But, I only provide recommendations and not stock or trading ideas, I may provide a good general view point, to act on that is your own take.

My experience - have witnessed 3 boom and bust cycles - right from Harshad Mehta's days in 1993...and my father has had an experience of 30 years into the market...
Read more
19936 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by boomer
    Well, I did answer your query about the company being genuine.
    As far as technical analysis goes, It did correct from upper bollinger in the last 3 upmoves but there was no guarantee that it would have done the same.

Take a look at some mid cap it companies. Take solutions just broke out (hurray for patience). Zensar is a safe bet. Rs software is a momentum growth name.

well, i entered Suven far too late at 220 last year, saw it go all the way up to 330 but did not sell and then sold last week at 252 fearing rate-hike nonsense. Had no courage to buy Take after it rallied from 50 to 100 fearing it had run up too much only to regret later. Story of my life! :)

well, i entered Suven far too late at 220 last year, saw it go all the way up to 330 but did not sell and then sold last week at 252 fearing rate-hike nonsense. Had no courage to buy Take after it rallied from 50 to 100 fearing it had run up too much only to regret later. Story of my life! :)

CommentQuote
  • An honest confession by Udayan Mukherjee of CNBCTV18 that expert advise on stock markets is unreliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUjO0EdR4Ls
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vinod Gupte

There's no value left in 95% of the market. I am holding onto Manappuram finance from 22-24 levels and I expect it to hit at least 33. Take a look at Kalyani steels (bharat forge group company which supply's auto sector)
    CommentQuote
  • in the history of nifty no two consecutive year has been negative so buying this year will not be negative in the index.

rohit

never trade on the free tips
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    in the history of nifty no two consecutive year has been negative so buying this year will not be negative in the index.

rohit

never trade on the free tips

But then when we can expect NIFTY to touch 7000 or like few people are expecting 4500/4700?

Shall one wait till it hits that 7000 or 4500/4700 mark, before moving up to a positive territory? Which means a minimum of 80-100% rise from 4500.. Right?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manzb
    But then when we can expect NIFTY to touch 7000 or like few people are expecting 4500/4700?

Shall one wait till it hits that 7000 or 4500/4700 mark, before moving up to a positive territory? Which means a minimum of 80-100% rise from 4500.. Right?

no answers to human psychology of greed and fear :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by boomer
    There's no value left in 95% of the market. I am holding onto Manappuram finance from 22-24 levels and I expect it to hit at least 33. Take a look at Kalyani steels (bharat forge group company which supply's auto sector)

thanks! i will check kalyani out.
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone tracking Sequent Scintifiq lately? It has given more than 100% in past 10-11 months and story still seems to be intact
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    So what are you buying?

Last time you mentioned that you have bought SAIL for your personal portfolio. I guess, that bet didn't work out. :)

Right But it would be there for life
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    OK. Steel is forever.

Problem is that I cannot be on the buy side because of the nature of job.

So even when I know that market will be positive for 2016 I have to find opportunities for making money in shorts of nifty.

So I cannot answer what to buy
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Just saw this article about startup job losses and thought I should share since there is so little info about startups in the public domain.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/startups-india-why-employees-sacked-085300815.html

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bearishon
    An honest confession by Udayan Mukherjee of CNBCTV18 that expert advise on stock markets is unreliable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUjO0EdR4Ls

Saw this video today and I completely agree with Udayan.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vinod Gupte
    Just curious if you are still holding on to this stock.

of course i am still holding , my buy is around 11-12 , why would i quit without any reason ?

nifty has made bullish boxes on 4 hour chart

when it made bearish box it went down ..............now boxes are bullish , so time to be bullish again

7700 is threshold for this

CommentQuote