Collapse

Special Township Projects

Last updated: July 4 2014
17 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Special Township Projects

lol.. you got to first step of it.. "World Class Homes".. spanish? japanese? which style of homes you'll provide to INDIANS?

Comment

I do not think that Township is a failed concept in Pune.
      Infact they are the need of the hour and and are encouraged by the government.

Recycling waste, garbage collection, water harvesting, sewage treatment are well taken care of in township projects which can take burden off the corporation. Corporation is anyways inefficient in this field.

Self sustained township model is still a far fetched dream but still these township projects have lot to offer.

The drawback is that these townships are planned in far flung areas and still exorbitantly priced.
      With high prices and large inventory which comes with these townships make the sales slow and hence looks failed concept.

If pricing is correct they can sell like hot cakes as they promise better lifestyle for family

Comment

@pnq2012 Eventually all projects will be sold out (world population target for 2020 is 9 billion and we arent going to Moon or Mars till then...), sales is not a single parameter of success or failure, but shameless manipulation and fine tuning to achieve record profits on behest of inconvenience to Buyers and not delivering what is promised is a failure.

@Kingmanish Large tracts of land are available only on outskirts of city, center of city remains fragmented, is horizontal growth more sustainable than vertical growth? what happens we run out of fossil fuels or they become exorbitant(with renewable fuels horizon still not in sight)? how would you commute 30 kms to city center ( I am teaching Horse riding to my children) ? 100+acre can be bought by whom ( go deeper into ownership and investors of these developers)? why not do the zoning in surrounding areas on priority? FSI concept is the biggest scam, Hyderabad has been freed from clutches of FSI and see the feasibility.
        Last edited July 2 2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebus View Post
          @anil and @pnq, thanks alot for the indepth analysis and suggestions. Going through the forums still, and it is very interesting. And yes, I assure you, I will become a good builder, providing world class homes!
          Wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by anildc View Post
            @pnq2012 Eventually all projects will be sold out (world population target for 2020 is 9 billion and we arent going to Moon or Mars till then...), sales is not a single parameter of success or failure, but shameless manipulation and fine tuning to achieve record profits on behest of inconvenience to Buyers and not delivering what is promised is a failure.
            Agree 100% with you but that is a separate discussion altogether. Sadly, corruption, lack of professionalism and lack of integrity is rooted in our culture & affects most of our daily lives, not just the real estate.

Personally, based on my experience, I get better lifestyle in a township than in the city. Both PMC and PCMC cannot cope up with the increasing population and cannot offer citizens the basic necessities.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebus View Post
              @RRRAO, no no, nothing to do with my final year project. This is because of the fact that I want to be a developer someday, so just want to learn the views of my fellow members!
              To be a developer, you don't need to know about township. What you need is to hire services of clock party & then; Eureka, you can have township even inside Pashan lake.
              Even Shaniwarwada can be developed using balance FSI.

Btw, coming back to topic on serious note, township is nothing but a sham.
              No matter what builders' say, they depend on local Govt for following :-

> Approach road,
              > Water (yes, Nanded City has taken water line directly from Khadakvasla which should be illegal but who bothers when the clock party is busy in 70,000 Cr irrigation scam ),
              > Electricity, again on MSEDCL.

So entire infra is based on local govt. Now what is there for builder is to only maintain internal premises by charging a bomb to the buyers. No what's special in this ?? Don't builders who build project of 100-200 flats maintain it till society is formed ?

And if townships would have been indeed wonderful, why is Amanora only 30% done while KUL is scrapping 1 township out of 2 they have ?? Think man.....

What we need today is planned 'Satellite Smart Cities' & not private townships here & there, most good for only aadivasis & tarzans.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Just wanna add the following news :-

Lack of clearance, incentives slows down township projects

Lack of clearance, incentives slows down township projects | The Indian Express
                If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

to me Townships are like private estate (jahagir) for the builders
                  basically pension plan for themselves and gold egg laying hen for their future generations

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X