Hello all!

I just wanted to post a quick hello and introduce myself to the forum. IGRM has invited me to join the IREF team and I hope to be a part of the anticipated growth we hope to see in the coming months. :)

A bit about me - I work in many things IT related. The most relevant aspects in interest to IREF are that of Community Management, vBulletin, HTML/PHP/SQL, etc.

Hope to help out with good things to come and that I am a welcomed addition to the IREF team!

Down to business - There have been a few initial adjustments made, some of which include:

1) Fixed an error in markup that caused all usernames that followed an Admin name to be bold - in the "who's online" list at the bottom of the home page.

2) Enabled user profiles and friends list. You can now click your name at the top right of the site (or anyone elses name across the forum) and view the user profile. You will notice several things that could be useful. For example, if you click "Show All Statistics" on the right of the profile page, you will see you can find all your recent threads and posts.

You will notice some fields on the "about" tab. Feel free to reply and provide suggestions of what you may like to see there for all users.

You can edit your own profile from your User CP, linked in the main navbar.

3) Removed the "Not logged 365" group that was showing on Forum Leaders page. (When you click "View forum leaders" at the bottom of the home page. ) These are members that haven't logged in, in 365 days.

4) Created team forums that will be used by moderators, etc, that are brought on board in the near future.

5) Disabled ability for registered users to create new threads in the Announcements and Introductions forum - as meant by design.

6) Added two useful BB codes, hide and strike-though.

Hide:

This will allow users to hide text, it is very useful. The tags are:

50 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • "Post Thanks" plugin has been installed. This is a very useful plugin. It is an in-house way to "thank" or "like" a post.

It will help with very large threads in finding the most relevant and "liked" posts as members can scan down and find posts with many "thanks".

Click "Thanks" under this post, on the right, to see it in action.

:)

There is a good chance we will remove the facebook and twitter buttons, as they likely add more clutter than the do usefulness. If you feel strongly against this, please speak up!
    CommentQuote
  • version

If something can be done create a application for the duscussion.
    Originally Posted by Phases
    "Post Thanks" plugin has been installed. This is a very useful plugin. It is an in-house way to "thank" or "like" a post.

It will help with very large threads in finding the most relevant and "liked" posts as members can scan down and find posts with many "thanks".

Click "Thanks" under this post, on the right, to see it in action.

:)

There is a good chance we will remove the facebook and twitter buttons, as they likely add more clutter than the do usefulness. If you feel strongly against this, please speak up!
    CommentQuote
  • Multi Quote is not working .

Also, can the BB codes, hide and strike-though, be explained in detail ?

EDIT - Multi Quote is working fine . Maybe, i was not using it the right way .
    CommentQuote
  • Yeah multi-quote should be working fine. I've removed the facebook and twitter buttons for now, they are lots of clutter for minor value for our purpose here - but can re-enable them at any time.

I've also changed it so that you don't have to click "quick reply" in a post, the box at the bottom of the thread is open for use.

The bbcode buttons are pretty easy to use. The usage is:

CommentQuote
  • Since the hide tags typically see heavy use I have added a "hide" button in the toolbar of the main editor. It will not show in the "quick reply" at the bottom of threads - only the main editor that you get when clicking "Post Reply" or "New Thread".

Simply highlight text that you are typing that you want to hide, and click the button.
    CommentQuote
  • Added a favicon to replace the vBulletin default. I have attached the old and what you should see now.

It may take take effect immediately, or take some time (a clearing of your cookies/cache would force it).
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • As somebody said 'Change is Good'... seems it's true for IREF both in terms of features and looks. As of now, I second Admin's view about removing FB & Twitter buttons in the posts. However, would like to see FB 'Like'/ Google+ '+' button in the home page giving users the opportunity to like the site and also to increase awareness about the forum amongst FB/ G+ users. It would be even better to add 'Tweet' button in the home page to let people share content on Twitter without having to leave the page.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • ok, will take a look. :)
    CommentQuote
  • The theme is messed up though.
    The header is too big (wider than the Body)
    The first Post is way too wider than the second. Will post screen shoot in a moment
    CommentQuote

• Please see.. Also, the vertical sign-up/welcome banner to the left on homepage messes up the homepage.. So you may want to remove it..
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Happy to see a responsive and active Admin. Seeing a great future of IREF.:)
    All the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the kind words :)

MrTony: I've made a change that will help with the middle screenshot - my original post breaking out of the template. It is because the quotes portion does not wrap. It should help. However, the issue is slightly exaggerated by your lower resolution. If you bump your resolution up a little, that problem and the header overhang will be less drastic.

Hope this helps - will put the header issue on my (huge) to do list. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • I have read the two previously linked threads and added some notes to my own. Then we made some more changes and updates, including the following:

- Removed the "Banned Users" thread
    - Disabled "users browsing forums" for performance and privacy benefits
    - Disabled "users browsing threads" for performance and privacy benefits
    - Disabled "users who have read this thread" for performance and privacy benefits
    - Removed "Social Groups" from the navbar. It is still found in the "Community" dropdown in the navbar
    - Merged the Q&A section into Announcements - bear with us, this forum will get cleaned up.
    - Opened for new threads (and renamed) the Introductions forum - make a thread introduce yourself if you like!
    - Increased all attachment filesize limits considerably
    - Increased character limit in posts considerably
    - Increased PM limit to 100,
    - Increased "max recipients per PM" from 2 to 5
    - Back end maintenance
    - Plugins to help moderators and admin
    - Centered the quick reply's "post quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons under the form (at the bottom of threads), as they were aligned far left.
    - Modified registration text and illegal names/characters to be permitted for registration

Thanks!
    CommentQuote
  • My resolution is standard (1024X768), and I never had this issue on any VB forums. I am a forum junkie myself :)
    And this is a very common/popular resolution. I was just giving my feedback as it worked fine earlier. No offense.

Here is another screenshot of the Homepage.

Attachments:
    CommentQuote