Collapse

Searching home for retired parents

Last updated: September 26 2017
31 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Searching home for retired parents

Guys I am in the process of finalising this row house for my parents.Before finalising I would be grateful if the expert members could reflect upon it and provide me the correct price and suitability of this property .thanks in advance..

Resale 3 bhk row house, approximately 1500 sqft built up area and 1200 sq ft carpet area...semi furnished, one sided common wall..airy, sunny, rainy and cool east facing terrace.

No of Bathrooms: 3
    Flooring: Vitrified Tiles
    Parking Available: 4 Wheeler Parking: Covered
    2 Wheeler Parking: Covered
    Ownership Type: Freehold
    Other Specification: With Dining Space
    Amenities: 24 hour Electricity Backup,Play Area,Security staff

Comment

Hi,

even if your parents are hale and hearty as I hope so.
      I would advice you to look into the factor of nearness of a suitable hospital

for easy access of health care.

also proximity of a relative to visit them in between.

Comment

Noble hospital will be reasonably close in case of emergencies.
        Health is the real wealth,but one should keep idea of nearby doctors and hospital especially when elders are around.

Comment

vinodg,

Please do consider the neighbourhood also. If there are DINK people in majority, your parents will get bored. You need to buy at a place where FAMILIES live. Most importantly, it will be good if you can rent the place in same project or nearby & let your parents get a feel of how the surroundings are. If they are comfortable, buy, else avoid.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Thank you for your positive replies!
            @Sansei, hospitals are near by and that was the most important criteria for me.
            Couple of my relatives have flats in the same project.
            @Realacres, this project is fully residential and crowd is not DINK people but mostly families are staying there.

From all aspects it's good for my parents.Though I am not sure about its utility for me in future if I decide to come back to Pune considering the locality .
            Kindly help me to deduce the correct price of this row house.Senior members please help!
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

If your relatives stay here & residents are family types, I think you will be comfortable buying a house here for your parents.
              Now if you don't plan to stay here yourself, why buy 3BR then ? For your parents, 2BR should suffice. Infact, I would rather say either buy 2BR here & save some money or buy 2BR in much better locality.
              Frankly, I can't give any pricing per se for this area as I am not tracking Handewadi area.
              If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

hi,

i inquired in 2013, new 3BHK row house in dreams elena project in handewadi. it was coming around 75L inclusive. i backed out due to location needs huge improvement & more congested.

Anyway, I stay abroad and i also bought 3bhk row house recently. I stayed there during my vacation with my parents for 1 month. Honestly parents will not go 1st floor at all and it will be like 1BHK for parents. This is just fyi.

good luck.

Comment

Any particular reason to buy row-house for your parents? It will be very difficult for them to do up-down on stairs and untimately, uppper floor will not get used.

More importantly, row-house means multiple entrance points and more doors to be locked every night. Also, they themselves have to take care all repair work of house.

I think, flat will be best suited for senior citizens. One door to locl, security system and apartment committee to take care maintenance.

Comment

Flats are more suitable for Senior citizens.
                    Nearby hospitals,medical shops and daily requirements to be met.
                    Help for domestic work.
                    Secured premises-nil valuables like gold etc
                    Society should have guards,back up light for common areas and back up at home.
                    Presence of own children nearby or with parents is the best thing possible and is the duty of every child.
                    Leave at noticeable place-phone number of family doctor and medicines,allergies etc.
                    Good neighbours will be advantageous.
                    Look after parents in their sunset years.
                    Selection of flat and location is of greatest importance.

Comment

Athashri project has one scheme specifically for senior citizen.
                      don't remember the details though

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X