X
Collapse

School Reservation or Garden Reservation next to your society is good or bad

Last updated: August 15 2014
22 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : School Reservation or Garden Reservation next to your society is good or bad

At Blue Ridge, we do not have a garden close to towers but a golf course & the Blue Ridge school. The garden is near the river side. There is no disturbance from the golf course & minimal disturbance from the school in the morning which is limited to the school buses & few cars dropping the kids. The school is quite far from the towers, so there is no disturbance when kids are playing or shouting on the play ground or in the assembly area. As a parent, I cannot ask for more - to have a school at walking distance. But possible that the flats nearer to the school - only one single line of apartments, so around 25, hear more traffic noise in the morning. See the screenshot below to see the location of school with respect to the towers
    Attached Files

Comment

Re : School Reservation or Garden Reservation next to your society is good or bad

Every project is not like BR. BR being a township will organise things better.
      School next door makes its own cacophony for residents-assembly and PT noises,Rush of taxis,sixseaters,autos parked all over waiting for children pick up and drop.
      Gardens are any way better,unless it gets converted to people sitting and drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by pnq2012 View Post
        At Blue Ridge, we do not have a garden close to towers but a golf course & the Blue Ridge school. The garden is near the river side. There is no disturbance from the golf course & minimal disturbance from the school in the morning which is limited to the school buses & few cars dropping the kids. The school is quite far from the towers, so there is no disturbance when kids are playing or shouting on the play ground or in the assembly area. As a parent, I cannot ask for more - to have a school at walking distance. But possible that the flats nearer to the school - only one single line of apartments, so around 25, hear more traffic noise in the morning. See the screenshot below to see the location of school with respect to the towers
        I do agree with you. We even observed wisdom school in park street and didn't find it objectionable or nonsense. Even having a primary school near by (let it be walking distance or the adjacent plot) seems to be preferred choice for many of people I know.
        People buying flats or renting flats nearby euro kids (pink city road - wakad) is the example for the same.
        If you observe DAV in Aundh, I do agree that traffic gets stuck a little for some time (negligible amount of time) but I find it okay.

Now it's different topic that which kinda school you get and do you use the presence of school in close vicinity? I have friends who send their kids to Akshara all the way from Aundh and even park street (both have good schools very close) but I also have few friends who send their kids to near by school and anyone from home (who's free) can go to pick and drop kids from school. I agree that you get option of school bus and autos, but I prefer personal dropping and have emotional (not practical) reasons for the same.

I observed many gardens in pune and pcmc and I am completely against of having a public garden next to your flat/society. We were getting a resale deal in Akashganga (in PS) for a 3.5 bhk (going very cheap) facing public garden but we considered this as a negative (there are other negatives of this society but garden facing was the biggest for said flat). Even though it was on 4th floor, when we visited the flat, everyone from the garden was staring at us in the balcony. Trust me, many people don't even know about the presence of this garden yet as it's very new and fresh still there were some nonsense creatures and elements.

As per me, there's only one benefit of having a garden next/near is - you can have chat or omelette anytime and you don't need to pull put your bike or car for the same.

Comment

Originally posted by vaibav123 View Post
          Super-luxury schools are OK. These tend to be very small and mind their own business.
          Parents will come to pick and drop in Mercedes benz and hell for other road users.Keep far away as possible from schools.
          During assembly you will relearn our national anthem(good thing to happen-stand in attention when you hear this respected song)
          During PT you will also do PT at home hearing the whistles and loud commands-good for calorie loss and bad for hearing when children and other function raise decibel level.
          Small garden is any way better.
          My observation on Super-luxury school was based on what I see of the Merc Benz school at Hinjewadi Phase I.

It is a small school (Fees are 5+ lakhs per annum, so not surprising). I have never observed any traffic jam or nuisance due to the school.

Comment

sudahbahu,
            My comment about traffic jams in front of many schools diid not refer to Mercedes Benz school in any way.
            Come to Dhanori and see Mar Theophilus school to see a jam,.
            Similarly in Cantonment area one convent school _bishops has massive traffic for dropping and picking up children.
            Our people have no basic traffic sense regardless of how qualified he/she is.Infra does not cster for so many vehicles anyway.
            All in all,road tends to get blocked by vehicles hindering free movement of people and other vehicles,

Comment

And see the largest irony of it all! The most expensive piece of real estate in Pune (Trump Towers in KalyaniNagar) shares some amazing surrounding:

1) One side school - Bishops. Impossible to travel when cars arrive & depart
              2) Opposite side - Mullick grounds. All kinds of functions, including marriages, fireworks, car sales &....circus.
              3) Tall sky kissing towers also ensure you are close to the planes taking off & landing. So you can hear them better.

And to get settled amidst all this you have to pay (rumored) 22000 / sq ft!! Flat sizes (rumored) are upwards of 8000 sq ft each. Can only imagine the running costs.

So what we say is bad....the people who are paying 18-19 Cr do not think so.

Cheers!

Comment

GARDEN ANYTIME MAN. The place my dad stays has a very well reputed school. Previous the entrace was at other side but now they created new one closer to his house[100 yards]. Guess what it is nightmare. Especially people who come to drop and pickup.horrible. People are so insane they park their vechile directly in front of your bungalow gates. No civic sense. The whole road is jam packed. And then the instruations ans othe nuisance.
                Garden some one has raised some issues. But they are not that big. Scoprio chaps do not go to garden. They have other avenues. Same is the case with cards and people drinking liquor. That was the norm in olden days not now.
                With GARDEN you will enjoy your mornings and evenings. The greenery feels very pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Karan Dheer View Post
                  And see the largest irony of it all! The most expensive piece of real estate in Pune (Trump Towers in KalyaniNagar) shares some amazing surrounding:

1) One side school - Bishops. Impossible to travel when cars arrive & depart
                  2) Opposite side - Mullick grounds. All kinds of functions, including marriages, fireworks, car sales &....circus.
                  3) Tall sky kissing towers also ensure you are close to the planes taking off & landing. So you can hear them better.

And to get settled amidst all this you have to pay (rumored) 22000 / sq ft!! Flat sizes (rumored) are upwards of 8000 sq ft each. Can only imagine the running costs.

So what we say is bad....the people who are paying 18-19 Cr do not think so.

Cheers!
                  I think people who bought there thought they can catch a flying plane and save time

Comment

Originally posted by vhaldavnekar View Post
                    GARDEN ANYTIME MAN. The place my dad stays has a very well reputed school. Previous the entrace was at other side but now they created new one closer to his house[100 yards]. Guess what it is nightmare. Especially people who come to drop and pickup.horrible. People are so insane they park their vechile directly in front of your bungalow gates. No civic sense. The whole road is jam packed. And then the instruations ans othe nuisance.
                    Garden some one has raised some issues. But they are not that big. Scoprio chaps do not go to garden. They have other avenues. Same is the case with cards and people drinking liquor. That was the norm in olden days not now.
                    With GARDEN you will enjoy your mornings and evenings. The greenery feels very pleasant.
                    What if it would have been a garden instead of a school? What's the difference you are thinking?
                    In schools, people come to pick and drop, and in gardens? They wait, roam, play, jog etc. So what takes more time if you don't have other place to park your vehicle?

Almost all the societies in Pune have and will have Garden of their own so please don't count it as an amenity/need/requirement/feature/USP.

Anyways, I'll suggest you to keep a watchman and a board saying 'No Parking In Front Of The Gate' (that's what people do for societies to avoid parking in front of the gate).

Comment

For me, best not to have any public place nearby, be it school (big no & +1 to Karan Dheer for Vaastu perspective) or garden (as most are ill-maintained & used mostly by junks) or whatever.

I would rather prefer maintained amenities of adjoining societies.
                      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X