Last updated: November 20 2014
7 | Posts
1004 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

I bought 1 bhk before my marriage ,my wife never stayed in flat
    we got separated,now she put paper notice in jan that she have objection for flat

when ever I try to sell my flat somebody tells other party wife have litigation
    what should I do

Re : Need advice

There are many legal issues which come up in such marital disputes.
    It would be ideal to consult a family lawyer on such issues.
    Laws are in favour of women in such matters.
    Tread with care and take legal advice only.

Comment

Contacting ex wife and her family and get the matter resolved is best and quickest solution.
      Does she has her name in agreement, must not be the case as you mentioned you bought it before marriage.
      What were the terms of your divorce? Did you officially divorced her or you just decided to stay separate?
      If you divorced, what were the terms for it? Is she independent - does job? or you are ordered to provide her some per month kinda or property share?

Your explanation lack these details.

Comment

flat taken before marriage
        we are only separated
        contracting her will take matter worse as she is stubborn

Comment

well, this is a difficult situation but as soon as you get married - wify gets 50% right in all your belongings and properties by default - thanks to our one sided laws.
          If you are planning for a divorce then keep good terms and get divorced peacefully so that you wont face any such issues in future.
          If you are not planning for such an extreme step (I wish you should not) then nothing harm in waiting for this matter to get settled - property price will get hiked at least by some percentage in all this waiting period.

Comment

Legal advice is better.
            what i seen is that it is better to get divorced than stay separated. I have seen my in-laws separated for years and after my father-in-law's death, all his property (hospital in prime area in bhubaneswar coming to crores of rs) transferred to a trust. And my mother-in-law does not get anything. (and consequently I get nothing :-) ). So some unkown lazy doc gets to rule the place or government will take over. Each case is different, and hence as suggested in earlier posts, better get legal advice.
            A house is a dream, hunting for one is a nightmare.

Comment

dude
              if property is self acquired then only wife gets 50% else not at all

Comment

Please seek a lawyer rather than consulting on the forum.

I don't think wife becomes owner of 50% of all your belongings in case of a divorce.

All she is eligible for is alimony. I am sure her name is not there on flat.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X