X
Collapse

Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Last updated: 19 hours ago
24099 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Greek crisis having a toll on Nifty today. But, this may be getting increasingly close to a strong bounce back. Greece is supposed to pay its instalment on Friday, and the PM of Greece may settle at a debt repayment plan either today or by Friday. If that happens, you can see a bounce that could become stronger on account of short covering. Shorters should take the money off the table by squaring off the positions in my opinion.

Comment

• Re : Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Originally posted by iceemani View Post
      Today we may see 150 points jumping up.
      May be tomorrow.

Comment

Hi

I do not even know abc of stocks but a avid reader of this thread just to see how peole express themselves in terms of knowledge

I must say kind of statement 10-12 active members make on this thread , if they are doing stocks from 10-12 years , must have made minimum 7-8 crore a because everyone is so sure about stocks ..

Am I missing something or I have asked a very stupid question

Because I am a confident person and makes this sort of statement in general business and got desired results.

Trying to enter stocks and learning thought process .. But when I see comments by members in this thread , I feel they are super genius and must be a sort of portfolio manager or investment banker managing billions of dollars

Regards
        Doobti
        Last edited June 4 2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doobti View Post
          Hi

I do not even know abc of stocks but a avid reader of this thread just to see how peole express themselves in terms of knowledge

I must say kind of statement 10-12 active members make on this thread , if they are doing stocks from 10-12 years , must have made minimum 7-8 crore a because everyone is so sure about stocks ..

Regards
          Doobti
          Bhai that is small amount of money those three four guys have [emoji6]

On my part I am just an employee of a company and cannot trade in my account,
          However I did make good money before I took this job.

Right now just focusing on the next year's annual bonus [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
            Bhai that is small amount of money those three four guys have [emoji6]

On my part I am just an employee of a company and cannot trade in my account,
            However I did make good money before I took this job.

Right now just focusing on the next year's annual bonus [emoji12]
            Rohit

I am really interested in stocks but I do not work on borrowed knowledge so learning first but problem is here I am getting very strong statements.. I know people who are into investment category because I am in investment company and my company is one of the world very best .. They are on of the bidders for that sahara hotel deal

But I have not seen them making such a statements ..
            I really do not know much but j want to learn and finding it difficult to learn on this thread but will keep reading every single post and try to correlate earlier posts and make a pattern

Regards

Comment

Rohit

I am really interested in stocks but I do not work on borrowed knowledge so learning first but problem is here I am getting very strong statements.. I know people who are into investment category because I am in investment company and my company is one of the world very best .. They are on of the bidders for that sahara hotel deal

But I have not seen them making such a statements ..
              I really do not know much but j want to learn and finding it difficult to learn on this thread but will keep reading every single post and try to correlate earlier posts and make a pattern

Regards
              Great to see someone so modest.
              See markets are same everywhere just buyers and sellers.
              There are people who see a particular company overvalued and then there are people who see the same company undervalued so that makes buyers and sellers.
              Now about strong statements, well what I understand everyone including me sometime brag on these public Forums so everything said here must be taken with a pinch of salt.
              As far as learning the markets goes it's really simple just find what makes you comfortable direct stock investment or mutual funds then move ahead with finding a method a strategy which works for you.
              For a start the SIP model is a method and so is momentum trading and there are so many methods which works you just need to find which one works for you.
              There are so many text audio videos available on the net, use them.
              But in the end you have to find what method works for you.

Ask pointed questions you will get the answers.

Rohit

Comment

Dobti bhai

Your initial capital decides how much money you make.

Junjhunwala works with leveraged capital. So did Buffet. For them trading is business.

But for normal people borrowing capital for stocks should NEVER be done.

In the last 15 years I have got about 20% compounded return. Thats averaging with about 25% from 2000 to 2008 and about 17% from 2009 to 2014. I did the calculation 6 months ago.

But I started with very little capital. In 2000 my salary was so little I used to drop 1000 Rs cheques into ICICI account and would spend ages trying to eke out even the smallest return.

My salary today is still small so there is only so much I can add. Returns are a %. If you deploy more capital you get more end product. But 1 lakh becoming 8 lakhs and 1 crore becoming 8 crore are exactly the same thing.

But I still analyse a lot because I cant afford to lose money.

I have no desire to have 8 crores. I am happy with 20% returns on my modest capital - my only aim is to beat PPF.

The day I start desiring for 8 crores I will start making mistakes in investments - the process has to be right. Results come on their own.

If I put limits on the outcome the process will go wrong and then so will rerurns.

Greed and speed are the enemy of investments.
                Last edited June 4 2015, 10:37 PM.
                Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Hi doobti,
                  On another thread you mentioned you invest in RE because that's what you understand. That is the most important statement one can make in investing - do what you understand. 2 years back when Gold was going up, everyone was piling on that trade. Another 2 years before that, everyone was bullish RE. But money was made by those who were bullish another 2-5 years before the average crowd started getting excited. So just because stock market is going up is no reason to invest. Stay in your comfort zone. Start small in stocks and build knowledge. There is an 80% chance you will lose 100% of your invested capital as a beginner. It takes minimum 5-6 years to get the hang. You will see with time.

Comment

Catbert I switched to real estate in 2009. I had sold my stocks well in 2008 but decided to study real estate markets although I was very uncomfortable with it.

I made a very bad mistake in 2009. I failed to get back into stocks and missed 100% returns in 6 months.

Reason was I thought as per classic investment logic that one should not keep money in stocks which you are going to spend in next couple of years. Since I was planning to pay builders I had to have money. So the money I pulled out in 2008 from stocks I kept in liquid funds instead of stocks.

Real estate was so slow in execution that I never needed so much in liquid.

I should have kept only next payment in liquid and rest in stocks.

Stupid mistake cost me 100% return in 6 months.m

Then i reduced exposure to stocks by 30% just before elections in 2014. That also cost me returns.

The 17% from 2009 is DESPITE both of these stupid mistakes.

My first principle is safety first.

I protected my real estate investment amount. What if 2009 had become great depression? I did get 6% in liquid.

I protected against Modi losing elections. I did get 8% in liquid.

Margin of safety is essential
                    Last edited June 4 2015, 10:57 PM.
                    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Hi

Because I am a confident person and makes this sort of statement in general business and got desired results.

Trying to enter stocks and learning thought process .. But when I see comments by members in this thread , I feel they are super genius and must be a sort of portfolio manager or investment banker managing billions of dollars

Regards
                      Doobti
                      Doobti,
                      your sarcasm is completely warranted. And since this is an online forum, you will not always get to read exactly what you want? I am sure there are many guys in this thread who have portfolio of 8-10 crores, but hardly participate or post their daily profit MTM screenshots or give gyans to other guys.

While some are long term investors here, Most of the posts come from hobbyist traders who track the markets day- by-day. For these kind of traders, however big their investment portfolio is, a trading account of even 10-20 lacs will allow them to have good sizing in trades which can last from 1-5 days.
                      And if they have been doing stocks for 10-12 years, how do you know they had been making money every year ?? You have to understand that at least first 4-5 years of all these traders would have produced regular losses.

And as for the guys in yours or any investment banking company, they are not genius either. in fact, most of the ex-employees of these large financial firms when they start on their own, post huge losses while trading the same instruments in the same markets.
                      Last edited June 4 2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Tags: NULL
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X