politician and Manager - Fresher nexus keeps RE bubble intact :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RP Pune
    Hi Sat, I disagree. IMO, attitude towards work and taking challenges are major factors.

    If one solve his client's problem or help him meet his goal and do that consistently, he would be onsite sooner than later. It's the customer who request services onsite not your manager


    that happens in an ideal scenario...
    CommentQuote
  • Sus is a very promising area.
    But the promise depend a lot on the road which connects directly to phase III.
    Right now the road is in very bad condition and not safe for travelling at all.
    Also no offences meant for the resident of SUS but there is a very bad reputation for the goons who roam the area.
    There have been many incidents of mugging, thefts and loots there. It is not at all safe right now.
    May be the situation might change in the future.
    CommentQuote