Hi, I have a flat in Malpani greens and have received the property tax of Rs. 32,000 per year for last 2 years. I would like know if anyone stays in Wakad or around and if so what is the property tax you are paying for a 3BHK apartment.

To me 32,000 looks too high for an apartment and wondering if I am being charged more for any reason.
Read more
Reply
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I know nearby areas in Chinchwad are having to pay upto 20K. But 32 K is very high. It may be right..
    On the other hand, if you register the property in your wife/mother/daughter's name as first name, then you can save 50% on property tax. (I think PCMC only)
    CommentQuote
  • 1. Double check the amount with your neighbors in Malpani Greens only.
    2. There's no such benefit of 50% discount - only 10% discount that you can anyway get by paying full tax in advance.
    Only one scheme can be used at a time from all available discount schemes.
    What's the size of your flat? Property tax is usually a function of area mentioned in agreement (it should be carpet area but if mistakenly your builder mentioned salable area then you need to pay according to it).
    32k means 2.67k per month which definitely seems high.
    CommentQuote
  • You must be looking at the assessment value. Your tax payable should be approximately 46% of that value. That means approx. Rs. 15000 which looks like the correct property tax for 3BHK in the area.

    This must be the notice and you would get the property tax bill soon, which will mention amount payable.
    CommentQuote
  • Property Tax too high in Pimple Nilakh

    Hi All,
    Pimple Nilakh, Glitterati.... same issue.. starting tax for a 3BHK is 27K per year.. and on top of that there is some previous year charge of 8K during which OC was also not given!!
    Tax starts from OC date or registration date??
    We are in the process of internally finding out.. and then came across this post..so only way is an online RTI... this can be done on the PCMC site..
    Anybody got any reply from PCMC office please reply back on this forum

    thanks
    Anand
    CommentQuote
  • For me tax of 32k for 2 yrs looks ok ....

    It means 16k a year.... That's online with what other members have said...



    I guess u can apply at pcmc in case u haven't had the possession for complete 2 yrs.
    CommentQuote
  • Is property tax is being calculated on covered carpet area or dose it include open terrace area as well?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dhadeepak
    Is property tax is being calculated on covered carpet area or dose it include open terrace area as well?


    Whatever is mentioned in your agreement.
    CommentQuote
  • Could pls clarify more on this. In Agreement, both are mentioned. as flat carpet area with attached terrace.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by punmum
    For me tax of 32k for 2 yrs looks ok ....

    It means 16k a year.... That's online with what other members have said...



    I guess u can apply at pcmc in case u haven't had the possession for complete 2 yrs.

    #punmun, 32K per year...so its 64K for last 2 years...:(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by andy001
    You must be looking at the assessment value. Your tax payable should be approximately 46% of that value. That means approx. Rs. 15000 which looks like the correct property tax for 3BHK in the area.

    This must be the notice and you would get the property tax bill soon, which will mention amount payable.

    That's what I thought earlier based on the letter I received last year. I did not pay it then as I was waiting for actual tax notice. However when I received the letter recently, it mentioned the amount due of 64K for last 2 years...So I believe it is the actual tax that I need to pay.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investwest
    1. Double check the amount with your neighbors in Malpani Greens only.
    2. There's no such benefit of 50% discount - only 10% discount that you can anyway get by paying full tax in advance.
    Only one scheme can be used at a time from all available discount schemes.
    What's the size of your flat? Property tax is usually a function of area mentioned in agreement (it should be carpet area but if mistakenly your builder mentioned salable area then you need to pay according to it).
    32k means 2.67k per month which definitely seems high.

    The area is mentioned in 2 parts - residential 1422 sq. ft. and parking 202 sq. ft. which PCMC seem to have used to calculate the tax.
    CommentQuote
  • After little research on PCMC site, I guess I know how I got the total bill of 65K. I got the possession in June 2012 and so since then it should be 3 financial years - Jun'12 to Mar '13, Apr'13 to Mar'14, and Apr'14 to Mar'15.

    As per PCMC site, the total due of 65k was upto Apr'15. Looks like they calculate the tax every six months and that is how we are supposed to pay as well. Else they start charging penalty.

    As of today, it was showing me previous due of 42k (for last 2 financial year) and 22K for current year. 42K also included penalty as I did not pay the tax in time. Even for current year, it included penalty for first 6 months as I did not pay that in time either. What I figured is you have to pay tax IN ADVANCE of start of 6 month period else you will end up paying some penalty anyway.

    This make me believe that the annual tax for my flat is around 20-22K and not 32K as I previously suspected.

    The PCMC notice that I received only mentioned that the assessment value is 36K. I never got to see the actual tax bill as my tenant might might have miss-placed it. So what #andy001 mentioned above might be true that the actual tax is around 46% of assessment value.

    Unless I find anyway of bringing this assessment value down, I think I will continue paying this much tax every six months.

    Thanks all for your input. Though it is large amount for one time payment, I am more comfortable now than before to pay it...
    CommentQuote
  • Oops..... That's really too high ..... Sorry...

    U can lodge a complain online, I guess using SARATHI from PCMC.



    Meanwhile can u pls check with other flat owners, so that u can go collectively to pcmc ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sachinbais
    After little research on PCMC site, I guess I know how I got the total bill of 65K. I got the possession in June 2012 and so since then it should be 3 financial years - Jun'12 to Mar '13, Apr'13 to Mar'14, and Apr'14 to Mar'15.

    As per PCMC site, the total due of 65k was upto Apr'15. Looks like they calculate the tax every six months and that is how we are supposed to pay as well. Else they start charging penalty.

    As of today, it was showing me previous due of 42k (for last 2 financial year) and 22K for current year. 42K also included penalty as I did not pay the tax in time. Even for current year, it included penalty for first 6 months as I did not pay that in time either. What I figured is you have to pay tax IN ADVANCE of start of 6 month period else you will end up paying some penalty anyway.

    This make me believe that the annual tax for my flat is around 20-22K and not 32K as I previously suspected.

    The PCMC notice that I received only mentioned that the assessment value is 36K. I never got to see the actual tax bill as my tenant might might have miss-placed it. So what #andy001 mentioned above might be true that the actual tax is around 46% of assessment value.

    Unless I find anyway of bringing this assessment value down, I think I will continue paying this much tax every six months.

    Thanks all for your input. Though it is large amount for one time payment, I am more comfortable now than before to pay it...


    Just couple of basic questions.

    1) Do they send tax notices via email too?
    2) Is there any option of paying this property tax online for fellas staying outside India?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anirban8
    Just couple of basic questions.

    1) Do they send tax notices via email too?
    2) Is there any option of paying this property tax online for fellas staying outside India?


    They dont send it online. But you can check yourself and pay online using the link:

    http://203.129.227.16:8080/pcmc/pcmc?wicket:bookmarkablePage=wicket-1:com.common.property.reports.RptMilkatKaracheBillnew

    You need to know few details about your property like zone no., Gat no. etc.
    CommentQuote