Hello,

Me and my wife are in the US and have given Power of Attorney to my father-in-law towards registration of a flat in Pune. During the registration process, by mistake, only my wife's name was put as the sole owner of the flat. Is there a way to add my name to the registration agreement without going through the whole registration process again? I learn that we can get a correction deed done on the old registration. However, I searched on internet and found that correction deed has been done only for minor changes like spelling mistakes on name, mistakes in property details, etc. Can something as important like home ownership be changed just by a correction deed? This is a one time thing for me and my wife and we want the whole procedure to be done as correctly as possible.

Any response, feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dhruv
Read more
Reply
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Dhruv
    Hello,

    Me and my wife are in the US and have given Power of Attorney to my father-in-law towards registration of a flat in Pune. During the registration process, by mistake, only my wife's name was put as the sole owner of the flat. Is there a way to add my name to the registration agreement without going through the whole registration process again? I learn that we can get a correction deed done on the old registration. However, I searched on internet and found that correction deed has been done only for minor changes like spelling mistakes on name, mistakes in property details, etc. Can something as important like home ownership be changed just by a correction deed? This is a one time thing for me and my wife and we want the whole procedure to be done as correctly as possible.

    Any response, feedback is very much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Dhruv

    Dear Dhruv,
    To add a name you need to carry out a Correction Deed which unfortunately requires repayment of entire Stamp Duty again.
    CommentQuote
  • Nice to see someone from realestate to help or advise the customer instead of writing good things about the projects.

    Good job JItu Sir.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh8442
    Nice to see someone from realestate to help or advise the customer instead of writing good things about the projects.

    Good job JItu Sir.



    Let me also take this opportunity to appreciate Jitu's participation here on the forum. This shows his passion for Real estate.

    The difference between other builder/broker agents flocking this forum and Jitu is quite distinctively visible.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks

    Thanks for the prompt reply, Jitu! You doing a wonderful job here.

    Best!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear mahesh, rajesh & dhruv,
    Thanks for your appreciation. Its a pleasure to extend my help based on my limited knowlege on RE.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Jitu sir

    Dear Jitu sir,
    I am looking out for a 2 bhk in PS, PG area. The builders are asking 40 lacs for it. Do you have any scheme in mind. My budget is around 25 to 30 lacs all inclusive. Could you help me out
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Benjamin
    Dear Jitu sir,
    I am looking out for a 2 bhk in PS, PG area. The builders are asking 40 lacs for it. Do you have any scheme in mind. My budget is around 25 to 30 lacs all inclusive. Could you help me out

    Dear benjamin,
    I am not much aware about PS, PG area. The only scheme I know is of Kalpataru Estates. I dont know their costing but they are known for their quality. I will try to get some info and will share asap.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jitu_Sir
    Dear Dhruv,
    To add a name you need to carry out a Correction Deed which unfortunately requires repayment of entire Stamp Duty again.

    Thanks for the info Jitu:). Good to see you here as well.

    Btw, one my friend got a wrong parking alloted to him. Then the builder simply carried out a correction deed on INR 100 stamp duty paper & that's all. So, does there exists some difference between one correction deed to other?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Thanks for the info Jitu:). Good to see you here as well.

    Btw, one my friend got a wrong parking alloted to him. Then the builder simply carried out a correction deed on INR 100 stamp duty paper & that's all. So, does there exists some difference between one correction deed to other?

    Dear realacres,
    Thanks for your appreciation.
    You had said it right. For minor corrections like spelling mistakes in agreement/ indexII a nominal correction deed on 100 stamp paper is sufficient. But when there is addition of name(change in ownership), change in agreement cost(consideartion value) it is considered as major change and requires correction deed with entire(change in ownership) or additional(change in consideration value) stamp duy to be paid again.
    This info is based on a case in samrajya when we enquired with the sub-registrar.
    CommentQuote
  • The registration will be as if the property is sold and reregistered. However, if the cost shown is same, I don't think you need to pay additional stamp duty, becauser as Jitu mentioned above, change in agreement cost(consideartion value) is zero. You will need to pay for the registration cost, and if the property is under loan, then it will be very difficult as it is already mortgaged to the bank.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ani_meher
    The registration will be as if the property is sold and reregistered. However, if the cost shown is same, I don't think you need to pay additional stamp duty, becauser as Jitu mentioned above, change in agreement cost(consideartion value) is zero. You will need to pay for the registration cost, and if the property is under loan, then it will be very difficult as it is already mortgaged to the bank.

    Dear animeher,
    Your point is valid, but sometimes the agreement value changes when there is some revision in building plan which results in addition or reduction in areas. This is very much possible even after mortgage of the said flat. In such case we need to carry out correction deed for revised area of the flat and pay additional stamp duty for the rise in consideration value.
    CommentQuote
  • and case is not only the transaction value , its change in the ownership also.
    CommentQuote
  • As per my lawyer, you have to create a 'deed of assignment', where you will have to pay up the duties etc. So I think Jitu's point is valid.
    CommentQuote