I am looking at buying a fully furnished 3 BHK, area 1350 sft (comes with terrace of area 1350) in Nyati Empire on Kharadi Bypass road. owner is quoting 52 lacs excluding stamp duty and registration.

Have visitied the place and liked the comples layout and amenities provided. have heard of water problems in Kharadi but the complex seems to be not having any issues right now.
Would like to know if this is a fair deal since I am new to pune.

Would be useful to get feedback from people living in and around that area and other members of the forum.
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Have you inquired, who owns the land in front of it and what is going to come up there ? Also this place is just the start of Kharadi, so the kharadi chowk, where some shops (reliance,more) are located is around 1km away. U will have to walk upto there or chandan nagar for daily needs.
    Have they formed a society ?

Originally Posted by johndorian
    I am looking at buying a fully furnished 3 BHK, area 1350 sft (comes with terrace of area 1350) in Nyati Empire on Kharadi Bypass road. owner is quoting 52 lacs excluding stamp duty and registration.

Have visitied the place and liked the comples layout and amenities provided. have heard of water problems in Kharadi but the complex seems to be not having any issues right now.
    Would like to know if this is a fair deal since I am new to pune.

Would be useful to get feedback from people living in and around that area and other members of the forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Have you inquired, who owns the land in front of it and what is going to come up there ? Also this place is just the start of Kharadi, so the kharadi chowk, where some shops (reliance,more) are located is around 1km away. U will have to walk upto there or chandan nagar for daily needs.
    Have they formed a society ?

I have been told that the land in front belongs to Nyati though the person who gave me this information was not 100% sure. The society ha been formed and is fucntioning. Daily grocery needs have to be obtained from a distance but considering I only do it once or twice a week it is not such a pain point for me right now. GIven this is the cost justified?
    CommentQuote
  • For me, the problem is too huge terrace. Even if you consider 50% charge for terrace, you are paying 2600 psft for 650 sqft = 17L for this area.
    Now its upto u, if you wanna buy that terrace for 17L ?
    Have you consider, how difficult will it be to resale that flat in future ?

I have been told that the land in front belongs to Nyati though the person who gave me this information was not 100% sure. The society ha been formed and is fucntioning. Daily grocery needs have to be obtained from a distance but considering I only do it once or twice a week it is not such a pain point for me right now. GIven this is the cost justified?
    CommentQuote
  • Cost justified - That you have to decide....(I think thr is good scope of nego. 45lacs looks good).

Nyati Empire - This is one of the best society in Kharadi, yes that land in front of it belongs to Nyati. I liked the layout of each flats. I liked the open space in scheme. 20% flats have been leased to Zensar and other IT comps. Also IMO location is very good...and I wud say better then proj near to EON IT Park.
    CommentQuote
    For me, the problem is too huge terrace. Even if you consider 50% charge for terrace, you are paying 2600 psft for 650 sqft = 17L for this area.
    Now its upto u, if you wanna buy that terrace for 17L ?
    Have you consider, how difficult will it be to resale that flat in future ?

Thanks!. The terrace has been considered at 1/4th and not 1/2. so the calculation will be for rate * 1/4th of the terrace area. Also the cost includes furnishings as well. if I exclude the furnishings the cost comes to around 3000 psft for the saleable area. i have been told that this is the going rate in Kharadi.

Would be interested in knowing why you think the flat will be difficult to resell. is it because of location, or it being on top floor or is it the terrace.?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jigarshah
    Cost justified - That you have to decide....(I think thr is good scope of nego. 45lacs looks good).

Nyati Empire - This is one of the best society in Kharadi, yes that land in front of it belongs to Nyati. I liked the layout of each flats. I liked the open space in scheme. 20% flats have been leased to Zensar and other IT comps. Also IMO location is very good...and I wud say better then proj near to EON IT Park.

Agree!. the layout is quiet good.
    CommentQuote
  • not location, but huge terrace size. Usually huge terrace flats are difficult to resale as the cost becomes high.
    The going rate of 3000 has scope of lots of negotiation in Kharadi. So if you like the flat and layout, try to negotiate hard. A year back new projects were ready to negotiate to 2000-2200 level. For old projects, you must negotiate, also banks do not lend 80% loan to old projects.

Would be interested in knowing why you think the flat will be difficult to resell. is it because of location, or it being on top floor or is it the terrace.?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by johndorian
    Thanks!. The terrace has been considered at 1/4th and not 1/2. so the calculation will be for rate * 1/4th of the terrace area. Also the cost includes furnishings as well. if I exclude the furnishings the cost comes to around 3000 psft for the saleable area. i have been told that this is the going rate in Kharadi.

Since it is a resale property that too in top floor in Kharadi so rate should be between 2200-2500psf (40 to 43 Lacs). Just bargain hard for rate.
    Since it is a furnished flat so owner may ask more. There are a lot of resale property present in that area since people who have taken property for investment purpose are trying to sellout. Owner might have taken that property in very less rate(may be like 1200-1500psf)
    CommentQuote

I'm assuming that you mean the top terrace (above your top floor)

Please clarify one important thing with a good lawyer: Are you legally entitled to the terrace? To my knowledge, terrace is considered common property and not part of the apartment. The builder may be selling it like this, but only because they will wash off their hands after they have sold it to you.

Terrace ownership is (and has been) a very contentious issue, especially in societies. There has also been a lot of litigation around this issue. Just because the builder is selling the terrace along with the apartment, please don't assume that this is strictly legal.

For example, what if down the line, the lower floor residents want to put satellite dishes, etc. on "your" terrace, or want access to your terrace for other reasons??

Of course, I am no legal authority, so I am not saying anything definitely, just voicing my concerns. Just that you should be clear on what you are getting. Builders will sell you anything, they are just crooks. Is the terrace mentioned explicitly in the agreement?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by asliarun
    I'm assuming that you mean the top terrace (above your top floor)

Please clarify one important thing with a good lawyer: Are you legally entitled to the terrace? To my knowledge, terrace is considered common property and not part of the apartment. The builder may be selling it like this, but only because they will wash off their hands after they have sold it to you.

Terrace ownership is (and has been) a very contentious issue, especially in societies. There has also been a lot of litigation around this issue. Just because the builder is selling the terrace along with the apartment, please don't assume that this is strictly legal.

For example, what if down the line, the lower floor residents want to put satellite dishes, etc. on "your" terrace, or want access to your terrace for other reasons??

Of course, I am no legal authority, so I am not saying anything definitely, just voicing my concerns. Just that you should be clear on what you are getting. Builders will sell you anything, they are just crooks. Is the terrace mentioned explicitly in the agreement?

Yes... the terrace is on a separate floor. and all four apartments on the top floor have 4 separate terraces on the floor above. The terrace area is included in the agreement clearly. There is a "commo" terrace which is not part of the 4 terraces and is mainly used for maintenance. but point taken. will get that verified by a lawyer as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Oops, I thought the terrace is over some stilt parking or something on first floor. This is ridiculous to buy a top terrace which is common. I agree what asliarun said. Selling terrace is certainly legal. There are chances of getting into legal trouble later if not today. Other point is that your flat is top floor. Top floors have their own problems like heating in summer and water leakages and due to that they are very hard to sell. "Any project in pune has just top floor flats available on first day of its launch." That means builder wants to sell out top floors flats first and they are hard to sell.
    Here builder has acted smart to sell top floor flat with terrace and charged not only for flat but also for terrace (this is certainly illegal).

Yes... the terrace is on a separate floor. and all four apartments on the top floor have 4 separate terraces on the floor above. The terrace area is included in the agreement clearly. There is a "commo" terrace which is not part of the 4 terraces and is mainly used for maintenance. but point taken. will get that verified by a lawyer as well.
    CommentQuote
    Oops, I thought the terrace is over some stilt parking or something on first floor. This is ridiculous to buy a top terrace which is common. I agree what asliarun said. Selling terrace is certainly legal. There are chances of getting into legal trouble later if not today. Other point is that your flat is top floor. Top floors have their own problems like heating in summer and water leakages and due to that they are very hard to sell. "Any project in pune has just top floor flats available on first day of its launch." That means builder wants to sell out top floors flats first and they are hard to sell.
    Here builder has acted smart to sell top floor flat with terrace and charged not only for flat but also for terrace (this is certainly illegal).

The terrace is not common but agree that there are concerns on my side as well for "heat in summer". "leakages" etc. Just to clarify this is a resale flat and is not from the builder. the current occupants have been living there for 2 yrs. Could not see any obvious signs of leakages on both the flats that I had seen on the top floors. but cannot comment on the "heating" aspect as I visited the flat in evening time when it is relatively cooler
    CommentQuote
    The terrace is not common but agree that there are concerns on my side as well for "heat in summer". "leakages" etc. Just to clarify this is a resale flat and is not from the builder. the current occupants have been living there for 2 yrs. Could not see any obvious signs of leakages on both the flats that I had seen on the top floors. but cannot comment on the "heating" aspect as I visited the flat in evening time when it is relatively cooler

I would say avoid. You can easily get a 3 bhk for less than 50 lakhs in newer complexes at Kharadi. Top floors as mentioned by others here are not easy to sell and have their own problems. If you really want to buy this particular you should negotiate heavily citing these reasons.
    CommentQuote

On the other hand, if you have a vision or plan of waterproofing your terrace and making a terrace garden, buying a terrace flat might be a great idea! I personally love the idea of living in an aptt while being able to sit in my own lawn, even a really small one.
    CommentQuote

Hmm.. interesting that it is not investor flat... a family living there and leaving in just 2 years??? Hope u know the reason has nothing to do with the flat. Ufff ye Jalim Dimag.... kya kya soochta hai!!

VK
    CommentQuote