X
Collapse

Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Last updated: 3 days ago
24143 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

i was reading prev comment and i thought of this too and BAM there is your comment.

The dialog is "War is business in america" ... that dialog and movie can be a life changing experience if watched in your teenage years

Originally posted by punerebuyer View Post
    I am inclined to agree this... similar statements are in the movie JFK as well... and war is a big industry for them.

Comment

• Re : Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Can you elaborate pls !

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
      Venky,

Finally, reason for physical holding of precious metals. Any paper based asset is ONLY A PROMISSORY NOTE! At any time the Govt can simply repudiate the note by fiat/diktat and simply pay you in currency equivalent.
      cheers

Comment

All-in-all, within days or weeks the USD could go down significantly as a Black Swan event. At this time commodities will soar (they are already going up very uncomfortably everywhere) and people will rush to stores in panic to hoard essentials before their Dollar loses further purchasing power. There will be shortages in stores in the US!!!

This could take years - Zimbabwe took from 2001 to 2008 to finally collapse. But some serious guys (Marc Faber early this year), John Williams (Shadow Stats) and others are sounding the alarm right away.

Nothing is certain. But we need to watch carefully as Bernanke is already starting to lose the main reasons for QE2 - keep interest rates at rock bottom to ignite the economy again AND to raise employment.

It is argued that, once hyperinflation rips through the economy and ends, the economy will enter a phase of significantly lower output, implying Depression and soaring unemployment (25%?).
        Hmm. I had stopped reading your posts, but looking at other peoples comments made me read this one!

Looks like all Americans have already read this post. They are already crowding the malls, but to your surprise they are busy shopping for holidays ahead, not grocery. LOL

Looks like you were denied USA visa some time back. LOL

Hyperinflation or whatever, will not dissolve all the infra structure USA has. USA has the world best infra any business house needs. The best road connectivity and air connectivity. Even small city airports will put Mumbai airport to shame.

So tomorrow when dollar looses value, where do you think business houses in the world would like to open office? In filthy places like Pune/Chennai where there are no roads + no power supply + no water + high cost?

USA has innovation, they create products, the whole world uses. Hyperinflation would not wipe it out, they would continue to innovate.
        why do you think USA continues with the war when economy is shaky?

You like it or not, USA will be superpower for next 50 yrs atleast. After 50 I would die so I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post
          Hmm. I had stopped reading your posts, but looking at other peoples comments made me read this one!

Looks like all Americans have already read this post. They are already crowding the malls, but to your surprise they are busy shopping for holidays ahead, not grocery. LOL

Hyperinflation or whatever, will not dissolve all the infra structure USA has. USA has the world best infra any business house needs. The best road connectivity and air connectivity. Even small city airports will put Mumbai airport to shame.

So tomorrow when dollar looses value, where do you think business houses in the world would like to open office? In filthy places like Pune/Chennai where there are no roads + no power supply + no water + high cost?

USA has innovation, they create products, the whole world uses. Hyperinflation would not wipe it out, they would continue to innovate.

You like it or not, USA will be superpower for next 50 yrs atleast. After 50 I would die so I don't care.
          But on positive side wisey is now quarantined to this thread. Last year he used to pollute all possible threads. wisey's post are like horror movies. You know nothing is real, but for entertainment purpose, they are ok to watch. With such posts wisey will be denied even Bhutan's visa.

Comment

Ignorance is a terrible disease ...

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post

I have a US VISA right now and have travelled a bit. Unfortunately your narrow outlook assumes that if I'm saying something negative about something it's because I have a grudge! Unfortunate!!!

Second, you only know the USA of today. Check out the picture of US in 1900 to see that they were not always like this and that the "dirty" Mumbai has a great chance seeing how the US was a century ago!!!

I'm not too sure US will be a superpower 50 years hence. Somehow superpowers crashed and burned very quickly in the past, latest being Great Britain within the period of 30 years between 1914 and 1945 wherein they went from a country on whose territories which the Sun never set to a country which became an also ran. And believe it or not, this very issue of too much DEBT is what put paid to GB. And the US is in a much worse state today than any other superpower has been (just before collapse) in the past. So you might imagine where they are headed rather quickly.

A large scale war possibly involving a majority of countries of the World seems quite possible since such global DEBT EXCESSES always led to such wars before normalcy returned.

So, while you may think such things are akin to Hollywood Horror Movies, thats simply because you do not find time or motivation to be well-read. To bad!!!

Manoos ...

You believe that your Gold ETFs are backed by gold which you can somehow claim when you want. Sorry! You can at most only sell off your ETF and get back its equivalent in cash. But things could get much worse.

Govt can declare Emergency and grab ALL THE GOLD in the country by fiat/decree. And they can also decide how much cash they will give you in exchange for your "gold". MArket price as on that day. OR some other price.

Whatever that price may be, if there is runaway inflation, within a few months you cash will be far less than the gold you thought you had!!!

cheers
            Attached Files
            Last edited December 15 2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Ha Ha.. We are exactly 100 years behind US..
              but the point is this a forum where you get different ideas and you may choose to ignore anything, but important is to keep track of divergent views.

People really have a hard time arriving at the probability of future events.. and one should try to make sense of what to do..

It is learning experience.. and I have asked opinions and to be honest.. not necessarily acted on it.. but it made an interesting read on how people think.. You need to think .. and do what you feel is the best for you...

Just that there is a view on total collapse.. there are lot of people living in fools paradise that things will never go down.... both are not right..

Wiseman.. your analysis makes interesting read.. and yes there is always a probability mathematically.. will it happen tomorrow.. next 100 years.. who knows..

I have a US VISA right now and have travelled a bit. Unfortunately your narrow outlook assumes that if I'm saying something negative about something it's because I have a grudge! Unfortunate!!!

Second, you only know the USA of today. Check out the picture of US in 1900 to see that they were not always like this and that the "dirty" Mumbai has a great chance seeing how the US was a century ago!!!

I'm not too sure US will be a superpower 50 years hence. Somehow superpowers crashed and burned very quickly in the past, latest being Great Britain within the period of 30 years between 1914 and 1945 wherein they went from a country on whose territories which the Sun never set to a country which became an also ran. And believe it or not, this very issue of too much DEBT is what put paid to GB. And the US is in a much worse state today than any other superpower has been (just before collapse) in the past. So you might imagine where they are headed rather quickly.

A large scale war possibly involving a majority of countries of the World seems quite possible since such global DEBT EXCESSES always led to such wars before normalcy returned.

So, while you may think such things are akin to Hollywood Horror Movies, thats simply because you do not find time or motivation to be well-read. To bad!!!

Manoos ...

You believe that your Gold ETFs are backed by gold which you can somehow claim when you want. Sorry! You can at most only sell off your ETF and get back its equivalent in cash. But things could get much worse.

Govt can declare Emergency and grab ALL THE GOLD in the country by fiat/decree. And they can also decide how much cash they will give you in exchange for your "gold". MArket price as on that day. OR some other price.

Whatever that price may be, if there is runaway inflation, within a few months you cash will be far less than the gold you thought you had!!!

cheers

Comment

I'm not too sure US will be a superpower 50 years hence. Somehow superpowers crashed and burned very quickly in the past, latest being Great Britain within the period of 30 years between 1914 and 1945 wherein they went from a country on whose territories which the Sun never set to a country which became an also ran. And believe it or not, this very issue of too much DEBT is what put paid to GB.
                I think Debt is not always BAD if it is in Check...Without leverage its very difficult to grow FAST!!!!

Say you grow by 20% annum & you borrow 10% per annum, so net in net you save 10%...so, this 10% will compound & that will create wealth...Do you think America could have grown so fast without Any Leverage in last 100 years??

I also second of others..you posts are so Long & Boring, that I dont think anybody bother to read after 2 lines...I don't know how you get So much time to write so long Posts?? or are these ONLY Copy & Paste
                Cheers,
                -Ashish

Comment

Ash,
                  not everyone in this forum might be well versed with finance. everyone has a learning period in life. so many ppl must be learning from him, others like u who are knowledgeable find it boring perhaps.

so live and let live and appreciate his efforts

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
                  I think Debt is not always BAD if it is in Check...Without leverage its very difficult to grow FAST!!!!

Say you grow by 20% annum & you borrow 10% per annum, so net in net you save 10%...so, this 10% will compound & that will create wealth...Do you think America could have grown so fast without Any Leverage in last 100 years??

I also second of others..you posts are so Long & Boring, that I dont think anybody bother to read after 2 lines...I don't know how you get So much time to write so long Posts?? or are these ONLY Copy & Paste

Comment

Ignorant! you or me?

Ignorant hmm.., who is ignorant, you or me? You are ignoring the facts below:

1) America has innovated products, that world uses
                    2) America has the best infra structure, which makes it perfect for running business, and ideal for people to live happy.
                    3) America has law and order in place and followed very strictly.
                    4) America has the strongest army equipped with latest ammunations.

All these things form the strong foundation of growth of America. Do all these things dissolve in air with hyperinflation or huge debt?

All the infrastructure(Good roads/airports/water/electricity etc) is here to stay. It will not vanish.

Growth of America is real and not artificial, they have strong foundation of above things for it.
                    Their capability of innovation is NOT going to dissolve in water, with hyperinflation.

If dollar looses its value, its going to be temp. phase, its NOT destruction of America.

You are completely ignorant of these facts. You are caught, with big jargons and fancy charts and gloom articles of your favorite authors. Come out of this ignorance... before calling other ignorant and narrow minded.

Live in the real world, not the world of charts and gloomy articles.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post

So we agree on one more point. LOL

Comment

Tags: NULL
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X