Hi All IREFers,
I am loving this forum too much. I can really feel the pulse of Pune real eastate.
I belong to MH but stayed in Pune only for 4 months in Hadapsar.
Hardly went to Hinjewadi side (Only for interviews!!:))

Now I want to come down and settle in Pune since I have a family now.
Hoping to find some job in Hinjewadi or Kharadi, I heard Hinjewadi has a lot... So planning to buy/rent nearby...

Though this is thumb rule that staying close to office is always better... and most of you have already bought or rented the houses.... Given a one more chance for them .... and with so much advancement happening around
where would you prefer to stay on rent or to buy

1) Hinjewadi (walk to office but die to reach City)

Upcoming Areas.. Nothing much around other than houses
2) Wakad (Cheap houses close to city and Hinjewadi)
3) Balewadi (Very Posh, equally expensive)

United states of Pimple !:D
4) PN (Serene place in Pune, but nothing around only houses)
5) PS (almost Established area... but recently too much crowded.. IT ppl's den)
6) PG (almost Established area... but recently too much crowded.. IT ppl's den)

Quite an established area
7) Baner (no more affordable to buy can rent)
8) Aundh --( Close to city but very expensive and fewer options)

Wish we had a polling facility in this forum...
Anyways your answers with reasons will be really great...

Thanks
Rahul

*reasons provided above are all my perceptions!!
Read more
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • There are lot many threads which discussed this and which are still discussing this.. do you really need new thread for it?
    CommentQuote
  • Balewadi or Baner
    CommentQuote
  • Aundh or Baner first.

If these not possible, then try PS and Wakad.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by investwest
    There are lot many threads which discussed this and which are still discussing this.. do you really need new thread for it?

Hi Investwest....
    Yes actually we really need a thread where only IT ppl working in Hinjewadi can put up pros and cons of these popular Pune West Locations...
    pls suggest me if there is any other relevant thread
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BaagadBilla
    Aundh or Baner first.

If these not possible, then try PS and Wakad.

But is it not trouble some to travel Hinjewadi from Baner or Aundh ??
    from wakad it is just 4 kms, right ??

is Baner on other side of highway okay ??
    CommentQuote
  • That part is not in PMC or PCMC

Originally Posted by getrahulmore

Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by getrahulmore

Yes. It is troublesome. But I find these places have better infrastructure. And a bit more upmarket feel.
    CommentQuote
  • do you mean a location which is suitable weather you work in hinjewadi or kharadi or magarpatta or anywhere else?

i don't think a single location is suitable as these are all like corners of city.

you'll have to make a choice and settle down/buy accordingly.

if pune west then in terms of best value for money (area is also not bad and price is also not high), wakad is best.

if tight on budget then look ravet, hinjewadi itself, marunji, mahalungee etc
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by garibaadmi
    do you mean a location which is suitable weather you work in hinjewadi or kharadi or magarpatta or anywhere else?

i don't think a single location is suitable as these are all like corners of city.

you'll have to make a choice and settle down/buy accordingly.

if pune west then in terms of best value for money (area is also not bad and price is also not high), wakad is best.

if tight on budget then look ravet, hinjewadi itself, marunji, mahalungee etc

I am only referring to Hinjewadi... bcz what I heard is that 90% companies in Pune are in Hinjewadi... If not slowly companies are planning to shift to their own offices in Hinjewadi rather than paying hefty rents ...
    CommentQuote
    Yes. It is troublesome. But I find these places have better infrastructure. And a bit more upmarket feel.

Dont you think ... Wakad, Balewadi.. is new upcoming area... so it would be more planned and much more new is awaited there... ???
    New mall proposed in Balewadi... not sure how much % it is completed yet...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by getrahulmore
    Dont you think ... Wakad, Balewadi.. is new upcoming area... so it would be more planned and much more new is awaited there... ???
    New mall proposed in Balewadi... not sure how much % it is completed yet...

It depends. For example, Kalyani nagar and Koregaon park are better than Aundh and Baner even though Aundh and Baner are newer (and supposedly more planned). These are much older localities.
    Mall is not everything.
    CommentQuote
  • IMO Aundh and Baner can be avioded. Its just a high priced no amenities belt of Pune . I have been in Aunch / Baner for almost 4 years now and i regret moving to this side of pune from a place like Magarpatta City. If you work in Hinjewadi move to Blueridge or Wakad or Pimple Saudagar. The places are not as developed but will offer all amenities at much lower prices. and if you work on the East side Magarpatta City it is. I agree with BaagadBilla . Malls are not everything

The shops in Aundh / Baner charge very high rates for daily stuff like food and transport. Pashan is a better place than them.
    CommentQuote
  • Any suggestion on what are the good projects in Wakad?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by househunt15
    Any suggestion on what are the good projects in Wakad?

Good projects may be different for you and me. I am assuming a mid budget.

There are many new projects in the area between pristine prolife and dutt mandir road. Check out the road from mont vert tropez to pink city. Many new projects there. These are the best parts of Wakad IMHO. Be open to resale flats.

Unless you drive through the areas yourself, it is very difficult to judge.

Some of the better projects are Inspera, costa rica (long strip layout but okay), prolife, skyline, kalpataru splendor, harmony, apostrophe (very pricey), windwards, malpani greens, etc.

Wish you all the best for your search.
    CommentQuote
    Good projects may be different for you and me. I am assuming a mid budget.

There are many new projects in the area between pristine prolife and dutt mandir road. Check out the road from mont vert tropez to pink city. Many new projects there. These are the best parts of Wakad IMHO. Be open to resale flats.

Unless you drive through the areas yourself, it is very difficult to judge.

Some of the better projects are Inspera, costa rica (long strip layout but okay), prolife, skyline, kalpataru splendor, harmony, apostrophe (very pricey), windwards, malpani greens, etc.

Wish you all the best for your search.

Hi bagad billa,

Have u finalized any property I was also looking for 2-3 bhk in ps and wakad area.
    CommentQuote