Guys,

Couple of my friends called me and informed that builders have reduced the prices by 50-150 rpsf. I have stopped searching for a property long time back. As I don't go on field, i could not confirm the news myself.

The area I am able to find offers are Wakad, PS, Baner and Balewadi.

This looks to be a limited period offer, but don't know the reason why this was done.

Anyways, I hope some of you can negotiate further below offered rate and can make a purchase ....

Cheers,
Space
Read more
224 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • can some one confirm this ?
    CommentQuote
  • You are correct, I had same experince with couple of projects in PS/wakad area. Seems price hike was created by builders and ppl are not willing to purchase at current rates. So builders seems reduced prices. Wait for more such reduction !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Space
    can some one confirm this ?

I dont think they have reduced prices.
    CommentQuote
  • i doubt!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Stopped

Yes. Maximum buyers have stopped visiting sites altogether since last couple of months in light of being outpriced from the market. So even if builders reduce the prices, message won;t reach to buyers until it happens on large scale.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by some1special
    You are correct, I had same experince with couple of projects in PS/wakad area. Seems price hike was created by builders and ppl are not willing to purchase at current rates. So builders seems reduced prices. Wait for more such reduction !

Which projects ? Pls share details.
    CommentQuote
  • This is the time to not jump and stay calm, let the builders become really aggresive and let the prices correct by 30-50% from here. I and my friends have decided not even call any builder,attend any exhibition or visit any sites for the next 6 months -1 year. Of all Puneites do this, it will really help in reducing the prices quickly.
    CommentQuote
  • Right buddy. Count me in.

Originally Posted by pcpune
    This is the time to not jump and stay calm, let the builders become really aggresive and let the prices correct by 30-50% from here. I and my friends have decided not even call any builder,attend any exhibition or visit any sites for the next 6 months -1 year. Of all Puneites do this, it will really help in reducing the prices quickly.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    This is the time to not jump and stay calm, let the builders become really aggresive and let the prices correct by 30-50% from here. I and my friends have decided not even call any builder,attend any exhibition or visit any sites for the next 6 months -1 year. Of all Puneites do this, it will really help in reducing the prices quickly.

My point exactly. "Stop Searching and Keep Counting".
    This thread was just for pointing on the trend. Builders are calling people and letting them know that they have reduced prices. My friends did recieve such call last weekend.
    CommentQuote
  • GK builder keep calling

Yes GK builder keeps calling me on my cell although am not interested in his boring buildings.

If anyone happens to go to Property exhibitions they will ask you to fill a form :
    Am intereted in buying
    i) 1BHK ii) 2BHK iii) 3BHK ...
    My budget is :
    i) less than 20Lakhs ii) 20-30 Lakhs iii) 30-50 Lakhs iv) 50 lakhs plus

This is survey to guage how many buyres are there in which segment. I always choose "Less than 20Lakhs" :) Although i can afford more...Just to make it a point that there are less buyers in the 20+ segment !
    CommentQuote
  • It is little difficult to confirm that builders started reducing prices. Recently i visited few site , i saw good number of interested buyers and salesperson was also in no mood to negotiate.

We have to wait and watch for 3-4 more months to see/realise the actual trend .

But there is one more indication we can watch for.
    Check the demand in Cement industry ! if demand is decreasing then most probably you can expect little slump in near future.

As per the latest news , demand for cmement in this quarter is moving southward. just FYI. :)
    CommentQuote
  • High rate in Pimple Saudagar by GK

Still GK quote 3500/sqft for 1BHK in Pimple Saudager. Hope this will come down in near future.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishrups
    Yes GK builder keeps calling me on my cell although am not interested in his boring buildings.

If anyone happens to go to Property exhibitions they will ask you to fill a form :
    Am intereted in buying
    i) 1BHK ii) 2BHK iii) 3BHK ...
    My budget is :
    i) less than 20Lakhs ii) 20-30 Lakhs iii) 30-50 Lakhs iv) 50 lakhs plus

This is survey to guage how many buyres are there in which segment. I always choose "Less than 20Lakhs" :) Although i can afford more...Just to make it a point that there are less buyers in the 20+ segment !

You are right GK is having lot of unsold flats and buyers are not willing to pay 40 lacks for 2 BHK flats.

just imagine 40 lack for 1010 sqft and carpet area is around 680 sq ft.

means we are paying 4000 per sq ft in PS area. exact one year ago rate was around 2300-2500 suddenly 3500.Almost 50% hike in one yea

if we wait for another 6 months to 1 year definitely rates will come down. atleast 20-30 %.

Regards
    Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amolk09
    Check the demand in Cement industry ! if demand is decreasing then most probably you can expect little slump in near future.

As per the latest news , demand for cmement in this quarter is moving southward. just FYI. :)

Does "Movement to southward" imply increase or decrease?
    CommentQuote
  • "Cement demand, a key indicator of economic activity, is showing signs of weakness for the second month in a row"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/biz/india-business/Cement-despatches-up-103-/articleshow/5833583.cms

Originally Posted by amolk09

CommentQuote