We are planning to buy an apartment in Pune. As we work as IT professionals our preference is buying home near to where all IT compaines are located (presently near Hinjewadi IT park).
But we heard a rumor (or fact ?) that all IT companies will gradually shift from Hinjewadi to Pune East (Kharadi, Magarpatta)? Is there any truth in the above statement or should we go ahead and buy property near Hinjaewadi IT Park (if the big companies are going to continue there in Long run)?
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Interesting Thread ... Lets hope they do not move out of Pune.
    CommentQuote
  • 100% agree with you aks. Personally, I feel that home & office should be separated. Live where you feel happy & work where you can give best performance.:) Living in a house with office at site.....is a big no no.

I hate the concept:- Niche Dukaan, Upar Makaan!:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Yes Vice Versa is true.
    Other than TCS and Tech Mahindra,

3) I have heard companies which booked in Magarpatta SEZ, have cancelled their bookings and shifting to West zone.

Overall, Pune IT corridor is WESTERN corridor.

haha...they shall stop calling it Hinjewadi IT Park once they realize they have touched Pavna, Temghar or some other dams water...till then there is no end to expansion there.
    CommentQuote
  • probably this rumor of shifting was floated by some kharadi builders' agents :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by scrutinizer
    I hope you know that, Kharadi has only 30% commercial space. Rest is residential and Green reservations.
    People staying in kharadi, have their office in Hadapsar, Viman nagar, kalyani nagar, kharadi itself, Sanaswadi, Ranjangao etc.

Buddy I have nothing against Kharadi.. but its hard to visualize Green there looking at the current state. No developer is going to spend money on making it green. Have seen enough to real estate to not believe in promises of greenery. Also, 30% office space means the roads coming in and out of Kharadi would be jammed during office peak hours. Road leading up to Nagar road is already very congested.

I have nothing against that place. Just that no water and too many offices is not my cup of tea. I am sure it will become the hot place in the next seven years. My definiton of "home" is a little different thats all.
    CommentQuote
  • Power of individual in society

Hi All,

I was doing a research on Hinjewadi It park and found a lot of information on this thread too.
    One thing what struck me is the power of individual's contribution in updating the information and development on the city and its various parts. The similar kind of bonding and positive discussion I found on some Bangalore threads discussing on Real Estate Issues.. Very Impressive...

"What about an idea of a pool of 50 educated people (to start) joining hands in buying the property after intense joint research?".

This will definitely save on various cost involved and lead in a decent value proposition which will be way low compared to the market valuation.

We can rope in Arichitect and appoint PMC company to construct project...

Please pour your ideas...
    Regards
    Nitin Parashar
    CommentQuote