1. What is the typical wind direction in Pune? I see people generally buy south west open/facing flats assuming wind comes from that direction. However I have practically observed that wind blows from North to south? I know that it is not always flowing in the same direction through out the year, but what is the majority of the time the wind blows in?
Read more
22 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Never the same direction all the time, but there is a pattern.

Best place to get real data:

http://www.windfinder.com/windreports/windkarte_india.htm
    CommentQuote
  • Wind flow is good if there is open space around. If there are buildings on all sides, wind won't flow even if your flat is open on 3 sides!!
    CommentQuote
  • Now Pune builders can add one more amenity for their project "Wind Friendly Design/ Flats" and add rs 100/sq more.
    CommentQuote
  • As per PBAP new guidelines, wind flow will be charged as 10 Rs per qubic feet in your flat!!! (Quite possible in near future!)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit3011
    As per PBAP new guidelines, wind flow will be charged as 10 Rs per qubic feet in your flat!!! (Quite possible in near future!)

Hmmm....maybe Rohan Leher will implement this first:p. Flats with wind!! Phase2 will be flats with hurricane:D.
    CommentQuote
  • There is Rama group's Air Castles - "live with natural air conditioning" is its tinge line.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by puser
    There is Rama group's Air Castles - "live with natural air conditioning" is its tinge line.

Does it mean they won't construct anything :p. Charo taraf hava hi hava:D
    CommentQuote
  • So five side open flats :D
    CommentQuote
  • Zinnea in Bavdhan has already implemented this. Cool breeze on 3-4th floor and also peacock dance.

Originally Posted by realacres
    Hmmm....maybe Rohan Leher will implement this first:p. Flats with wind!! Phase2 will be flats with hurricane:D.
    CommentQuote
  • Orange County at Baner-Pashan link road has a windmill on the terrace whose blades never move:D & there is the Windmill Village at Bavdhan too!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Orange County at Baner-Pashan link road has a windmill on the terrace whose blades never move:D & there is the Windmill Village at Bavdhan too!!

Thats just a fan to show the wind direction.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lazybone007
    Thats just a fan to show the wind direction.

But they clearly mentioned that to go green, they are generating power from windmill:p. Ofcourse, I know this is a gimmick though!
    CommentQuote
  • OK - enough funny comments... I repeat... does anyone what is the general wind direction in Pune?

PS - I have observed that lot of people just come here to make wise cracks - unlike other professional forums like team-bhp. May be this place is devoid of any mods
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kia99
    OK - enough funny comments... I repeat... does anyone what is the general wind direction in Pune?

It depends up on area and in locality; there is no fixed direction.

As RA mentioned, if your house is having enough open sapce; wind will blow. I have been to one project in Wanaworie where large army land is open to their balconies; so nice breeze blows in homes. Also higher floors have larger air circulation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kia99
    what is the general wind direction in Pune?

Dear kia,
    Hope this could help you:
    http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/43063.html
    CommentQuote