But, I only provide recommendations and not stock or trading ideas, I may provide a good general view point, to act on that is your own take.

My experience - have witnessed 3 boom and bust cycles - right from Harshad Mehta's days in 1993...and my father has had an experience of 30 years into the market...
Read more
Reply
20869 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    But, I only provide recommendations and not stock or trading ideas, I may provide a good general view point, to act on that is your own take.

    My experience - have witnessed 3 boom and bust cycles - right from Harshad Mehta's days in 1993...and my father has had an experience of 30 years into the market...

    This is not an advertisement or any kind of speculation, but I only invite serious investors looking to MAKE serious money!!!!!!!!!


    PCPUNE,
    i have not been very happy with stocks.i also know stock market is not for small investors only for big tocket however i would like to know what is your advise for a 6-month money making stock.
    CommentQuote
  • Stock advice on this forum??!! Oh common pcpune, not here. :bab (29):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitesh321
    Stock advice on this forum??!! Oh common pcpune, not here. :bab (29):

    Nitesh,

    I am not providing stock ideas...However, I may be able to help to someone either with cash and dont know where to invest or who is in trouble with stocks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    Nitesh,

    I am not providing stock ideas...However, I may be able to help to someone either with cash and dont know where to invest or who is in trouble with stocks.


    never take free advise, when it comes to stock market!! Your intention might be noble, but that is my personal experience...It is better to hire the services of a seasoned professional, at least he is accountable for profit/loss u make...

    I realized the hard way after losing close to 5 lacs in Stock Market :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    PCPUNE,
    i have not been very happy with stocks.i also know stock market is not for small investors only for big tocket however i would like to know what is your advise for a 6-month money making stock.

    I understand, but maybe you need elaborate more on the your past experience...also stock markets are not for 6 months or 2 years...atleast a view of 3-5 years should be there...

    I am not saying however, you will not make money in 6 months...if your investment horizon is 6 months, just put the money in a liquid fund or a debt mutual fund...and you should earn a decent 7-8% pa...on your investment.....
    Also, depends on whether you can risk all you investment, OR you need to protect your investment....

    Current stock markets - look fairly valued at PE of about 16-18, hence any appreciation of more than 5-10% looks UNFEASABLE....

    You need to pick the right stock ideas or funds ..but again there is the risk as nobody CAN predict what would happen in 6 months time.

    Please provide your - risk status,investment amount,KIND of return you expect, to help you more...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chinmay686
    never take free advise, when it comes to stock market!! Your intention might be noble, but that is my personal experience...It is better to hire the services of a seasoned professional, at least he is accountable for profit/loss u make...

    I realized the hard way after losing close to 5 lacs in Stock Market :(

    I agree to you Chinmay, infact I do the same.. This is the reason I am saying I can only provide guidance towards stock market investming...much like a third party consultant and NOT provide stock ideas... if you like the ideas and the concepts, you can do your own research to find out the best stocks for you....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    I agree to you Chinmay, infact I do the same.. This is the reason I am saying I can only provide guidance towards stock market investming...much like a third party consultant and NOT provide stock ideas... if you like the ideas and the concepts, you can do your own research to find out the best stocks for you....

    Guide me for SUZLON Energy stock. Already i'm going in loss but still holding since i feel that wind energy has good prospect in the future and company will definitely do well in the future. My investment is for longterm say 5-8 yrs. What is your view on this?
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • Yorambo2 years ago
      7 year too late raj...just beacause of this useless GUI. But your logic still holds for suzlon as well as other stocks
  • Well, the stock recently issued a right issue - indication that the company has OVER leveraged itself and got itself into a lot of debt.I understand wind energy has lot of prospects in future, but to provide energy cheap will be the biggest challenge. Infact, i generally dont like "power generating" companies since a lot of costs & investments are needed for the company to generate any revenues...and the companies have a gestation period of 5-7-10 years...well that is some time...

    And its true with all power companies...however,if you are still very bullish on power, look for power "trading" or "finance" companies which have a consistent revenue from Year 1 from whichever company who is generating power.

    I would advise you to look for companies that are CASH RICH,ZERO DEBT and generate revenues and profits quick and fast.
    You can hold on to Suzlon for say 75-90 levels, and then maybe switch to another idea, as I have stated above.
    Just to add, always remember, a good company with a good management like Suzlon Or Aditya Birla Nuvo MAY NOT always be a very good stock for its shareholders...

    Look for companies that care about the shareholders - in terms of Return on Equity!!!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chinmay686
    never take free advise, when it comes to stock market!! Your intention might be noble, but that is my personal experience...It is better to hire the services of a seasoned professional, at least he is accountable for profit/loss u make...

    I realized the hard way after losing close to 5 lacs in Stock Market :(

    Man, brokers are not accountable for any loss. They only interested in there share(profit) if you loss they will say market is doing bad what can i do :bab (38):
    I also loose my money on free advice.
    Suno sabki karo apne wali
    CommentQuote
  • Trading in the market is only called SPECULATION and not INVESTING !!!!!
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • neokewl2 years ago
      so what ? Goal is to make money. You can do it both ways.
  • no need of stocks over here... there can be different forum for this...
    CommentQuote
  • Folks, lets write down best 10 scripts to invest from various sectors.. I will start with L&T, Siemens, Century Textiles, Grasim Ind, Infy...these are my favourates...

    Also can some one tell me about Satyam...is there any luck if I invest now at 94 level...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Saurabh01
    Man, brokers are not accountable for any loss. They only interested in there share(profit) if you loss they will say market is doing bad what can i do :bab (38):
    I also loose my money on free advice.
    Suno sabki karo apne wali


    Saurabh,

    I didn't mean brokers!! of course, these buggers earn money whether u make profit/loss all the time :)

    Also for me, I look less of fundamental, but more of technical charts to decide my strategies (basically Resistances-Supports)..and i am very impatient for long term investment, for that i have MFs to bank upon, thts where my steady investment goes!! The STOCK MARKET is mostly for me, to take care of weekend expenses and and money to splurge on brands :)

    What i meant is professional stock advisors/portfolio managers, he advises me on Long Term/Short Term/ Investment ideas...but he charges a hefty amount for the same :)
    CommentQuote
  • I am gonna put forward some unconventional stocks (not popular like Reliance, L&T) for trading purpose.

    JHS, Deepak Nitrite, FDC, Ranbaxy, Alembic, MRF, IGL.

    I am holding these and some others like these for couple of years and would suggest to do some reaseach and some of you may add one of the above in your portfolio.

    I personally do not invest in Blue Chip on individual stock basis but go though PMS or MFs.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by monds
    Folks, lets write down best 10 scripts to invest from various sectors.. I will start with L&T, Siemens, Century Textiles, Grasim Ind, Infy...these are my favourates...

    Also can some one tell me about Satyam...is there any luck if I invest now at 94 level...


    After successful FIFA world cup project...they image of M Satyam is improved considerably..So you can expect positive surprise.

    RIL, ICICI bank, Bharti (beaten down) can be good at present level. What do you say ?
    CommentQuote