• Show
Clear All

• which part of pune is better for investment

hi
    i want all yours viewpoint on which part of pune is better for investment:
    hinjewadi side or magarpatta city side.
    echaos

Re : which part of pune is better for investment

I did a simple study. I went to HDFC and asked them if there was a clear pattern emerging of home loan disbursements for various areas in Pune.

He said that after doing a property survey, they decided to open a HDFC branch in West of Pune (which came up on Baner Road). And as per him, the results have been really amazing. West of Pune is doing more property transactions than all other areas of pune combined together !!
    So, there you go ..

My opinion:
    Magarpatta would depend on IT for growth. We dont know how stable that is gonna be.
    So, hinjewadi side should be a better choice, for:
    - IT
    - Auto Cluster
    - Proximity to mumbai
    - New airport (if that ever comes up)

Again, investing in Hinjewadi area might be slightly risky, as Pune city is far off from there, and it is outside PMC. So, again there is too much of IT dependence.
    Hence, from a balanced-risk perspective, I would think of Baner as a good option (PMC limits, close to hinjewadi, close to mumbai highway, good connectivity to city, east access to aundh area).

Again, your decision may differ depending on your priorities, risk-appetite, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by echaos View Post
      hi
      i want all yours viewpoint on which part of pune is better for investment:
      hinjewadi side or magarpatta city side.
      If you are looking from investment perspective, entire Pune RE is crap.
      If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

realacres
        any reason for such a high levels of cynicism
        echaos

Comment

hi priyaramani
          thanks for your reply...even i think so...but now days baner is going out of hands in terms of affordability...so u can call wakad as poor man's aundh
          echaos

Comment

so u can call wakad as poor man's aundh
            haha

I too have invested in Baner ...I had both the objectives in mind. Living there for 3-4 years, and seeing it appreciate well over this period.

And dear realacres ..that was the reason for choosing the other side of the highway. I know u hate to hear this again, and you hate any positive outlook on RE (with some valid reasons of course).
            But that's a call I took.

Comment

realacres
              Because Investments can give you -ve returns as well, its not always you invest and make profits, life would be so easy in that case right?
              I just hope that you have done market study to your satisfaction before you have decided to invest.

All the best for your investment.

Originally posted by priyamramani View Post
              I did a simple study. I went to HDFC and asked them if there was a clear pattern emerging of home loan disbursements for various areas in Pune.

He said that after doing a property survey, they decided to open a HDFC branch in West of Pune (which came up on Baner Road). And as per him, the results have been really amazing. West of Pune is doing more property transactions than all other areas of pune combined together !!
              So, there you go ..
              First post without the key words "Rohan" and "Leher" congratulations.

Comment

realacres
                This is what I found after banging my head for good 3 years in Pune RE. For investment, it is big no no. Anyways, you can suggest your enemy to invest here though. Btw, do you want to become your own enemy?

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
                  This is what I found after banging my head for good 3 years in Pune RE.
                  you have wasted quite a bit of time !!
                  Many properties worth less than 2000 Rs. psf at that time are around 5000 Rs. psf now

Comment

Originally posted by priyamramani View Post
                    you have wasted quite a bit of time !!
                    Many properties worth less than 2000 Rs. psf at that time are around 5000 Rs. psf now
                    You mean to say Aundh was 2k/sq ft in 2007? And guess what, some properties today are available at less rates than what were quoted in 2007!! Eg. A person who bought at Sapphire Park by Amit spent INR 15L more than his counterpart who bought in 2009.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X