The reputation system that was put in place a bit back as a test run, has been disabled until further notice.

It has been deemed more hassle than worth for IREF. This is a HARD system to get working right and it has to be embraced by the whole core community, with best intentions in mind, for it to even have hope to be effective. I think many would agree for this community it is currently not worth the trouble.

We may try to tweak it in the future, but for now it's removed.
Thanks
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • This system in its current form is not tweaked for an Forum like this .

........but, i appreciate, it was meant for betterment of the system & maybe something tweaked real hard or something new might have been more effective .

I really do appreciate the effort & we all r humans & we all need to give our best shot for trying to achieve the paradise / mirage .

I wish the best of luck to IREF for similar future endeavors & i hope many of us would be there to give our constructive criticism .

Originally Posted by Phases
    The reputation system that was put in place a bit back as a test run, has been disabled until further notice.

It has been deemed more hassle than worth for IREF. This is a HARD system to get working right and it has to be embraced by the whole core community, with best intentions in mind, for it to even have hope to be effective. I think many would agree for this community it is currently not worth the trouble.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • A couple of suggestions

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place to post these suggestions.

May I also suggest to do away with the tag of "new/member/veteran " tags too as it is very misleading. I seen here members designated as "veterans" having very average to lousy posts in majority whereas even some "new" members have posted some excellent posts....simply the no. of posts should not be the criteria for tagging someone "veteran" at-least as it can mislead many. In any case as the joining date and alos the no. of posts are mentioned against the name of the members, one can make some impression on the activity of the members if that's what was intended by IREF while naming members differently.

Please also introduce a button which may imply a "agree" vote along with "thanks" because many a times someone may simply like to "agree" to the post rather than "thanking" but in absence of such a button ends up clicking on "thanks"....again can be misleading for users to interpret the real thanks quotient.
    :)
    While IREF is a very useful forum for someone seeking a varied viewpoints from the learned members, I hope to see some of these very important changes sometime in future as it will help the IREF rating system credibility.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aishwarya
    Not sure if this is the right place to post these suggestions.

May I also suggest to do away with the tag of "new/member/veteran " tags too as it is very misleading. I seen here members designated as "veterans" having very average to lousy posts in majority whereas even some "new" members have posted some excellent posts....simply the no. of posts should not be the criteria for tagging someone "veteran" at-least as it can mislead many. In any case as the joining date and alos the no. of posts are mentioned against the name of the members, one can make some impression on the activity of the members if that's what was intended by IREF while naming members differently.

Please also introduce a button which may imply a "agree" vote along with "thanks" because many a times someone may simply like to "agree" to the post rather than "thanking" but in absence of such a button ends up clicking on "thanks"....again can be misleading for users to interpret the real thanks quotient.
    :)
    While IREF is a very useful forum for someone seeking a varied viewpoints from the learned members, I hope to see some of these very important changes sometime in future as it will help the IREF rating system credibility.

Its understandable what you intend to say but i dont think much can be done on this. In technical language the parameters have to be well defined. It can be either something self defined like no of posts or a fixed parameter which is defined automatically (give suggestions if you see other basis instead of num of posts) or another parameter which is defined dynamically by poll or opinions/clicks from people BUT such a thing can always be misused by professionals same way as ats guys do on ats thread and attack people who raise questions on ats.

Best thing is to be aware that veteran on forum means high num of posts and thats it !
    CommentQuote
  • - Post count means nothing to me, personally. I have never bothered to use that to judge someones worth, or let it add (or subtract) much value in what they say. It is true, to some degree, that a high post count USUALLY means you're looking at someone who has at least stayed out of trouble, and might be respectable in that sense - but that's it.

I do not pay attention to "veteran member", etc. However, I do acknowledge that not everyone is the same and just because I put no real value on it, other new members might. It is worth thinking about.

- The thanks button can easily be attributed for a "like" or "agree" button too, and it's pretty easy to use context to determine what it is mostly meant for. If I make a post saying I updated the system - obviously anyone who "thanks" it is really just "liking" or "thanking" it. If I make a post that is purely opinion in the midst of a debate, those that "thank" it are mostly "agreeing" and "liking" it.

I don't think something separate is required, and it will more add to the mess than anything else. I don't find a need for a more defined distinction.

Thanks for the input guys :)
    CommentQuote
  • While we are at it

- Post count means nothing to me, personally. I have never bothered to use that to judge someones worth, or let it add (or subtract) much value in what they say. It is true, to some degree, that a high post count USUALLY means you're looking at someone who has at least stayed out of trouble, and might be respectable in that sense - but that's it.

I do not pay attention to "veteran member", etc. However, I do acknowledge that not everyone is the same and just because I put no real value on it, other new members might. It is worth thinking about.

- The thanks button can easily be attributed for a "like" or "agree" button too, and it's pretty easy to use context to determine what it is mostly meant for. If I make a post saying I updated the system - obviously anyone who "thanks" it is really just "liking" or "thanking" it. If I make a post that is purely opinion in the midst of a debate, those that "thank" it are mostly "agreeing" and "liking" it.

I don't think something separate is required, and it will more add to the mess than anything else. I don't find a need for a more defined distinction.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Not to do a one-up thingy , but is there a way to segregate project specific / builder specific discussion vis-a-vis generic real estate subjects ( such as for example trend in a particular region or infra projects ).

This will immensely help for those who sift through the latest posts for useful information and more often than not the latest posts are flooded with project specific posts ( some may even think that they are purely sales pitch looking at the same set of users posting same stuff). Or is it an interest of the moderator folk ? Not sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Well we have builder specific forums and regional specific forums and threads should be aimed to focus on one or the other if that is required, but it's easy to see how most threads will easily touch on both subjects..
    CommentQuote