Sort by :
Filter by :
- All members r requested to comment, give suggestions .
Tagging a few members -
Cookie ; pune0001 ; RRRrao ; SalvorHardin ; vclogic ; maverick007 ; Franke ; wiseman ; rs2507 ; tyler_durden ; rsrsin ; ashish18 ; BaagadBilla ; counterview ; Que Sera ; soarer ; amitexpert ; Norway ; amitgargi ; rushilarora ; Magadh_Pride ; djvjain ; ragh_ideal ; yogeshraja ; JethroNull ; ThePunjabi ; Bala2107 ; puser ; CAPT RAJESH ; busmissed222 ; Chinuboy ; manzb ; dineshsays ; mmulye ; amit001 ; Venkytalks ; manu813 ; sayan ; rohit_warren ; frankm ;
mkg007 Economist; Vaibhav123 revhappy ARJUNPUNJABI IPNoida gours21 infoshare1981 KaamDev dceite jollygood Rohit1975 ashok1984 hemant434 eyeopener rareal sh-saxena aniket15 Chinuboy manujmohla SanjanaSingh TruthSeeker1 capreal26 toocool ltnikhil JASA8bYR;CommentQuote0Flag
- I personally feel 5 threads might be too less for certain big cities.... rest the idea seems gud.CommentQuote0Flag
- IMHO the current format in Gurgaon thread is a good model. One news thread, one RE prognosis/prediction thread (instead of RE bubble burst, it should be renamed "Gurgaon RE - Future and challenges" and the other three should be area specific developments, prognosis and predictions. Just one more suggestion, instead of just DEW and New Gurgaon, other major micromarkets like GCR, GCExt and Sohna Road should also be included.CommentQuote0Flag
- Manoja bro ; current model of identifying thread will not work if we stick to 5 threads per city.
There has to be a clear cut category defined for example if I think of Gurgoan then
1) GC & GCX updates
2) Sohna Road updates
3) New Gurgoan updates
4) DEW updates
5) Gurgoan RE Updates - it will include any general question or questions on Gurgoan RE
- Originally Posted by MANOJaA "Trending" thread is one that is placed permanently at the top of a forum / category. The thread has to be informative, engaging, helpful, relevant & with regular Posts. Also these threads should help a user to take decision in terms of buying their home.
Guidelines for a thread to be a 'Trending' thread:
- A maximum of 5 Trending threads in every city forum (typically in the current design at max 5 threads is easily visible)
- These 5 Trending threads will consist of 1 News based (including protests & campaigns in users benefit), 1 Project thread, 1 Locality thread, 2 General Real estate discussion threads
- Time period for review/updating/change of News & Project based threads would be 2 weeks & 4 weeks for Locality & General Real estate discussion threads
The above Guidelines are on trial basis for forums on the main page . The sole motive of adding a new dimension to Sticky/Trending Threads is to make IREF more engaging & relevant for our members. If required, we would further amend the Guidelines, so to keep our focus on our aim to transform the property market from opaque to crystal clear."
We now invite members to comment on the above, give suggestions, so that we can make the above process transparent, impactful & more useful.
Trending does seem to be better than sticky (I never understood what sticky meant anyway! :)).
But as we all know the most sticky conversations have little to do with RE and include politics, religion, etc, etc.
Perhaps we can have a bunch of trending threads that are not classified hierarchically under cities, but are, rather free-wheeling for entire country of contributors to come in and free-wheel around.
This should ensure that city threads are city focused and this special bunch of threads form a hold-all umbrella for everything else.
I'm okay with anything.
- Sounds good - probably ordering the threads on basis of the activity will also give good data point for user to know which city/area is of interst to the larger worldCommentQuote0Flag
- Thanks Guys for all the comments & suggestions .
We have implemented the new system today .
We would be watching it and would make necessary changes, whenever required .CommentQuote0Flag