Friends,

I wanted to start this thread to warn and enlighten everybody about an enquiry I did ove the last weekend.

Gulmohar Privilege is a new scheme by Gulmohar developers. They are now quoting a price of 3550 psf for a 2BHK with built up area of 1158 sf.

If you read their floor plans carefully, you will figure out that the actual carpet area you get is around 650 sf. However, the salesman out there will try to convince you that its actually 730 sf.

They justify the high price against their competitors with the argument of excellent construction quality. That gets disproved on the face by noticing that every building of theirs has 2 misfit flats that have been now converted to a 1BHK, since their FSI calculations went wrong.

Instead of normally having 4 flats on the last floor they only have 2. And the other 2 have been left out as common terraces.

The construction quality, planning, floor plans, practically everything has some nuances in it.

The total deal comes at 43L, which is stupidly expensive.

I would advise anybody looking at Kharadi to not even bother to go to their sales office.

Even if prices reduce in future, its best to avoid such a pathetic scheme.

Well rather than calling it a scheme, lets call it a scam! :)
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Good post.
    This is not new scheme though. I had checked this a year ago. Asking rate was 32-33L for matchbox 2bhk flats. The slabs were completed last year. Very small rooms with no space for dinning area too. I dont remember the carpet area, but should not be more than 650. After knowing rates and looking the flats, I never enquired again. There was no sales person at office, they asked me to go to their office near bund garden road.
    Though I had received a call from sales office, I told the sales person on face that you are quoting out of mind rates and shall not call me back again.

Originally Posted by harshalx
    Friends,

I wanted to start this thread to warn and enlighten everybody about an enquiry I did ove the last weekend.

Gulmohar Privilege is a new scheme by Gulmohar developers. They are now quoting a price of 3550 psf for a 2BHK with built up area of 1158 sf.

Well rather than calling it a scheme, lets call it a scam! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Good post.
    This is not new scheme though. I had checked this a year ago. Asking rate was 32-33L for matchbox 2bhk flats. The slabs were completed last year. Very small rooms with no space for dinning area too. I dont remember the carpet area, but should not be more than 650. After knowing rates and looking the flats, I never enquired again. There was no sales person at office, they asked me to go to their office near bund garden road.
    Though I had received a call from sales office, I told the sales person on face that you are quoting out of mind rates and shall not call me back again.

I think I know the reason why they have suddenly jacked up the rates. The New Marvel Project ( Citrina ) is coming right next to it ... even the Citrina Address in the brochure says "Next to Gulmohar Privilege". Maybe the developer thought that if Marvel is priced at 5000 i should be priced at least 3500!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • 650-700 sq ft carpet area is not bad if the price is reasonable... I would say it is sufficient for a couple.. :)
    CommentQuote
  • They should market it as Studio apartments, that way they can sell more.

Originally Posted by m_square
    650-700 sq ft carpet area is not bad if the price is reasonable... I would say it is sufficient for a couple.. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by m_square
    650-700 sq ft carpet area is not bad if the price is reasonable... I would say it is sufficient for a couple.. :)

If they are going to sit only in one place:D. Man, issue is not 650 carpet but 1150+ sq ft salable. Why pay just less than double of carpet area for no reason?
    CommentQuote
  • mymarji: i am talking abt the carpet area man.. and that too for 2 persons..
    u sure u not confusing that with built-up area ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by m_square
    mymarji: i am talking abt the carpet area man.. and that too for 2 persons..
    u sure u not confusing that with built-up area ??

m2,
    You didn't get my point; I said carpet area for 650 maybe OK but why pay for 1150+ sq ft here? It seems you are focussed only on carpet while I am looking at carpet : salable ratio.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    If they are going to sit only in one place:D. Man, issue is not 650 carpet but 1150+ sq ft salable. Why pay just less than double of carpet area for no reason?

Even kalpataru 2 bhk unit at pimple gurav with 1100 sq ft saleable has 700 sq ft carpet and the flat looks spacious..

it all depends upon the floor plan and the flat design.. :)

and yes.. we shud only pay a little more of the carpet area we are getting :)
    CommentQuote
    m2,
    You didn't get my point; I said carpet area for 650 maybe OK but why pay for 1150+ sq ft here? It seems you are focussed only on carpet while I am looking at carpet : salable ratio.

Ohh yes real.. i get ur point.. i was replying to mymarji's post and in the meanwhile ur post was there :D
    CommentQuote

Absolutely. You need to be deranged to have a carpet area of 650 and a saleable area of 1158. Obviously this developer is out to make a quick buck. Stay away is all I can advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bheeshma
    Absolutely. You need to be deranged to have a carpet area of 650 and a saleable area of 1158. Obviously this developer is out to make a quick buck. Stay away is all I can advise.

This builder has sold majority of flats & is now doing just "mann marzee" to sell out the last few. He is cashing on the Citrine project quoted I think at 4000 psf & its a grand looking flat compared to Gulmohar.
    But sooner or later he will find some "bakra"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bheeshma

That's way too much loading. Looks like a Navi Mumbai type of a salable to carpet ratio where such 45-50% loading is very common especially in newer projects. I recently have bought at Raheja Vistas where for 670 carpet the salable is 855 sqft.
    CommentQuote