Omega Elevators Lifts

Last updated: August 13 2014
27 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Omega Elevators Lifts

kk12345,
    His comments were on the lighter side,with a bit of exercise message.
    We sit in front of computers and work most of our time and find ourselves seat bound.
    Some exercise will do our system good.
    However your caution regarding the elevator is understood,but problem which happens is builders decide what elevator to put in the building.
    Can we drop out of a project which is otherwise good just because Omega lifts are installed?

Comment

We are also having bad experience with Omega lifts, we are contemplating of replacing it with our own money as its very unreliable.

The other point is that the lift may be cheaper to buy but servicing and spare is very costly.
      Last edited July 28 2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Vaibhav,
        Yes, you need to drop out of that project as well since Lift is the most important part of the project. Builders save money by putting such cheap product like Omega lifts. Good builders will always go for good brand of lifts. We can certainly judge the builder by seeing what type of branded things he has used in the project. Lift is one of them. By putting cheap lifts they are putting our life in danger. There are various fatal incidents happening in these local kind of lifts.
        Problem with Omega is that they have a their plant in ahmedabad and if some part is damaged then they sent it to ahemedabad which takes lot of time to reinstall that part again. But the service of Kone, Schindler and Otis brands is very very fast.

Avoid where Omega lifts installed.

Comment

awarebuyers,

May you please tell us what went wrong with omega lifts in your case?

Comment

Please read the full thread. I have already mentioned it.

Comment

@vaibhav123: Thanks for understanding my point.

@awarebuyers: I can understand your feelings. But how can buyers ensure that Omega lifts are not used in project. Most of the people buy under construction flats. Builder never mentions brand clearly. As per my experience in specifications mostly they use statement like "Lifts of Kone or equivalent brands" or " High Speed Automatic Elevators of Renowned Manufacture". And many times builders change specifications without informing.

So if anybody unfortunately gets Omega lifts , instead of getting angry/ frustrated or feeling cheated, he/she should be thankful to the God for getting lifetime free membership of Gym called Stairs.

Comment

Hello kk12345,

If you are staying at the 9th floor. Will you walk everyday if the lift is not working?
                Will your parents walk to a 9th floor? Will you take your children to 9th floor by stairs every time? Will it be frustrating for you? Answer this all questions.

I don't understand why are you in favor of Omega. I am just making people aware of this cheap lift. Its their decision to buy flat or not where Omega is installed. We need to tell builders that you have installed Omega and that's why I am not gonna buy flat here. Builders should realized that Omega brand that they have put in is not liked by the peoples.

Everybody should take in writing which lift the builder is going to install.

There are hell lot of bad experiences of the people of Pune with Omega lifts.

Thanks

Comment

Hello awarebuyers,

I am not in favour of omega lifts or any other brand of lift.
                  Show me the single builder who gives it in writing. What can the customer do if builder doesn't install promised lift. He can not give away flat when the registration procedures and everything is already done. Even if builder agrees to return money against flat booked 1 or 2 years back, it will be big loss in terms of interest on money, appreciation in RE prices etc.

Comment

Omega lifts are indeed hopeless. Infact, if you see any real premium or luxury project, you won't find Omega lifts.
                    Even in upmarket commercial spaces, there isn't Omega.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Yes, they are indeed hopeless. If you see their service, they usually takes 15-20 days to just replace/change the part but on the other side Kone, OTIS or Schindler companies will replace it as soon as possible if needs to. Omega is a very small and local brand. Small and cheap builders will go for it.

I request who ever is reading this post and trying to buy flat that 'Please confirm what brand of lift builder is going to install by any means'. It should not be Omega or any other local brand. KONE, OTIS, Schindler are better and best. This is about your life security.
                      Last edited August 13 2014, 10:00 PM. Reason: Shouting, Caps Lock, Overuse of Bold and Coloured Text

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X