X
Collapse

Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Last updated: 1 day ago
24444 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

SIP continues...

Originally posted by rajchauhan View Post

Hello, Are you guys continuing your SIP or paused it?

Comment

• Re : Indian Stock Advice Trading Strategies Trends Market Predictions & Regulations

Originally posted by revhappy View Post

The whole point of SIP is to not time markets, I am continuing my 8L SIP into Nifty index fund every month.
      Which Nifty index Mutual fund you are investing in? Since when?

haha, I am trying to calculate the income and returns...

Comment

Originally posted by ZorawarFromGurgaon View Post

Which Nifty index Mutual fund you are investing in? Since when?

haha, I am trying to calculate the income and returns...
        I am doing since 3 months now. I started with UTI Nifty Index fund, but I realized they increased TER to 20bps. Now I am doing with MOSL Nifty Index fund.

Before this I was going all over the place going in and out of equities. But now my allocation is 30% to equities and my plan is to increase it by 1% each month. Within 3 years I should hit 50:50 allocation and in 6 years 70:30 allocation, hopefully, if I continue to work and earn at the same rate.

Last edited 1 week ago.

Comment

My belief is broader market will be probably do better than indices and maybe you need some exposure to active managed funds also in parallel

I am doing since 3 months now. I started with UTI Nifty Index fund, but I realized they increased TER to 20bps. Now I am doing with MOSL Nifty Index fund.

Before this I was going all over the place going in and out of equities. But now my allocation is 30% to equities and my plan is to increase it by 1% each month. Within 3 years I should hit 50:50 allocation and in 6 years 70:30 allocation, hopefully, if I continue to work and earn at the same rate.

Comment

Breakeven for index funds is 20bps, so anything less than that should be seen as introductory offer and not as a permanent thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flatforme View Post

Breakeven for index funds is 20bps, so anything less than that should be seen as introductory offer and not as a permanent thing.
              Yeah, I saw this AMA session by Pratik Oswald from MOSL and he mentioned this. I somehow like MOSL because they ar bringing lot of passive funds international funds. So I want to support them.

Comment

If investment ticket size is big then two different AMC also can be considered. Franklin episode has made us rethink about concentrating all investment with single AMC. Franklin did not honour active systematic withdrawal plans also.

Comment

Originally posted by amit3011 View Post
                  If investment ticket size is big then two different AMC also can be considered. Franklin episode has made us rethink about concentrating all investment with single AMC. Franklin did not honour active systematic withdrawal plans also.
                  That's one of the reason UHNI stick to top 5 AMC's

Comment

Gold is getting whalloped. It will be interesting to see if it falls significantly. Will help India and Indians a lot, if gold prices fall 50%.

Comment

• kumarpraveen
                      kumarpraveen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In the last 2 decades, when there was more uncertainty gold was the preferred choice of investment as a safe haven..i don't think it would go down by 50%.

Gold is getting whalloped. It will be interesting to see if it falls significantly. Will help India and Indians a lot, if gold prices fall 50%.
                    It appears that gold price is falling as Fed has advances Interest Rate Hike. There are few additional parameters to think about when it comes to gold price.

(1) Inflation expectation - gold closely correlates to inflation. Global and domestic inflation expectation are on higher side. So this indicator may favour gold.

(2) Fed rising interest rate - this implies higher interest demand from overseas Investors from Emerging Economies. In other words, significant amount invested in Emerging Economy would start flowing back to developed world (US) as the higher interest rate in Developed World reduces Emerging markets appeal. This could have impact on the exchange rate. Flight of dollars from Emerging Markets would lead to depreciation of Emerging Market currencies. Now, the gold in emerging market is priced in their own domestic currencies. This implies, lesser downward pressure on gold price in domestic currencies, even if gold price declines in USD terms.

(3) Gold and oil has direct correlation too. Since oil is rising and could possibly be rising in medium term, gold will have some support.

(4) Last but not least, rising unrest between West and China. Any war - trade war, biological war, actual war, diplomatic war - favours gold.

So will Gold decline drastically? Will it hold 45-50k range? Or will it rise in next 2-3 years?
                    Last edited 2 days ago.

Comment

Tags: NULL
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X