We are planning to buy an apartment in Pune. As we work as IT professionals our preference is buying home near to where all IT compaines are located (presently near Hinjewadi IT park).
But we heard a rumor (or fact ?) that all IT companies will gradually shift from Hinjewadi to Pune East (Kharadi, Magarpatta)? Is there any truth in the above statement or should we go ahead and buy property near Hinjaewadi IT Park (if the big companies are going to continue there in Long run)?
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Its rumor.
    CommentQuote
  • Hinjewadi shifting.

Definitely not an element of truth . Go ahead & buy apt. near Hinjewadi.
    CommentQuote
  • Rumore for sure

Rumor ... On the contrary (IMHO) Hinjewadi and surroundings has more scope to expand (and appreciate) and is expanding.
    CommentQuote
  • Hinjewadi IT park has allocated around 150 hector of land. Still 60% of is only utilised, lot more is remaining. Go ahead and buy properties in hijewadi areas.
    CommentQuote
  • There are IT parks coming up in Pune East ... Kharadi ... EON is one of the major ... and there are few more down the Nagar road ... like giga space, e-space etc ....
    having said that .... i haven't heard of any company from Hinjiwadi shifting to Kharadi ....
    btw ... since the IT parks in Pune-east arn't fully operational at the moment ... the rates are bit cheaper .... ongoing rates in kharadi are 3000/- but they do it for 2650/- (depending on your bargain power)
    CommentQuote
  • Case is VICE VERSA.
    1. TCS is moving out of Nyati building on Nagar road to its own campus in Hinjewadi
    2. Tech Mahindra is also shifting from VimanNagar to Hinjewadi campus.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PuneRental
    Case is VICE VERSA.
    1. TCS is moving out of Nyati building on Nagar road to its own campus in Hinjewadi

Yes Vice Versa is true.
    Other than TCS and Tech Mahindra,
    I have heard companies which booked in Magarpatta SEZ, have cancelled their bookings and shifting to West zone.

Overall, Pune IT corridor is WESTERN corridor.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PuneRental
    Case is VICE VERSA.

Yes Vice Versa is true.
    Other than TCS and Tech Mahindra,

3) I have heard companies which booked in Magarpatta SEZ, have cancelled their bookings and shifting to West zone.

CommentQuote
  • 3) I have heard companies which booked in Magarpatta SEZ, have cancelled their bookings and shifting to West zone.

CommentQuote
  • Shift

One more company has shifted out of SP infocity

Rahega ecommerze on Jail road only one bldg is functional despite the 7 or 9 bldg being constructed there, similar to Weikfield IT centre at Vimannagar.

So me thinks:

It companies r prefering IT corrider at Hingewadi as compared to other locations.
    CommentQuote
  • IBM has started working from Hinjewadi. TCS is already working from Hinjewadi-DLF Akruti park and their sahyadri park is under development in phase 3. Tech mahindra is moving to phase 3 from all over city. Patni has started operations from DLF park. So IT companies are moving to Hinjewadi.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by meet_vm
    We are planning to buy an apartment in Pune. As we work as IT professionals our preference is buying home near to where all IT compaines are located (presently near Hinjewadi IT park).
    But we heard a rumor (or fact ?) that all IT companies will gradually shift from Hinjewadi to Pune East (Kharadi, Magarpatta)? Is there any truth in the above statement or should we go ahead and buy property near Hinjaewadi IT Park (if the big companies are going to continue there in Long run)?

It will shift in 2 years from now.

Not to East or West in Pune, but the companies and jobs will gradually get shifted to Chengdu, China.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tsongt
    It will shift in 2 years from now.

Not to East or West in Pune, but the companies and jobs will gradually get shifted to Chengdu, China.

"Not to East or West, but to Chengdu, China." ;) yeah thats seems to be true, after seeing the infra in hinjewadi....We can not even build a neat & clean approach road to our IT parks where almost 1 lac ppls are working then what we can expect...

And tsongt, its still EAST...not Pune EAST but to FAR EAST to US (china) :) ha ha ha
    CommentQuote
  • The IT park will be there but in recent circular issued by Planning Commission, they have decentralized the IT parks which means that Pune IT growth will be limited & won't grow in the way it did in last few years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by scrutinizer
    EON Kharadi comprises list of following companies operational or booked, may be more companies are there, I got this list from one of my friend.
    Eclypsis
    Eaton
    EuroNet
    QuickStart global
    Tata Communications (VSNL -Global Services)
    ISC
    MPhasis- EDS
    Honeywell
    Edenbrook
    Zensar
    TietoEnator
    SiliconCity
    Citibank (ATM)

More companies are showing interest now a day in EON, as it is a SEZ project. So some positive signs are there for kharadi J.

Its an interesting mindset to compare an area with the amount of IT companies it has. Personally I think living in areas with too many offices is a nightmare. Busy traffic all the time, no silence at all, honking and beeping at odd hours, exorbitant food prices.

Also when you buy a house the priority should be where would be happy when you are not in office and not "I can fart here and it would be heard in my office :)".

When you buy a house its appreciation is notional for you unless you are buying it with the idea that you will sell in in the next 5 years.

Best to buy in a residential area which is peaceful and nice.
    CommentQuote