Cost for flat modification

Last updated: July 9 2014
24 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Cost for flat modification

How can it be used?
    People may slip and fall into the closet.

Comment

At this stage of work, you or your builder have only one quick, easy and cheap option available - provide a step up and then fir an Indian style commode which is good in usability, so don't worry about it.
      On the comment of "Indian is cheaper" - this is not the case - you get the commode (pot) at lesser price but fitting a wall mounted piece is more convenient and economical for builders. See the attached image and you will come to know why builder provides wall mounted pots instead of floor mounted.

Again, here, there are lesser chances of leakages and seepage in wall mounted types and maintenance is easy - doesn't harm tiles or water proofing to change anything.

Don't worry man, get it done through builder (of course with a concession - he'll give it, not to worry just go and negotiate).
      Check out if you can align the direction of facing while sitting on the pot such that you don't face towards SOUTH then it'll be great and VAASTU complaint (As you have option of choosing one of the two directions).

Comment

Investwest, IIRC as per Vastu one should not face EAST while doing the deed on toilet. Ideally the toilets should be in SOuth West corner. Facing the SOUTH direction while on the toilet doesn't matter.

Comment

AFAIK, SOUTH is direction of YAMA and one should not sit for morning job facing YAMA.
          When I searched on net to check if my understanding is correct - I found this link - Vastu Interior for Toilet | Toilets | Bathroom | Bathrooms | Vastu and Interior Design for Bath Room | Interior Design as Per Vastu | Vastu | Vastu Tips | Vastu Shastra | Vastu Shastra Tips | Vastu Shastra for Office | Vastu Shastra in Hindi | Vastu

Someone has same views as mine.

Comment

"W.C should always be on the Southeast/ Northwest Side and facing North/South."

I am getting a lot of such references. Also, I remember clearly reading somewhere that one should not face East while on the toilet.

Also, OP, people pay to convert indian commode to english, and here you are getting it by default. I will suggest you to use it for some time, and if you still feel need for Indian, then do so at your own cost. It will cost similar to 25k, maybe marginally more.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruth View Post
              "W.C should always be on the Southeast/ Northwest Side and facing North/South."
              It should be in NW-West quadrant & not SE. Direction of WC should be North-South.
              Btw, good to see members getting aware of this wonderful science.
              Hope builders in MH respond to it like the builders in Chennai, Hyderabad to some extent Bangalore do.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruth View Post

Also, OP, people pay to convert indian commode to english, and here you are getting it by default. I will suggest you to use it for some time, and if you still feel need for Indian, then do so at your own cost. It will cost similar to 25k, maybe marginally more.

Basically, I am from small village where people don't know how to use western commode. So I want to keep one as western for my personal use and other as Indian for my relatives who may come often

Comment

Originally posted by 2bhkhome View Post
                  Basically, I am from small village where people don't know how to use western commode. So I want to keep one as western for my personal use and other as Indian for my relatives who may come often
                  I agree with your view point, you and your family will get used to for new commode but how about relatives visiting you from your native?
                  One of my friend also did it in his flat though the builder, I'll check with him about the cost.

Comment

In that case, you can get the builder to build an Indian toilet. 25k seems to be on higher side though, but you can't do anything. Ask him to deduct the english toilet + seat cost from the amount (the flush tank will be same). Also, go for Hindware brand only, as the Indian toilet is quite big in that brand and is perfect size. Don't buy too small for obvious reasons.

On Hindware, IIRC, you will get 20% / 25% discount on MRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Karan Dheer View Post
                      Can't the commode be western but used as Indian?
                      ha ha ha really hilarious

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X