Last updated: April 19 2020
10 | Posts
1249 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Issue Charges Pune

Hi Friends,
    I am faced with a peculiar situation w.r.t maintenance and common area charges.I have searched the forum but couldn't find this scenario. Here are the details

- I am currently residing in a small project of 6 row houses ,in which only 1 row house (occupied by me ) is sold and remaining 5 are with builder . I have given builder X amount as maintenance in Aug '13 when I got possession.
    - The electricity for the common area has been coming high since last 2 months(billing cycle Sept 24th-Oct 24th ,Oct 25th –Nov 25th ),however I just started living there since Diwali
    - The common area electricity mainly consists of the electric motor used to pump water to the individual water tanks
    - The builder took care of the common expenses over the past year, as well as high electricity bill of last month (Sept-Oct)
    - However he is asking me to take care of the high electricity bill of period Oct –Nov , saying the consumption is high after you have moved in
    - After proper investigation with the motor guys ,I found that there was issue with the valve due to which the motor was taking lot of time to pump water
    - Even after explaining this to the builder he is blaming me saying that you should have monitored the motor/watchman closely and you havent taken any initiative

So friends ,need help with what should be done.Technicall as I understand it ,the amount should be divided by 6 even though the flats are unsold.Moreover this is also not related to any high consumption on my side
    Thanks in advance
    Wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New year
    Regards,

Re : Maintenance Issue Charges Pune

This amount should be divided into 6 units.

One unit is occupied by you and rest 6 are with the builder. So you pay 1/6 th part and let builder pay 5/6 th part

Comment

if you paid for the maintenance in advance - it's 100% builders duty to maintain everything. If your payment period is over then everything should get divided to 6 parts and one part of you needs to be paid by you.
      Who's this crook builder and which project is this?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.Its a small time builder only

Comment

Originally posted by househunt12 View Post
          Thanks for the replies.Its a small time builder only
          Knew it when read your post. Fatichar builder.
          Agree with members above, you need not pay anything if advance maintenance was paid & if the period is over, then you pay only 1/6th of it. And tell this to him clearly, else tomorrow, builder will even ask you to pay his kirana bill.
          If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
            Knew it when read your post. Fatichar builder.
            Agree with members above, you need not pay anything if advance maintenance was paid & if the period is over, then you pay only 1/6th of it. And tell this to him clearly, else tomorrow, builder will even ask you to pay his kirana bill.
            Ensure all your communication is by registered post only, even if the builder stays next door to you. Verbal communication is like fart. It will catch the other persons attention for some time, but will be forgotten soon

Comment

Is society formed? Is conveyance done?

Comment

Yes ..deed of apartment has been done for my house alone

Comment

Originally posted by lazybone007 View Post
                  Ensure all your communication is by registered post only, even if the builder stays next door to you. Verbal communication is like fart. It will catch the other persons attention for some time, but will be forgotten soon
                  Hi,
                  Happy New Year
                  Lazy bone - Liked your idea on registered post ...Are you saying to send him a notice through a advocate or just frame my own letter and send through registered post

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by househunt12 View Post
                    Hi,
                    Happy New Year
                    Lazy bone - Liked your idea on registered post ...Are you saying to send him a notice through a advocate or just frame my own letter and send through registered post
                    No need to send letter through advocate. You can simply write or take a print out of it and send it through registered post. This is only for simple reason that registered post document is considered as proof of communication in court, just incase you need to approach court later. Builder should not get excuse that you didn't communicate to him, hence reg post.
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X